Macintez

Arthur Blank and Falcons must go all in on Gary Kubiak if they truly want to maximize this Super Bowl window.

129 posts in this topic

This just needs to happen... I am typically in favor of keeping staff around for two reasons.

1. Continuity 

2. Development (For both players and coaches)

But Kubiak throwing himself in the mix of OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR would be a dream come true for us because if he wanted to be a head coach he would be a TOP candidate but is submitting himself to a lesser role. Quinn really wants an offensive coordinator that he doesn’t have to worry about for the sake of him being fully hands on with the defense. Him having to constantly answer questions about the offensive is something that he is not used to. As much as I like Sark, I think he would be better served learning under Kubiak. TD needs to make this move, I understand being loyal to people but he loyal to winning.

Edited by Macintez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s DQ problem...he’s too loyal. I think that will end up costing him his job. He’s too loyal to his players and coaches..... Sark, MM, KA plus giving players like Bs and Duke Riley way too much PT without positive results is DQ weakness. 

TD should beheld accountable for the poor OL DL and lack of overalls depth. 

Kubiak would be a great hire...but DQ and TD should be on the HOT seat next yr.

Skeetbird and bighurt like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id sell out to get Kubiak as assistant HC, HC or OC whatever it takes. He is the one guy if he just wants to be OC Id do that, has background in our current offense, think he could teach Quinn a thing or two about game management. Would like him as HC but doubtful he wants to jump back into that. 

Macintez and thofin21 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring in Kubiak, sign Chuck Smith as D-line coach, and they draft/sign as many good trench players as we can get.   Add some additional depth around the roster and I think we'd be set for another playoff run next year.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

That’s DQ problem...he’s too loyal. I think that will end up costing him his job. He’s too loyal to his players and coaches..... Sark, MM, KA plus giving players like Bs and Duke Riley way too much PT without positive results is DQ weakness. 

TD should beheld accountable for the poor OL DL and lack of overalls depth. 

Kubiak would be a great hire...but DQ and TD should be on the HOT seat next yr.

We've went through an awful lot of coordinators in 4 years to be claiming dq is too loyal to his other coaches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously, the best case scenario is to ditch Sark and hire Kubiak.  Kubiak would come in and instantly command respect (both from our players and opposing teams), and, hopefully, change the culture on the offense.  Blank, Dimitroff and Quinn should do whatever it takes to get him. Pay him what he wants.  Fire Manuel, make Morris DC and give Kubiak the Assistant Head Coach title, whatever it takes.  Honestly, unless Quinn is going to take over calling the defense he needs a top flight DC replacement, too.  With a head coach like Quinn the Defense should be more than pulling its weight this far into his tenure.

I'm dubious Kubiak will wind up here for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that I don't think most HCs would knowingly and willingly hire a potential replacement unless they have to.  If the offense were to perform well next year but we miss the playoffs again Blank could think of replacing Quinn with Kubiak.  Heck, maybe he ought to right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Bring in Kubiak, sign Chuck Smith as D-line coach, and they draft/sign as many good trench players as we can get.   Add some additional depth around the roster and I think we'd be set for another playoff run next year.

Everyone knows Kubiak loves the kind of under-drafted, undersized offensive linemen everyone on this board hates, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jesus said:

What is this idea that Quinn is "too loyal?" Loyal to whom?

He's cut players who don't fit the system or work out. He's also fires coaches after the season as well. He fired his hand picked DC after going to the super bowl.

Must have him confused with Smitty who loved BVG and his veteran players on defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

That’s DQ problem...he’s too loyal. I think that will end up costing him his job. He’s too loyal to his players and coaches..... Sark, MM, KA plus giving players like Bs and Duke Riley way too much PT without positive results is DQ weakness. 

TD should beheld accountable for the poor OL DL and lack of overalls depth. 

Kubiak would be a great hire...but DQ and TD should be on the HOT seat next yr.

I don't think it's loyalty. I think it's laziness in his selection process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

That’s DQ problem...he’s too loyal. I think that will end up costing him his job. He’s too loyal to his players and coaches..... Sark, MM, KA plus giving players like Bs and Duke Riley way too much PT without positive results is DQ weakness. 

TD should beheld accountable for the poor OL DL and lack of overalls depth. 

Kubiak would be a great hire...but DQ and TD should be on the HOT seat next yr.

Where exactly did people get this idea that Quinn is “too loyal?” Didn’t he pull play calling duties from Richard Smith and let him go at the end of the 2016 season?

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jesus said:

What is this idea that Quinn is "too loyal?" Loyal to whom?

He's cut players who don't fit the system or work out. He's also fires coaches after the season as well. He fired his hand picked DC after going to the super bowl.

Exactly. He cut Roddy White, fires Richard Smith, and made several other roster moves. This loyalty narrative from fans is just stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If Quinn is the defensive guru that has been claimed why does he just run the defense himself?

If Sark and Manuel are not fired the day after this miserable season is over then Quinn is not the HC we need here.

