Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D.B.N.

CBS Sports mock

94 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Were at #4 and have the lowest SOS of any team in the top 10. 

As per a site called Tankathon? Sounds like something created by a bunch of wishful thinking TATF Tanker Boys. Try ESPN. The Jets have a lower SOS than us. They get the 4th slot. I heard the same thing on 92.9 a couple days ago. It doesn't matter anyway because we have three games left and will likely go 2-1. I still think we end up somewhere in the 8-12 range. Tank on tankers.

17 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

As per a site called Tankathon? Sounds like something created by a bunch of wishful thinking TATF Tanker Boys. Try ESPN. The Jets have a lower SOS than us. They get the 4th slot. I heard the same thing on 92.9 a couple days ago. It doesn't matter anyway because we have three games left and will likely go 2-1. I still think we end up somewhere in the 8-12 range. Tank on tankers.

ESPN goes based off your current SOS of games played. Cardinals, Panthers and Bucs are not factored into that (our final 3 opponents all with losing records, 14-25 overall)

Tankathon goes based off your entire schedule SOS (Including the 3 teams we have not played yet)

Considering your final SOS matters, not your week 14 SOS, I will take Tankathon over BSPN.

3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

ESPN goes based off your current SOS of games played. Cardinals, Panthers and Bucs are not factored into that (our final 3 opponents all with losing records, 14-25 overall)

Tankathon goes based off your entire schedule SOS (Including the 3 teams we have not played yet)

Considering your final SOS matters, not your week 14 SOS, I will take Tankathon over BSPN.

I see. They're predicting the future. Got it....:rolleyes:....The coveted QWill will be gone by the fourth pick. I can predict the future too. Rubbing crystal ball now. Looks like we end up in the 8-12 range. Don't fret, there will be a good player available in that range. Ferrell, Gary, Murphy, Simmons, Brown, Davis, Polite, somebody. My bad man, I thought this thread was about where we are as of today.

24 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I see. They're predicting the future. Got it....:rolleyes:....The coveted QWill will be gone by the fourth pick. I can predict the future too. Rubbing crystal ball now. Looks like we end up in the 8-12 range. Don't fret, there will be a good player available in that range. Ferrell, Gary, Murphy, Simmons, Brown, Davis, Polite, somebody. My bad man, I thought this thread was about where we are as of today.

Last I checked, The Cardinals are 3-10, The Panthers are 6-7 and the Bucs are 5-8. So yes, it is based off right now. How is that 'predicting the future'. Over the course of the next 3 weeks they will win/lose 3 games each as will every other team we have played previously. You are either confused or misunderstood what I said.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

11 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

His status is up in the air. He may be going to the MLB. 

Yeah his agent claims it’s a done deal. Word was he was a day two pick at best anyways, vs 9th overall baseball pick by the As

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Yeah his agent claims it’s a done deal. Word was he was a day two pick at best anyways, vs 9th overall baseball pick by the As

More money and less chance of head injuries. Can’t say I blame him. 

Cheap Talk likes this

38 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Last I checked, The Cardinals are 3-10, The Panthers are 6-7 and the Bucs are 5-8. So yes, it is based off right now. How is that 'predicting the future'. Over the course of the next 3 weeks they will win/lose 3 games each as will every other team we have played previously. You are either confused or misunderstood what I said.

ESPN's snapshot is based on the 13 game schedule played through week 14.

There are still three weeks of games left for every team in the league so all of their records will change.

Tankathon's snap shot is based on a 16 game schedule of which the outcome is undermined.

12 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

ESPN's snapshot is based on the 13 game schedule played through week 14.

There are still three weeks of games left for every team in the league so all of their records will change.

Tankathon's snap shot is based on a 16 game schedule of which the outcome is undermined.

LOL Exactly. As of 13 games in the NFL season our entire schedule is the lowest SOS of all top 10 teams. It is not 'predicting' anything. It's not like its marking down wins and losses in the future and taking a guess on what teams SOS will be. Its listing every teams SOS for the entire year as of right now. Will it change over the next few weeks? Yes. So will ESPNs. Facts are facts... Our last 3 opponents are 14-25 through 13 games. Could all 3 win out and hurt out SOS? Sure. So could any other team we previous had played on our schedule. I am not sure what is so hard for you to understand. 

