Vikings FO has more balls than we do

Gee-Q

What does Sark have to do with Matt Ryan being under pressure all game long? Does he play offensive line? Does he tell Tevin Coleman to run sideways and lose more yards than he gains? Does he tell Julio and Ridley to cover their hands in butter and drop 3 passes a game each? Does he play or coach the defense that allows 150+ yards rushing nearly every game and can't stay within 5 yards of a WR? Does he sign players and is responsible for the depth on the roster? Did he cripple some of our star players?

Do I need to continue? Sark is a part of the problem but he is nowhere close to being the only issue.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

2 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Stupid move.    The problem is cousins. Not the oc.      That's the same team as last year with cook healthy

Cousins is having a pretty good year. They have the 8th best passing game and he has a 98.4 rating. They don't have a run game #30. Though having the #32 run game isn't enough to get rid of an OC.

Just now, PensacolaFalcon said:

Jesus that sounds really familiar .... 

Falcons are #4 passing offense. The Vikes are #8

Falcons are #32 rushing offense. The Vikes are #30

Last year both teams were playoff teams with #15 or better rushing offenses. Both lost their top rusher this year. Freeman to injury and Murray to underperformance. 

Both could bounce back next year.

5 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

What does Sark have to do with Matt Ryan being under pressure all game long? Does he play offensive line? Does he tell Tevin Coleman to run sideways and lose more yards than he gains? Does he tell Julio and Ridley to cover their hands in butter and drop 3 passes a game each? Does he play or coach the defense that allows 150+ yards rushing nearly every game and can't stay within 5 yards of a WR? Does he sign players and is responsible for the depth on the roster? Did he cripple some of our star players?

Do I need to continue? Sark is a part of the problem but he is nowhere close to being the only issue.

Common problem.  When you can't block don't call long developing passing plays. (they don't work).  Koetter seemed to figure this out pretty quickly.

He's not the only problem but like you said he's part of it.  Should they keep trying to get blood from a turnip?  Or should they have done something last offseason like bring in an OC with extensive NFL experience that will be available this offseason?

Should they hope next year will be the one where the light goes off?  This season showed Sark has problems adjusting when things aren't working.

As the season has progressed the offense has gotten worse.  This is a problem.  A fairly significant one.

8 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Stupid move.    The problem is cousins. Not the oc.      That's the same team as last year with cook healthy

I have to agree with you. Cousin's problems now are the same as in D.C..... He checks the ball down way too much, afraid to take downfield shots. It's almost like he's not confident in his throws.

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Common problem.  When you can't block don't call long developing passing plays. (they don't work).  Koetter seemed to figure this out pretty quickly.

He's not the only problem but like you said he's part of it.  Should they keep trying to get blood from a turnip?  Or should they have done something last offseason like bring in an OC with extensive NFL experience that will be available this offseason?

Should they hope next year will be the one where the light goes off?  This season showed Sark has problems adjusting when things aren't working.

As the season has progressed the offense has gotten worse.  This is a problem.  A fairly significant one.

I thought he should have been gone last offseason but I have no issue with them giving Sark a 2nd season as I understand the reasoning. If they did not give Shanny a 2nd year the 2016 offense never happens.

Firing him now changes nothing. Just do it at the end of the year. Vikings are fighting for a playoff spot thus the need to not wait. Our season is over with our without Sark and right now firing him would not make this team any better. 

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Cousins is having a pretty good year. They have the 8th best passing game and he has a 98.4 rating. They don't have a run game #30. Though having the #32 run game isn't enough to get rid of an OC.

Those stats are from the first 7 games.    Cousins stats have always been good but he chokes and doesnt win big games.  

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I thought he should have been gone last offseason but I have no issue with them giving Sark a 2nd season as I understand the reasoning. If they did not give Shanny a 2nd year the 2016 offense never happens.

Firing him now changes nothing. Just do it at the end of the year. Vikings are fighting for a playoff spot thus the need to not wait. Our season is over with our without Sark and right now firing him would not make this team any better. 

Oh yeah.

This season is f'ed no matter how you slice it.

But if they're starting practice squad guys on the oline why don't do the same thing with coaches?  Let Knapp run the offense for the last 3 games and let's see what happens.

Yall really want brash decisions from Blank. This is why DeFilippo got fired:

DeFilippo came under fire in recent weeks when head coach Mike Zimmer called his offensive approach into question. 