Cuz he's not.  Seahawks D was good before he left and good after he left until Legion of Boom crumbled.  And it's still above average today.

 

Cough cough Pete Caroll.  Kinda like how Belichick assitants could never be good either.

Edited by BLM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinn is mostly loyal to himself. I think he picks potentially crappy coordinators so that he has a fall guy when things hit the dumper due to his complete inadequacy as a HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we at least let Sark get fired first before moving on from him prematurely. I know no one on this team will publicly call out a coach like past stars and on other teams, but the top 2 guys on offense have said way too many times the issue is poor execution. They don't carry practice over to game day. I honestly don't think Sark will get fired. It's clear that the offensive line is complete trash and the receivers can't make catches when it matters most. That isn't on Sark no matter how much fans try to put it on him. It would be a surprise if Sark is fired and Matt ends up with his 5th OC.

Macintez and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Can we at least let Sark get fired first before moving on from him prematurely. I know no one on this team will publicly call out a coach like past stars and on other teams, but the top 2 guys on offense have said way too many times the issue is poor execution. They don't carry practice over to game day. I honestly don't think Sark will get fired. It's clear that the offensive line is complete trash and the receivers can't make catches when it matters most. That isn't on Sark no matter how much fans try to put it on him. It would be a surprise if Sark is fired and Matt ends up with his 5th OC.

IT        IS       on Sark !  He has taken a high speed offense that he is incapable of understanding, and ruined it.  he is a college coach, nothing more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Macintez said:

This just needs to happen... I am typically in favor of keeping staff around for two reasons.

1. Continuity 

2. Development (For both players and coaches)

But Kubiak throwing himself in the mix of OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR would be a dream come true for us because if he wanted to be a head coach he would be a TOP candidate but is submitting himself to a lesser role. Quinn really wants an offensive coordinator that he doesn’t have to worry about for the sake of him being fully hands on with the defense. Him having to constantly answer questions about the offensive is something that he is not used to. As much as I like Sark, I think he would be better served learning under Kubiak. TD needs to make this move, I understand being loyal to people but he loyal to winning.

ummmm.................how can Sark learn under Kubiak if Kubiac replaces him ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jstammer said:

Quinn is mostly loyal to himself. I think he picks potentially crappy coordinators so that he has a fall guy when things hit the dumper due to his complete inadequacy as a HC. 

OK, this is nonsense.  Any good coach/manager hires the best people available.  He has to surround himself with quality people to be successful.  I just don't think he has done that yet.  I don't think anyone would plan their future as one needing a fall guy or two.

TheJudge likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HMFIC said:

IT        IS       on Sark !  He has taken a high speed offense that he is incapable of understanding, and ruined it.  he is a college coach, nothing more. 

It isn't completely on him. That's what I think it's going to boil down to. He has zero control of the offensive line not giving Matt time. He has zero control over Matt missing at least 8 deep throws that could/should have been touchdowns. He has zero control over Ridley tipping balls into the opponents hands and running bad routes and he has zero control over all of the WR's dropping key passes. You can say he called bad plays in certain situations and i'll give you that but you can't put poor execution on him at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

That’s DQ problem...he’s too loyal. I think that will end up costing him his job. He’s too loyal to his players and coaches..... Sark, MM, KA plus giving players like Bs and Duke Riley way too much PT without positive results is DQ weakness. 

TD should beheld accountable for the poor OL DL and lack of overalls depth. 

Kubiak would be a great hire...but DQ and TD should be on the HOT seat next yr.

He is too loyal? He has been here 3 seasons and on his 2nd set of coordinators on both sides of the ball. And brought in Knapp as an outsider because he didn’t have faith in Sark...let’s let him actually keep SS and MM before we make more unfactual accusations;)

Duke played zero snaps last week also. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this article at least gives us hope. Mr. Blank, pay the man.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported on Sunday that Denver Broncos Senior Personnel Advisor, Gary Kubiak, is considering a return to coaching in 2019 as an Offensive Coordinator.

Sources say several potential head-coaching candidates view Kubiak as a viable possibility for an offensive coordinator post, an opportunity the Broncos do believe he’ll consider.

The desire to coach is still there with Gary Kubiak despite multiple health issues while head coach of both the Houston Texans and Broncos. Sources with the Broncos are aware of this interest and appear to support it according to Rapoport.

Kubiak has served for the last two years as a senior personnel adviser with the Broncos, and sources say the team has nothing but respect for the job Kubiak has done for the organization.

They understand this development and believe this is something Kubiak will look into if offered anything.

As a fan, I am more troubled by this than happy about it. Kubiak seemed to provide a stabilizing effect on the Broncos draft strategy as the 2018 NFL Draft class appears to be one of the best ever through nine games.

One possibility, that kind of appeals to me, is one where the Broncos land John Harbaugh who then, in turn, hires Gary Kubiak as coordinator. The two shared great success in 2014 when the Baltimore Ravens finished 9th in yards per play, 8th in yards per pass attempt, and 7th in yards per rush attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now