#2 Overall Pick

PriMeTiiMe

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there the requisite, "ONCE IN A GENERATION" players out there?  For sure, we'll be in the game for them now.  Perhaps the "OIAG" players are in the DL, so one of Williams, Brown, Oliver, Simmons could be the 5 stars.  And we'll have one of them. 

The OL is weak this year, so not sure there's a GENERATIONAL OL out there - Taylor or Little, I guess.

Edited by Maltese Falcon

2 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

Looking at the way we performed the last two weeks, I believe we could give the niners a good run for the number #1 pick. 

Can't we challenge them to a one-game Suckbowl Championship for the #1 draft pick? It would in all probability draw dozens of people to MBS, which is way more than will show up for the Cardinals game Sunday.  :ninja:

2 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

Looking at the way we performed the last two weeks, I believe we could give the niners a good run for the number #1 pick. 

I'd say I agree with that since they have coach scamahan. You KNOW he can find a way to lose it in the final quarter....seems fitting we discuss this in the final quarter of the season

59 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

49ers are picking Bosa most certainly, so Ed Oliver or Quinnen pls 

Not sold on either of those guys as Top 3 picks. Oliver has played deceptively under weight at about 270-275 pounds, which means I don’t know where he fits? Williams has had the benefit of teams gsmeplanning in the early part of the season for Raekwon, who I think as a DT at the NFL level, will be a better player. Again, Williams has played around 285-290, so not sure where that fits with us?

I think we are more in line with Raekwon’s game...I’d be fine dropping back 5-8 spots to get him and acquiring an extra 2nd rounder in a deep DL draft...look for a team wanting Top QB, DEN, JAX, NYG, CIN, TEN, WAS, TB may all finish with better records than us, and could be interested in a Top QB

56 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Can't we challenge them to a one-game Suckbowl Championship for the #1 draft pick? It would in all probability draw dozens of people to MBS, which is way more than will show up for the Cardinals game Sunday.  :ninja:

Just lie and tell people its the championship party for United and that place will have every seat filled.

3 hours ago, Lornoth said:

We'll sweep our last three games, just to annoy those hanging their hats on our draft pick.

Yeppers, the goal is that once the season is screwed beyond repair, the fanbase is totally demoralized and now that the only thing to get excited about is a high draft pick - Yeah, let's destroy that for the fans as well - LOL.

22 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeppers, the goal is that once the season is screwed beyond repair, the fanbase is totally demoralized and now that the only thing to get excited about is a high draft pick - Yeah, let's destroy that for the fans as well - LOL.

FALCON NATION ~ Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Trans: Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here  :ninja:

4 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

If we continue this massive suck fest and lose to the Cardinals while the Raiders beat the Bengals with a backup QB then we would move into the #2 spot behind only the 49ers.

The 49ers are pretty much a lock at #1 with their final games being against the Seahawks, Bears and Rams.

Top picks don’t mean anything when you have a sorry coach

2 hours ago, runshoot said:

Well, all the BPA people wanted BPA, low and below we went BPA with Calvin Ridley instead of DL or OL where the need was.

To be more precise, the perceived 'need' at OL and DL were the result of not taking BPA in many situations prior to 2018. It should be noted that perennial MVP candidate Todd Gurley (drafted Beasley as a need) would be lining up on Sundays here in Atlanta had they taken BPA.

As would guys like Clay Matthews (drafted Jerry as a need), a back-in-the-day Dez Bryant (drafted Weatherspoon as a need), and we'd have tons of draft picks that wouldn't have been thrown out the window to get... a WR, which prevented us from taking another BPA at his position Donte Hightower, or a BPA guard Decastro the following year.  Heck, the year they got Julio, we did that trade rather than work the lines with BPAs like Cam Heyward and Wilkerson.

We traded up for Trufant when we could've taken Darius Slay, who was every bit the CB talent that Trufant was. Or, more importantly after we tossed Todd McClure, we could've fixed our Center position with Fredrick who was also a BPA at his position. 

Outside of having the ineptitude of Miami and St Louis cause Matt Ryan to fall in our laps, TDs tenure is a monument to the bad things that happen when you don't draft the BPA.