Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doctor Kildare

Sark makes a U of Tenn OC hot board!

65 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I haven't seen many good ole days of Sark.

Sark is the ONLY coach on that team that has pretty much done what he is suppose to do over the last two years and thats including Quinn.  Quinn hasn't done anything. Manuel nothing.  Special Teams coach nothing.  Position coaches nothing with the possible exception of Morris.  The rest haven't done nothing...

Just now, slickgadawg said:

Sark is the ONLY coach on that team that has pretty much done what he is suppose to do over the last two years and thats including Quinn.  Quinn hasn't done nothing. Manuel nothing.  Special Teams coach nothing.  Position coaches nothing with the possible exception of Morris.  The rest haven't done nothing...

I won't argue that, but it doesn't make Sark any better of an OC.

Just now, Geneaut said:

I won't argue that, but it doesn't make Sark any better of an OC.

Every week there is a ton of threads bragging about how much yardage Ryan is putting up. Is Ryan calling his own plays??:lol:  nah.  Folks just don't like Sark.  They acting like a jilted husband because Shanahan left.  Shanahan threw the Falcons under the bus in the Superbowl, then bounced to another team and STILL folks worship at his shrine...:lol:   Meanwhile, they can't and don't wanna see the good that Sark has done...  This franchise. No wonder it has ZERO rings...:lol:

Pay the Zebra likes this

3 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Every week there is a ton of threads bragging about how much yardage Ryan is putting up. Is Ryan calling his own plays??:lol:  nah.  Folks just don't like Sark.  They acting like a jilted husband because Shanahan left.  Shanahan threw the Falcons under the bus in the Superbowl, then bounced to another team and STILL folks worship at his shrine...:lol:   Meanwhile, they can't and don't wanna see the good that Sark has done...  This franchise. No wonder it has ZERO rings...:lol:

We have the 32nd ranked rushing offense. Yes, I realize the OL is far from healthy, but to be the worst rushing O in the NFL is hard to get behind. These aren't 'good ole days'.

9 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

We have the 32nd ranked rushing offense. Yes, I realize the OL is far from healthy, but to be the worst rushing O in the NFL is hard to get behind. These aren't 'good ole days'.

I get that.  That offensive line is horrible though even when healthy as far as the run game.  Another problem is Coleman can't break tackles.  Teams can load up in the box and not worry about a missed tackle going long on them. 

Sure, Sark has some questionable calls here and there.  I admit that.  I just feel that he is not the problem.  The Falcons are still moving the ball which, at the end of the day, is what matters...

2 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Same 'playbook' or not Knapp knows Matt, knows our current offense, knows the WCO, worked for Kubiak, 'played' for Shanahan Sr. Short of a guy straight from the Shanahan tree or Kubiak he might be the closest facsimile in the market.

That said he never super impressed me as a play-caller when he was here before ( So. Many, Curls and Comebacks ) except he did like to emphasize the run. That may have been more about Vick than anything else.

I seem to remember Vick saying after a game against the Redskins about having to go against the play calls because they weren't working.

10 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Oh ok same way how Takk deleted his like on the Sark tweet.  Same way how Campbell had to get disciplined for his Browns Game comment.  Ok, your right, EVERY Falcon is speaking their true feelings on every media press.  MAN , you got it down so easily

I don't care what a second year defensive end that hasn't had a sack in 6 weeks says about the OFFENSIVE coordinator lol. 

7 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

I get that.  That offensive line is horrible though even when healthy as far as the run game.  Another problem is Coleman can't break tackles.  Teams can load up in the box and not worry about a missed tackle going long on them. 

Sure, Sark has some questionable calls here and there.  I admit that.  I just feel that he is not the problem.  The Falcons are still moving the ball which, at the end of the day, is what matters...

They aren’t moving the ball, though.  We average 370 ypg.  With the resources we’ve allocated to the offense, that won’t cut it.  And similar to last year, the offense is getting worse each week.  Over the last 4 weeks we average just 280 ypg.  For reference, the decimated 49ers team with a 3rd string QB and $57,000,000 of their CAP on IR average 360 ypg.  Whether it’s Sark’s fault or not, he has lost the players which is a death sentence

mqg96 likes this

1 hour ago, Dem Birds said:

I don't care what a second year defensive end that hasn't had a sack in 6 weeks says about the OFFENSIVE coordinator lol. 

And how many games you played for the Falcons?  I am not talking Madden, I mean in real life?

11 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Sark is the ONLY coach on that team that has pretty much done what he is suppose to do over the last two years and thats including Quinn.  Quinn hasn't done anything. Manuel nothing.  Special Teams coach nothing.  Position coaches nothing with the possible exception of Morris.  The rest haven't done nothing...

This is so incorrect on so many levels. Manuel has been working with Quinn going back to his Seattle days. So the defense has always been a problem with Quinn. I don't think it has much to do with Manuel being the DC as a lot of people think. Manuel just got promoted by Quinn because Quinn put his trust in him. The defense gets way more credit in 2017 than the offense period. This year it's a combination of a lot of problems. Sark has been part of the problem with the offense the whole time he's been here although the O-line has sucked too. 

Spts1 likes this

On 12/14/2018 at 11:09 AM, Falconsin2012 said:

His name was LaFleur.  But we were not impressed and refused to let him stay on as QB coach let alone promote him to OC

Also didn't call plays and has no experience at it. 

18 hours ago, HMFIC said:

Would you hire a brain surgeon with No experience in Brain surgery ?  That's what Quinn did with Sark.

Pretty different circumstances first...2nd, Sark does have experience, just not NFL experience...so not a real valid example.

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Also didn't call plays and has no experience at it. 

True.  Doing a pretty good job at it now.  He was a Shanny disciple and knows the playbook as well as anyone.  

I still cant believe people stick up for Sark at this point.  Sark doesn't belong in the NFL nor top college ranks.  He deserves to be on a team that is ranked 20 through 25 on the college ranks. 

mqg96 likes this

2 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

I still cant believe people stick up for Sark at this point.  Sark doesn't belong in the NFL nor top college ranks.  He deserves to be on a team that is ranked 20 through 25 on the college ranks. 

I would not say he doesn’t belong in the NFL.  But he should have started as QB coach and earned his way up

mqg96 likes this