gazoo

There is still much hope looking forward, here is the fix (revisited)

110 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

I agree with everything you said. Sark and Armstrong were the biggest problems and they are gone. If this team stays healthy, they will contend big time. 

Yep, so was our OL and I’m stoked Blank promised that was going to be the #1 priority in the offseason. After the draft and FA we can be certain this is going to be addressed based on Blanks comments.

We already have an outstanding LT and C. We don’t need all pros at each of the remaining positions, but we do need capable above average players at bare minimum at 2 of them, and a stud at the 3rd and our OL will be in great shape.

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

While there was no desire to bump this to antagonize anyone who was in disagreement, and while I didn’t even look to see who had been in disagreement with my OP, your response that misses 98% of what I was saying suggests you may have been one of those. Sorry if this caused you butthurt, they may have some salve you can order online for that. 

Purely an attention whoring self bump bro. Here, let me bump it again for you.

Bumped for Zoo.

Too many people take this message board, and their own opinions, way too serious.

I think the five biggest issues in 2018 were: 1. A bad OC; 2. a bad Oline; 3. Injuries; 4. A bad pass rush and ineffective Dline; 5. No defensive depth

1. Sark is gone and replace by a good OC who is going to get the offense rolling if...

2. The offensive line is fixed and I believe it will be.  I think the one big free agent spend this year will be for the best guard possible.  Jake, a monster Guard and Mack will set our left side and we can work with our right side.

3. Nothing you can do injuries.  Hopefully everyone is healthy

4. I think our first two draft picks are Dline and we resign Grady.  Combine those with some veteran help and Quinn coaching and we will be better.  A lot better.

5. No one overcomes losing as many pro-bowlers as we did, but I think Quinn understands his mistakes.  This will be better

Stryka likes this

Just to point out...in relation to Mock draft picks pertaining to last year....do you know that I couldn't find anyone to get more than 1 pick correct for or 2018 draft?  Falcoholic  was the only one I was able to find that picked CB oliver and they even picked him correctly in the 2nd, while most mocks had him going in round 1.  So as far as who will be drafted to replace other players or fill holes, it's more than likely we are gonna see surprises with each and every pick, I mean honestly it's rare that we look at their picks and not at least are a LITTLE shocked by what they do and who they decide to draft.  When Julio was traded up for, honestly, Idk anyone who could have ever seen that one coming.  But, I look forward to the draft and the new players we will be bringing to ATL this year.

15 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Just to point out...in relation to Mock draft picks pertaining to last year....do you know that I couldn't find anyone to get more than 1 pick correct for or 2018 draft?  Falcoholic  was the only one I was able to find that picked CB oliver and they even picked him correctly in the 2nd, while most mocks had him going in round 1.  So as far as who will be drafted to replace other players or fill holes, it's more than likely we are gonna see surprises with each and every pick, I mean honestly it's rare that we look at their picks and not at least are a LITTLE shocked by what they do and who they decide to draft.  When Julio was traded up for, honestly, Idk anyone who could have ever seen that one coming.  But, I look forward to the draft and the new players we will be bringing to ATL this year.

Yea. That's the funny thing about the Falcons' brain trust. It's almost as if they're simply paid to keep the team in the appearances of being competitive rather than ACTUALLY BEING a very competitive franchise. But I guess that's just the NFL right now until Goodell and some of the other old white men that run the sport are replaced and eventually upgraded as we all will be at some point. So much of the business side of this game that us meager little fans are never truly privee to. We just have to agree to be overtly lethargic I guess. Watching Philly win one before we did really made me scratch my head looking at the difference between a coach like Pederson and one like Dan Quinn. Our roster isn't actually built to win a Championship. Not judging by today's standards anyway. It's built to be an almost team. That's this franchise' true culture. Atlanta sports/culture draws just as many haters as it does fans. Like Gladiator and we are literally the black dude who almost lives to the end of the movie lol

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy
federicofalcon2 likes this

Well that long video is pretty spot on.  Money and resources at QB, OL, DL and spend the rest according to how the league and your team is doing at that moment.  But without those 3, whatever you're trying to do isn't going to work wekk,

3 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Yea. That's the funny thing about the Falcons' brain trust. It's almost as if they're simply paid to keep the team in the appearances of being competitive rather than ACTUALLY BEING a very competitive franchise. But I guess that's just the NFL right now until Goodell and some of the other old white men that run the sport are replaced and eventually upgraded as we all will be at some point. So much of the business side of this game that us meager little fans are never truly privee to. We just have to agree to be overtly lethargic I guess. Watching Philly win one before we did really made me scratch my head looking at the difference between a coach like Pederson and one like Dan Quinn. Our roster isn't actually built to win a Championship. Not judging by today's standards anyway. It's built to be an almost team. That's this franchise' true culture. Atlanta sports/culture draws just as many haters as it does fans. Like Gladiator and we are literally the black dude who almost lives to the end of the movie lol

Not sure what skin color has to do with anything as it relates to the points you are making about wanting the older owners “upgraded”. That said, if you have an issue with white men, one might be biting the dust in a human trafficking bust.