23 hours ago, vel said:

I think there is a very real chance he falls beyond #2. Bosa is a lock to go #1 to SF. I think Oakland is picking #2 at this point. Despite lack of defense overall, I don't think Quinnen would be their pick. Their DTs aren't terrible compared to their absolute lack of any kind of edge rusher. I think a guy like Josh Allen could rise very high to #2 and give them Khalil Mack/Von Miller dreams. If not, they can move on from Carr, save another $15MM, putting their cap space close to $95MM. 

We need the #3 pick. Either the Raiders trade back and let somebody move up for the best QB at #2 or they take Quinnen at #2 and we're the best spot to get a QB at #3. But we've seen multiple times now the best DL fall to other needs (Bosa to SD , Leonard Williams to NYJ). Even Trubisky at #2 pushed Soloman Thomas down to #3. Bradley Chubb fell to #5. If we land anywhere beyond #4, I think we miss on Quinnen. Losing on Sunday is the key to all of this. 

The Cardinals are currently slated to pick #2, and every mock I've seen from a credible source has them picking Williams.

Of course, that all changes if we "let them" beat us on Sunday...

5 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

LOL Exactly. As of 13 games in the NFL season our entire schedule is the lowest SOS of all top 10 teams. It is not 'predicting' anything. It's not like its marking down wins and losses in the future and taking a guess on what teams SOS will be. Its listing every teams SOS for the entire year as of right now. Will it change over the next few weeks? Yes. So will ESPNs. Facts are facts... Our last 3 opponents are 14-25 through 13 games. Could all 3 win out and hurt out SOS? Sure. So could any other team we previous had played on our schedule. I am not sure what is so hard for you to understand. 

We haven't played the entire year so if you want to know where we are as of today, we are 5th, based on the games played through week 14. If you're confused just wait three weeks and watch the SOS change and take your snapshot at 7:30pm ET on December 30. In the meantime? Tank on. 

On 12/11/2018 at 0:27 PM, 1989Fan said:

That is the case often, and teams still trade up or take them above better talents...see Trubiski at 2...Mayfield was considered a fringe first rounder before CLE fell in love.

it only takes one desperate team to fall in love...QBs are so (over)valued in the draft.

remember when Mack fell to 5, L Williams fell to around the same spot for the Jets...both were considered the top talent in the draft by some.

This is a terrific post. You're absolutely correct. In addition, with such a deep year for top tier defensive linemen, team needs and grading are less consistent than normal. It wouldn't even surprise me if Bosa fell some based on his medicals. I'm seeing players listed going in the top 3 or as low as 20. As much as any year in recent memory, this draft board is a mess.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

23 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Donald also greatly outperformed what most though his potential was. He was a fringe first rounder going into senior week.

In fact, most sites had him as a 3rd/4th rounder. His two-year TFL stats in college bordered on historic, but "draft experts" barely acknowledged him for most of his career.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We haven't played the entire year so if you want to know where we are as of today, we are 5th, based on the games played through week 14. If you're confused just wait three weeks and watch the SOS change and take your snapshot at 7:30pm ET on December 30. In the meantime? Tank on. 

I guess basic math goes over some peoples head. Last I checked the season does not end in week 14. Last I checked every team has 3 games left on their schedule and when you factor those 3 in WITH THEIR CURRENT RECORDS..We are the lowest. Some teams will win..some will lose. SOS will change for everyone. But apparently this is rocket science for you so I will drop it.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

16 hours ago, tactician said:

Why would he choose Baseball if he is going to be a 1st round pick? He will get more money, more endorsements playing in the NFL then toiling away in the minor leagues. His 5 million dollar signing bonus from the Oakland A's is basically high second round pick money, and it takes a long time to get paid in baseball, like a really long time. He is clearly getting bad advice and needs to tell Boras to get lost.

