Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D.B.N.

CBS Sports mock

94 posts in this topic

Prefer his counterpart Raekwon, whom I think has really given Williams the 1o1 needed to dominate....need to see testing. He’s playing at 285 I’m scout circles, so maybe underdized for our scheme unless moved outside, which I don’t think he has the athleticism to do

Flying Falcon likes this

7 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

No way he falls below #2. He's easily the best player not named Bosa.

QBs change all of that...almost every year

wouldnt surprise me at all to see Gruden get ‘his’ QB early with what he has done and the smoke around him not being in love w Carr.

then there are the trade ups.

yep, no way does Quinnen make it to #4.   He is probably the #2 player off the board.  Falcons would probably have to give up their 2nd rounder to move up to #4.

6 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

None of the QBs in this class are worth a top 5 pick. Probably not even worth a top 10 pick.

That is the case often, and teams still trade up or take them above better talents...see Trubiski at 2...Mayfield was considered a fringe first rounder before CLE fell in love.

it only takes one desperate team to fall in love...QBs are so (over)valued in the draft.

remember when Mack fell to 5, L Williams fell to around the same spot for the Jets...both were considered the top talent in the draft by some.

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

That is the case often, and teams still trade up or take them above better talents...see Trubiski...Mayfield was considered a fringe first rounder before CLE fell in love.

it only takes one desperate team to fall in love...QBs are so (over)valued in the draft.

remember when Mack fell to 5, L Williams fell to around the same spot for the Jets...both were considered the top talent in the draft by some.

While I agree with the direction of the post, This is the worst QB draft since 2011. Cam went #1 but all the other QBs were complete garbage and teams reached for them and to no ones surprise they all busted. The QBs in this draft are fringe top 10 picks at best which is where most teams that need a QB sit. I just don't see any of them going top 5.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

15 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

No way he falls below #2. He's easily the best player not named Bosa.

I think there is a very real chance he falls beyond #2. Bosa is a lock to go #1 to SF. I think Oakland is picking #2 at this point. Despite lack of defense overall, I don't think Quinnen would be their pick. Their DTs aren't terrible compared to their absolute lack of any kind of edge rusher. I think a guy like Josh Allen could rise very high to #2 and give them Khalil Mack/Von Miller dreams. If not, they can move on from Carr, save another $15MM, putting their cap space close to $95MM. 

We need the #3 pick. Either the Raiders trade back and let somebody move up for the best QB at #2 or they take Quinnen at #2 and we're the best spot to get a QB at #3. But we've seen multiple times now the best DL fall to other needs (Bosa to SD , Leonard Williams to NYJ). Even Trubisky at #2 pushed Soloman Thomas down to #3. Bradley Chubb fell to #5. If we land anywhere beyond #4, I think we miss on Quinnen. Losing on Sunday is the key to all of this. 

JDaveG, vitaman, PokerSteve and 1 other like this

12 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yep, no way does Quinnen make it to #4.   He is probably the #2 player off the board.  Falcons would probably have to give up their 2nd rounder to move up to #4.

QB needy teams may jump up.

I've seen too many times when the best rated DT drops out of the top 5 because of things like that and other crazy stuff that happens in the draft.... teams desperate for an OL... guys shooting up boards because of combine and pro day work outs...

2 minutes ago, vel said:

I think there is a very real chance he falls beyond #2. Bosa is a lock to go #1 to SF. I think Oakland is picking #2 at this point. Despite lack of defense overall, I don't think Quinnen would be their pick. Their DTs aren't terrible compared to their absolute lack of any kind of edge rusher. I think a guy like Josh Allen could rise very high to #2 and give them Khalil Mack/Von Miller dreams. If not, they can move on from Carr, save another $15MM, putting their cap space close to $95MM. 

We need the #3 pick. Either the Raiders trade back and let somebody move up for the best QB at #2 or they take Quinnen at #2 and we're the best spot to get a QB at #3. But we've seen multiple times now the best DL fall to other needs (Bosa to SD , Leonard Williams to NYJ). Even Trubisky at #2 pushed Soloman Thomas down to #3. Bradley Chubb fell to #5. If we land anywhere beyond #4, I think we miss on Quinnen. Losing on Sunday is the key to all of this. 

So you’re telling me that Jon Gruden got rid of Khalil Mack to try and draft Khalil Mack? Interesting strategy.....

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

So you’re telling me that Jon Gruden got rid of Khalil Mack to try and draft Khalil Mack? Interesting strategy.....

They also traded Cooper only to now need to draft a WR. :lol:

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

While I agree with the direction of the post, This is the worst QB draft since 2011. Cam went #1 but all the other QBs were complete garbage and teams reached for them and to no ones surprise they all busted. The QBs in this draft are fringe top 10 picks at best which is where most teams that need a QB sit. I just don't see any of them going top 5.

Totally get what your saying. But the 2017 draft is similar. Not being jaded by how good they have become, everyone’s opinion was the 17 class was really bad and Trubisky had some talent but too raw and not a safe pick, Maholmes had a big arm but was a system guy and had mixed review (drafted 10th). Neither were sure fire to 5 or even 10 guys.

same was said about Wentz coming out of a small school and going #2. 

Heck, look at us taking Ryan when dorsey was the can’t mis prospect. Ryan was consider a reach by many because he didn’t have a lot of signature wins and threw too many picks in college trying to make things happen.

A lot of QBs we call reaches this time of year but the pro teams take their chances due to a desperate team in need and the value of the position. It only takes one QB and one team to fall in love to push a guy down since we will pick top 5. NYJ and JAX could both be that team, especially in a trade up situation. Who knows what chucky would do there also.

10 minutes ago, vel said:

Also, Denzel Ward just went #4 overall and has mostly shown to be worth it. Greedy Williams could have a killer Combine and move into the top 5. 

ATLSlobberKnockers and vel like this

34 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Prefer his counterpart Raekwon, whom I think has really given Williams the 1o1 needed to dominate....need to see testing. He’s playing at 285 I’m scout circles, so maybe underdized for our scheme unless moved outside, which I don’t think he has the athleticism to do

No way.

29 minutes ago, octoslash said:

He is not lasting to 4.

Stranger things have happened. See: Leonard Williams, Khalil Mack, Bradley Chubb, etc. He could easily be at 4. If not, Simmons will be. Wouldn't hate a very short trade down if Williams isn't there and we think Simmons will slip though.

Cole World and Summerhill like this

41 minutes ago, ParanoidAndroid said:

12 guys were taken before Aaron Donald. Just saying.

Donald also greatly outperformed what most though his potential was. He was a fringe first rounder going into senior week.

20 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Donald also greatly outperformed what most though his potential was. He was a fringe first rounder going into senior week.

Donald is the Charles Barkley of the NFL. He's 6'1" 285 lbs but plays like players 20-30 lbs bigger than him. He's one of a kind. 

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

QB needy teams may jump up.

I've seen too many times when the best rated DT drops out of the top 5 because of things like that and other crazy stuff that happens in the draft.... teams desperate for an OL... guys shooting up boards because of combine and pro day work outs...

yeah but there is no worthy candidates this year - and, unlike the past - there are a lot of good up-and-coming QBs in the league right now - not as many teams need QBs as most years.

Look at SanFran, Arizona, Cleveland and NY Jets for instance - those four teams have needed QBs for many years - none do now.   Justin Herbert and Drew Lock are thought to be the best QBs in this class and those guys are not top 10 worthy - certainly not top 5 worthy.  I really don't think you will see a QB in the top 5 this year.   Hope I'm wrong but don't see it.