Pacific_Falcon and Stryka like this

On 12/12/2018 at 6:25 PM, gazoo said:

Sure, it looks really ugly, but the sky is not even remotely falling. This team is stacked with talent and we have been improving depth bigtime over the last several drafts. We absolutely have a few huge holes, (Offensive Coordinator, OG, and DT)  but we are in an excellent position to fill them with solid to top tiered replacements. We have one of the best QBs in the NFL who should still play at an elite level for minimum 5 more years if we protect him.

We really are not far off. We need new coordinators, any good NFL OC would jump at the opportunity to work with our group. A veteran ( not college) OC could turn offense around mmediately .....we are stacked. This is stil, DQs defense, I don’t see the DC job that difficult to correct. Same with any underperforming position coaches. 

We need a dominant, bad t9 the bone DT and the stars have aligned perfectly for us to get one with our top pick in 2019 draft. There are 4 top tier DTs in this draft, we should have our choice of 2 or 3 of them by our pick. This one pick could transform our DL. You put Grady and another dominant disruptive DT next him and  Tak gets 15 sacks next year.

We need a couple of OGs. We need to draft 2 this year with high picks and sign a veteran. Not sure what happened to Schraeder but he’s played well for 5 years, maybe he’s go personal issues distracting him  or an injury we don’t know about but he should be fine next year unless there is something we don’t know. You don’t play well for 5 years then forget how to play. 

We will get to pick at top of each round, and we get 4th and 5th round compensatory picks for Poe and Gabriel. We are in an excellent position to make an immediate rebound.

Our biggest issue is teams beating up our lines and the entire team collapsing. This is correctable, we have some awesome pieces already but need to get rid of the bad ones and stock up in draft. With one more dominant OL and DT to replace the weakest ones the team changes. But we have resources to get more than 2.

I see this as a fluke year where much of what could have gone wrong went wrong, exposing some weaknesses that needed to be fixed before moving up to next level. .As a team, I think we come back next year better than we were in 2016 and jump right back in the Super Bowl Hunt.

Agree pretty much on everything except your first pick... remember,, This up coming Draft is more loaded with DTs than any other in History,, So .. I think we should go get the best DE possible with our 1st pick.. JMO,, And then get a top notch OL in the 2nd round ,, remember,, this may be best and  the deepest DT draft in History ,,  So lets be smart and get that DE in the frist and a OT maybe 2nd,, Because the DTs will still be first round talent in the 3rd  through the 5th rounds,, I actually would like for us to draft two in this draft.. say why? Because  This draft is so deep in DT ,, why not get while the gettin's good.  Here's how I'd like to see us draft if possible or as close as possible.. 

1 DE 2 OL 3 DT 4 DT 5 OG 6 CB 7 CB  use the ne extra picks to trade up with to get pegged player. And use the other extra pick to take a Kicker if a great one is available. If not use the other extra pick to trade up with also.

gazoo likes this

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Agree pretty much on everything except your first pick... remember,, This up coming Draft is more loaded with DTs than any other in History,, So .. I think we should go get the best DE possible with our 1st pick.. JMO,, And then get a top notch OL in the 2nd round ,, remember,, this may be best and  the deepest DT draft in History ,,  So lets be smart and get that DE in the frist and a OT maybe 2nd,, Because the DTs will still be first round talent in the 3rd  through the 5th rounds,, I actually would like for us to draft two in this draft.. say why? Because  This draft is so deep in DT ,, why not get while the gettin's good.  Here's how I'd like to see us draft if possible or as close as possible.. 

1 DE 2 OL 3 DT 4 DT 5 OG 6 CB 7 CB  use the ne extra picks to trade up with to get pegged player. And use the other extra pick to take a Kicker if a great one is available. If not use the other extra pick to trade up with also.

We are pretty much on same page. My thinking of DT in round 1, is to get one who can get a lot of sacks and pressures on passing downs and rotate Senat and mid round draft pick DT in with them. 

True, we found one of those in round 5 with Grady.

I am so sick of watching our DEs get past the OTs only to have QB step up in pocket, buy an extra second, and complete the 3rd and long keeping the chains moving. 

When we dominated the Patriots for 3 1/2 quarters in Super Bowl, it’s was because Grady Jarret kept busting through A gaps and taking Brady’s pocket away. It’s the only way to get him usually. Brees does same.

I do want another pass rusher though. I’m wondering if we use FA for that.

4 hours ago, gazoo said:

We are pretty much on same page. My thinking of DT in round 1, is to get one who can get a lot of sacks and pressures on passing downs and rotate Senat and mid round draft pick DT in with them. 

True, we found one of those in round 5 with Grady.

I am so sick of watching our DEs get past the OTs only to have QB step up in pocket, buy an extra second, and complete the 3rd and long keeping the chains moving. 

When we dominated the Patriots for 3 1/2 quarters in Super Bowl, it’s was because Grady Jarret kept busting through A gaps and taking Brady’s pocket away. It’s the only way to get him usually. Brees does same.

I do want another pass rusher though. I’m wondering if we use FA for that.

I think if we do get a really good DE ,, we will have to take him with our 1st pick. WE hopefully won't have another pick that high for many years.. I trully believe that if we have a solid Draft. I'm a big believer in TD.. Now, if he's the one that wanted us to get and use Sark.. Then that is the worst move he's ever made. But thankfully ,, he learns from his mistakes. We will win at least twice as many games just because we have now gotten a good OC

gazoo likes this