Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D.B.N.

CBS Sports mock

94 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

yeah but there is no worthy candidates this year - and, unlike the past - there are a lot of good up-and-coming QBs in the league right now - not as many teams need QBs as most years.

The two biggest contenders are Jacksonville and the Giants. After that you have to think about Denver, Washington if Alex Smith's career is over, and Tampa if they move on from Winston. 

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

So you’re telling me that Jon Gruden got rid of Khalil Mack to try and draft Khalil Mack? Interesting strategy.....

Lol I'm telling you Jon Gruden is an idiot but anybody looking at that roster sees they need edge rushers and LBs before DTs. He didn't want to pay Mack. I think the new GM empties the clip to chase some edge rushers/DL in FA so they don't have to rely on rookies. 

Sidecar Falcon likes this

24 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

The two biggest contenders are Jacksonville and the Giants. After that you have to think about Denver, Washington if Alex Smith's career is over, and Tampa if they move on from Winston. 

yeah but that is about half as many as normal.   Also, if Tampa moves on from Winston, one of the other teams will take him.

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

No way he falls below #2. He's easily the best player not named Bosa.

It could happen with Oakland and AZ picking 2nd and 3rd. He won't get past the Jets or Buffalo most likely though, so we need to hope we pick before them. I still see us winning at least one more, which would really put us out of contention for the Q Will sweepstakes.

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

QB needy teams may jump up.

I've seen too many times when the best rated DT drops out of the top 5 because of things like that and other crazy stuff that happens in the draft.... teams desperate for an OL... guys shooting up boards because of combine and pro day work outs...

Aka vita vea

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

It could happen with Oakland and AZ picking 2nd and 3rd. He won't get past the Jets or Buffalo most likely though, so we need to hope we pick before them. I still see us winning at least one more, which would really put us out of contention for the Q Will sweepstakes.

Agreed.  Arizona is awful, so there is at least one win there...

I don't think that Williams is the right fit for what we need.  We need a 1 technique.  Williams is a 3 or a 5 technique.  We already have a pair of guys who fit that 3 or 5 technique.  (Unless you are ready to let Jarrett walk...

8 minutes ago, robertap said:

I don't think that Williams is the right fit for what we need.  We need a 1 technique.  Williams is a 3 or a 5 technique.  We already have a pair of guys who fit that 3 or 5 technique.  (Unless you are ready to let Jarrett walk...

I believe we need a 1T, 3T and 5T. Plus a RT and two OGs. I think we should try to get most of them in free agency. I'm tired of trying to fill gaping holes with rookies and expecting them to be up to speed in year one or two. That's been a poor strategy for over a decade. Draft for the future. Go BPA in every round. Don't fall in the needs trap.

PokerSteve likes this

5 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

None of the QBs in this class are worth a top 5 pick. Probably not even worth a top 10 pick.

Mahomes, Watson, Goff, Wentz, Mayfield, Trubisky were all thought to not be worth a top 5 pick around this time. Their success will inevitably make the top of the draft more valuable.

1989Fan likes this

6 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

None of the QBs in this class are worth a top 5 pick. Probably not even worth a top 10 pick.

Is Kyler Murray not in the draft ?

3 hours ago, robertap said:

Oh that would just be ugly. Who is an ideal 1T? That's a big NT right? 

2 hours ago, Eazy123 said:

Is Kyler Murray not in the draft ?

Why would he choose Baseball if he is going to be a 1st round pick? He will get more money, more endorsements playing in the NFL then toiling away in the minor leagues. His 5 million dollar signing bonus from the Oakland A's is basically high second round pick money, and it takes a long time to get paid in baseball, like a really long time. He is clearly getting bad advice and needs to tell Boras to get lost.

3 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Oh that would just be ugly. Who is an ideal 1T? That's a big NT right? 

1 technique is a 4-3 nose tackle.  Not quite the same as a 3-4 NT, but yeah, they're typically bigger guys that can occupy one or more blockers.

Our current roster is mostly 3 or 5 technique guys, who are generally smaller.  Their purpose is to shoot gaps and cause disruption.  With all of the speed that we have on defense, it would be ideal to have some DT's who can occupy blockers, allowing our LB's and safeties to make plays.

11 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Not to mention the picks before us would most likely go defense before QB. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

13 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Haskins is not coming back to Ohio st he’s def a top 10 Pick..he’ll be the first qb to go.

Edited by Macknsweetjones

11 hours ago, tactician said:

Why would he choose Baseball if he is going to be a 1st round pick? He will get more money, more endorsements playing in the NFL then toiling away in the minor leagues. His 5 million dollar signing bonus from the Oakland A's is basically high second round pick money, and it takes a long time to get paid in baseball, like a really long time. He is clearly getting bad advice and needs to tell Boras to get lost.

Exactly. I’m thinking he played this season to have a chance at the NFL. He’s made a **** good case. I, personally, think the kid would be a special NFL QB.

14 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I believe we need a 1T, 3T and 5T. Plus a RT and two OGs. I think we should try to get most of them in free agency. I'm tired of trying to fill gaping holes with rookies and expecting them to be up to speed in year one or two. That's been a poor strategy for over a decade. Draft for the future. Go BPA in every round. Don't fall in the needs trap.

I agree.  Free agency to address needs.  I hope that there are a few OG's that represent good young upgrades to what we have.  I would sign at least one.  

The draft should go with BPA.  That could mean a DT, Edge or CB......I don't know.  

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

19 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

That is the case often, and teams still trade up or take them above better talents...see Trubiski at 2...Mayfield was considered a fringe first rounder before CLE fell in love.

it only takes one desperate team to fall in love...QBs are so (over)valued in the draft.

remember when Mack fell to 5, L Williams fell to around the same spot for the Jets...both were considered the top talent in the draft by some.

The top two picks right now are the 49ers and Raiders. I think we wind up with the 3rd overall pick. I think 49ers go Bosa and Raiders may go defense. This could be one of the top DTs in the draft. I think they also could trade back and get more picks.

This years QB class isn’t as good as last years. Multiple pundits said that if Herbert were apart of previous years class, they would have rated him before Jackson. I do agree with the fact that everything could change and that teams do fall in love with players.

We need the Raiders to trade back to a team that needs a QB. Carr may be gone this season but Gruden has issues with young QBs so I doubt they go with one in the draft. He also needs to make Raiders fans forget that they traded Mack. The best way to do that is by drafting another defensive freak, which would be Williams.