"Same thing I have been saying all year [about wanting to run the ball more]," Zimmer said after a 24-10 loss to the New England Patriots in Week 13, per the Minneapolis Star Tribune's Andrew Krammer

An understanding of situational football is important, but the Vikings have talented backs in Dalvin Cook and Latavius Murray. And they are not properly using either. The pair combined for 29 carries over the last two contests, and the Vikings scored 17 total points against the Patriots and Seahawks. 

DeFilippo discussed Zimmer's desire to run the ball more prior to Monday's contest, per Fox Sports North:

"I went back and self-scouted myself. There were two or three instances where we threw the football [against the Patriots], like on that first-and-10 from around the 26, that we probably should've run the football. I made that aware to him [Coach Zimmer] and my thoughts on that. It's just like anybody, I look to go out each week and improve myself. You're always self-evaluating yourself and looking for ways to get better."

Yet poor sequential play-calling continued. Once the Vikings finally established even a slight hint of rhythm, decision-making led to setbacks. In the third quarter, on 4th-and-1 from the 40-yard line, the Vikings attempted to slam Murray behind the offensive interior, only to be rebuffed because of a stacked box. The play never really had a chance because the Vikings didn't spread the field. DeFilippo called a heavy formation, which provided the Seahawks with an advantage."

The Vikings are currently hanging on by a threat to the 6th seed. Keeping DeFilippo puts that in jeopardy. It makes sense to make a change to a coach who Zimmer thinks can actually do what he says (OH WOW! A HC WHO LETS HIS OC BE HIS OWN COACH?!). This is a lost season so firing Sark now does a bunch of nothing, given he's possibly gone this offseason anyway. 

1 minute ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Those stats are from the first 7 games.    Cousins stats have always been good but he chokes and doesnt win big games.  

370-524-70.6-3698-24-9-98.4-61.1

Guys have won MVPs with worse numbers. He's having a good run this year. Their run game and 3rd down and RZ offense are hurting them.

2 minutes ago, vel said:

Yall really want brash decisions from Blank. This is why DeFilippo got fired:

DeFilippo came under fire in recent weeks when head coach Mike Zimmer called his offensive approach into question. 

"Same thing I have been saying all year [about wanting to run the ball more]," Zimmer said after a 24-10 loss to the New England Patriots in Week 13, per the Minneapolis Star Tribune's Andrew Krammer

An understanding of situational football is important, but the Vikings have talented backs in Dalvin Cook and Latavius Murray. And they are not properly using either. The pair combined for 29 carries over the last two contests, and the Vikings scored 17 total points against the Patriots and Seahawks. 

DeFilippo discussed Zimmer's desire to run the ball more prior to Monday's contest, per Fox Sports North:

"I went back and self-scouted myself. There were two or three instances where we threw the football [against the Patriots], like on that first-and-10 from around the 26, that we probably should've run the football. I made that aware to him [Coach Zimmer] and my thoughts on that. It's just like anybody, I look to go out each week and improve myself. You're always self-evaluating yourself and looking for ways to get better."

Yet poor sequential play-calling continued. Once the Vikings finally established even a slight hint of rhythm, decision-making led to setbacks. In the third quarter, on 4th-and-1 from the 40-yard line, the Vikings attempted to slam Murray behind the offensive interior, only to be rebuffed because of a stacked box. The play never really had a chance because the Vikings didn't spread the field. DeFilippo called a heavy formation, which provided the Seahawks with an advantage."

The Vikings are currently hanging on by a threat to the 6th seed. Keeping DeFilippo puts that in jeopardy. It makes sense to make a change to a coach who Zimmer thinks can actually do what he says (OH WOW! A HC WHO LETS HIS OC BE HIS OWN COACH?!). This is a lost season so firing Sark now does a bunch of nothing, given he's possibly gone this offseason anyway. 

Boy that all looks familiar.

3 minutes ago, 10_bartkowski said:

Vikings will still make the playoffs.

Probably face and beat Seattle too.

Only way Seattle and Minnesota play in the playoffs is if both make it to the NFC Championship game. I do agree Minnesota will be the #6 seed. Only team that might knock them out the spot is Philly. Redskins and Panthers are done.

37 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

My thoughts exactly. OP praises them for making changes but, they threw away a QB that got them to the NFCG last year. I don't think Cousins is a scrub but, you just don't do that, you leave with who brought you.