Do you root for the team,or a certain player?

falconfan5832

As a long time fan,I watched/listened to a lot of Falcon games.But I want what best for the TEAM,even if it means firing the O/D coordinators,firing the HC/GM,or cutting /trading certain players.The only exception would be MR,where would you get a QB that plays like him?Hopefully AB will make decisions that are best for the TEAM.

33 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Always root for the team first. I knew a guy once that became a super fan of whatever team Randy Moss was on. Dude was all in with Vikings gear, then gave it all away for Raiders gear....then the Patriots....then Vikings again etc etc. lol

I know Vick fans who did the same. Some of the left over Eagles fans are still here trolling.

I root for the team.  Hands down.  Once a player leaves he is just another dude.  And while I love the players on my team, I’m finding it difficult to root for the coaches (still like Quinn though).

Being a fan is odd.  I love UGA....players like Atkins, AJ, Gurley were such a big part of my UGA experience.  One would assume I would always follow them.  But once they are drafted, unless the Falcons are the team, I lose interest. 

2 hours ago, falconfan5832 said:

As a long time fan,I watched/listened to a lot of Falcon games.But I want what best for the TEAM,even if it means firing the O/D coordinators,firing the HC/GM,or cutting /trading certain players.The only exception would be MR,where would you get a QB that plays like him?Hopefully AB will make decisions that are best for the TEAM.

This isn't the NBA bro. Most NFL fans are fans of their teams, except those stuck on Vick.

Team first, always. 

However, I have found myself, in recent years, coming to the defense of Matt Ryan.  This probably makes it seem to some people that I'm a Matt Ryan fan, and not an Atlanta Falcons fan, but I've been a fan since 1992.  As a football fan of 35+ years, and after cheering for this cursed franchise for 26 years, I feel that a good portion of this fan base does not appreciate what they have in this QB, and I find myself obliged to come to his defense when the opportunity presents itself.

Prior to being a Falcons fan, I was a Chicago Bears fan.  (originally from Chicago)  I was a fan of the Bears during the historic 1985 season, and I have a copy of the Superbowl Shuffle LP.  However, I started cheering for the home team after a few years of being down here.  I would love to see the Falcons win a Superbowl, and I felt robbed after the Superbowl LI fiasco.

3 hours ago, falconfan5832 said:

I root for both.   The players success = the teams success.

I would never root for the failure of any player wearing the Falcon uniform - because his failure is our failure.

I am a Falcon fan - I will always be a Falcon fan - and as long as a player is wearing the uniform of the Falcons - I am a fan of that player.

I have had favorites through the years and will in the future but I root for every player on the team.

9 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I followed number 21 also.  Deion HIGHSTEPPED FASTER than other players ran.  

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

As a young boy growing up in the 80's in Wyoming this was the guy that brought me to the Falcons.  I still have my favorite players but I'm definitely a "Team First" guy.