He'll get famous quicker in the NFL. There's no CTE in baseball, though. And middle relievers get $7 million a year these days. He could easily earn $50 million in baseball and live a healthy life. All he has to do is stay in the bigs for seven years or more. Samardziya is up to $89 million. He's the best recent comparison. Even a bust like Francouer earned $27.6 million. His Plan B was playing wide receiver at Clemson, where he would have been a viable first day NFL prospect, presuming the hype about him was correct.

On 12/11/2018 at 0:40 PM, vel said:

I think there is a very real chance he falls beyond #2. Bosa is a lock to go #1 to SF. I think Oakland is picking #2 at this point. Despite lack of defense overall, I don't think Quinnen would be their pick. Their DTs aren't terrible compared to their absolute lack of any kind of edge rusher. I think a guy like Josh Allen could rise very high to #2 and give them Khalil Mack/Von Miller dreams. If not, they can move on from Carr, save another $15MM, putting their cap space close to $95MM. 

We need the #3 pick. Either the Raiders trade back and let somebody move up for the best QB at #2 or they take Quinnen at #2 and we're the best spot to get a QB at #3. But we've seen multiple times now the best DL fall to other needs (Bosa to SD , Leonard Williams to NYJ). Even Trubisky at #2 pushed Soloman Thomas down to #3. Bradley Chubb fell to #5. If we land anywhere beyond #4, I think we miss on Quinnen. Losing on Sunday is the key to all of this. 

Raiders will trade back to.a team wanting williams

On 12/11/2018 at 0:43 PM, Atlantafan21 said:

So you’re telling me that Jon Gruden got rid of Khalil Mack to try and draft Khalil Mack? Interesting strategy.....

Not wanting to be handicapped could make this a possibility. If course it's a stupid decisiona

13 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I guess basic math goes over some peoples head. Last I checked the season does not end in week 14. Last I checked every team has 3 games left on their schedule and when you factor those 3 in WITH THEIR CURRENT RECORDS..We are the lowest. Some teams will win..some will lose. SOS will change for everyone. But apparently this is rocket science for you so I will drop it.

If you're trying to figure out where we stand as of today why would you factor in future games?

18 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Dimi would gladly give up a first and second to move up for a need pick, when there will likely end up being a better player available later.

19 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Will be pulling very hard for Arizona, having a big tank party come Sunday. 

Majority of sites have us drafting 4th overall. McShay has us at 5th overall. ESPN has us 5th. None of these are official yet so all of these draft orders can be labeled as projections. People having aneurysms over the name of a mock draft website are morons. 

1 hour ago, virginiafalcon said:

The Cardinals are currently slated to pick #2, and every mock I've seen from a credible source has them picking Williams.

Of course, that all changes if we "let them" beat us on Sunday...

That's why I'm all for a loss Sunday. It's the difference between Quinnen and who knows who. Same thing when I wanted Mack and we went and beat Buffalo and Washington. Like those wins matter right now...

Knight of God likes this

On 12/11/2018 at 0:16 PM, D.B.N. said:

ATL.png4. Atlanta Falcons 

Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama. By the time it's said and done, Williams might be considered the best prospect in this draft class. He's had a monster season at Alabama and the Falcons' defense has been one huge gaping hole for opposing offenses to run or throw through

I would love that pick!! Get proven vet OL in FACY!!! that is the only way to go IMO.

10 hours ago, jidady said:

He'll get famous quicker in the NFL. There's no CTE in baseball, though. And middle relievers get $7 million a year these days. He could easily earn $50 million in baseball and live a healthy life. All he has to do is stay in the bigs for seven years or more. Samardziya is up to $89 million. He's the best recent comparison. Even a bust like Francouer earned $27.6 million. His Plan B was playing wide receiver at Clemson, where he would have been a viable first day NFL prospect, presuming the hype about him was correct.

You realize he has to play three years in the minors and then another 3 to 4 years in the bigs before he can even get to arbitration. Most people cant even name a single player on the Oakland A's. How could you pass up the chance to be an iconic franchise QB? They are the most celebrated athletes in all off American sports.