atljbo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

And the waiting begins. Sark, Manuel, and Armstrong, you are on the clock.

Ican see our D-Line coach being changed.... To me the D-Line has been the biggest disappointment to me... I didnt see that step forward

I think we change OC, D-Line, and ST coach

It's amazing how Deion Sanders is putting most of the blame on the offensive philosophy. So again, this tells you that Sark has to go after this season. This offensive line shouldn't be as bad as 2013 with the talent we have even with Levtire being out. The play calling has been vanilla (too college style) and 5 straight weeks scoring 20 or less is unacceptable as well. 

25 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Ican see our D-Line coach being changed.... To me the D-Line has been the biggest disappointment to me... I didnt see that step forward

I think it's gonna depend on what happens in these last three games. That's a lot of football and a lot of things could change for several coaches and players on the bubble.

If anything for MM, I'd put him back at DB coach and either try Raheem Morris at DC or go get a fresh new face...MM is a Quinn light. Not a true X's and Os guys IMO. He's not there just yet...

Sark cannot exploit matchups and weaknesses of an opposing defense and is IMO, more so a product of player talent than really good coaching and playcalling on his part. Just look at the last five weeks. I think we're averaging around 18 points a game.  That's putrid.

Imagine this hypothetical...Matt Ryan, Julio and Mack all out on IR early in the season. Then you might have a case for saying injuries caused this offense to sputter week in and week out. In reality, two guards have gone on IR...but that is it. I am not trying to marginalize those injuries but I have seen teams come back from a lot worse in the same season. Sark absolutely relies more on talent than true good coaching and creativity. I've seen enough of him. We don't have time for him to figure it out.

Heard a great comment on 92.9 today. To paraphrase...Great coaching mixed in with mediocore player talent still produces consistent results. Great talent with mediocore coaching produces inconsistent results.  When our offense is going, the defense falters and vice versa. Offense has faltered way more than it should have going back to last year. That's what we've been seeing ALL season. Bumbling, inconsistent, sometimes overmatched play. That absolutely should not happen with our talent. That's coaching. 

39 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

And the waiting begins. Sark, Manuel, and Armstrong, you are on the clock.

Clock is broke!

Its time to replace it. 

I would still give Sark a year....not entirely his fault when guys make dumb mistakes and turonvers in red zone.

Rest all should be gone. Period! 

We are 2nd at bottom in sack pressure. Not acceptable!! 

I dont care what type of offense you have....if you cant get 3n outs or create takeaways.

You will be toast with even greates show on turf! 

Defense wins Lombardis! 

9 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Clock is broke!

Its time to replace it. 

I would still give Sark a year....not entirely his fault when guys make dumb mistakes and turonvers in red zone.

I dont care what type of offense you have....if you cant get 3n outs or create takeaways.

Defense wins Lombardis! 

In this instance on the clock means when the guillotine drops these three will be the first with their pink slips.

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

This is actually pretty sad, because our best healthy defensive player this season plays on the DL.  Jarrett has looked alone out there at times. I'd say Jarrett did take a step forward: Not on the stat sheet, but in how well he performed with little to no help. 

55 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

If anything for MM, I'd put him back at DB coach and either try Raheem Morris at DC or go get a fresh new face...MM is a Quinn light. Not a true X's and Os guys IMO. He's not there just yet...

Sark cannot exploit matchups and weaknesses of an opposing defense and is IMO, more so a product of player talent than really good coaching and playcalling on his part. Just look at the last five weeks. I think we're averaging around 18 points a game.  That's putrid.

Imagine this hypothetical...Matt Ryan, Julio and Mack all out on IR early in the season. Then you might have a case for saying injuries caused this offense to sputter week in and week out. In reality, two guards have gone on IR...but that is it. I am not trying to marginalize those injuries but I have seen teams come back from a lot worse in the same season. Sark absolutely relies more on talent than true good coaching and creativity. I've seen enough of him. We don't have time for him to figure it out.

Heard a great comment on 92.9 today. To paraphrase...Great coaching mixed in with mediocore player talent still produces consistent results. Great talent with mediocore coaching produces inconsistent results.  When our offense is going, the defense falters and vice versa. Offense has faltered way more than it should have going back to last year. That's what we've been seeing ALL season. Bumbling, inconsistent, sometimes overmatched play. That absolutely should not happen with our talent. That's coaching. 

I'm with you on this and what's more disappointing is they've had a experienced set of eyes in Knapp also helping Sarks cause to no avail.

I'd clean house on that side of the ball.

53 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Clock is broke!

Its time to replace it. 

Defense wins Lombardis! 

Give sark another year ? .... not his fault? .... ok well then manual would deserve another year , he had more injuries on his side of the ball ... the truth is they should all be gone , either they went ready for the job they got or their just collecting a check and not really worried about it .... Armstrong is a joke too, and both line coaches , DB coach too

1 hour ago, rounz said:

I don't think Armstrong will be enough of a sacrifice

Screw that, he isn't a "sacrifice" - the dude is flat out a problem. We have been bottom 3 in the league in starting field position the last two years, and he's a massive part of that.

Other changes are needed - I want the team to ship out or demote Manuel and if Kubiak is down, Sark can take a hike or at the VERY least a demotion - but Armstrong needs to be gone. I have zero doubt he would have been had his unit not performed so well in the playoffs last year.

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Screw that, he isn't a "sacrifice" - the dude is flat out a problem. We have been bottom 3 in the league in starting field position the last two years, and he's a massive part of that.

Other changes are needed - I want the team to ship out or demote Manuel and if Kubiak is down, Sark can take a hike or at the VERY least a demotion - but Armstrong needs to be gone. I have zero doubt he would have been had his unit not performed so well in the playoffs last year.

Nah, I meant it like FalconinPA put it:

A sacrifice to the god of Job Security.

Quinn & Co have to throw somebody into the volcano, and it'll be interesting to see if Armstrong--alone--will be enough.

42 minutes ago, UK13 said:

Give sark another year ? .... not his fault? .... ok well then manual would deserve another year , he had more injuries on his side of the ball ... the truth is they should all be gone , either they went ready for the job they got or their just collecting a check and not really worried about it .... Armstrong is a joke too, and both line coaches , DB coach too

If Sark was calling bad plays Ryan / Julio wouldnt be lighting up NFL.

In most games, we have had the ability to move the ball (pass more) and get in red zone....but, for some reason we havent capitalized due to players mental errors and dumb penalties. 

We have a charmin soft offensive line who lets our Q.B take absolute devastating hits, unable to open up lanes in outside zone plays for our R.Bs to do anything! 

Thats not Sarks fault.

Last year, Falcons WRs had the most drops in NFL but still went to division game in playoffs.

Our defense in at rock bottom in RED ZONE DEFENSE .......and Q.B pressure rate for past 2-3 years thats because of lack of innovative  / aggressive and lack of drafting right personnel upfront.

By no means,  Im suggesting Sark is Josh McDaniels. 

But, hes NOT the reason we have lost crucial games in late 4th qtr.

We have been one or 2 plays away from getting multiple Ws 

Manuel / S.T cordinators ,all other cordinators including scouting personnels have to be axed.