Seahawks In Seattle

Falconsfan567

I will never understand how the NFL is rigged in favor of the Seahawks for every single game in Seattle!! Downright amazing how every game something fishy happens in Seattle and they get the benefit of the call. Once again the Seahawks get to play by a different set of rules for their home games than other teams. This is clearly a leverage penalty. They threw the flag and then picked it up.

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I will never understand how the NFL is rigged in favor of the Seahawks for every single game in Seattle!! Downright amazing how every game something fishy happens in Seattle and they get the benefit of the call. Once again the Seahawks get to play by a different set of rules for their home games than other teams. This is clearly a leverage penalty. They threw the flag and then picked it up.

Textbook leaping penalty. Easy call that they initially MADE. Crazy. 

There were a lot of bad calls that went against the Vikings or more obvious were those being called, yet they were mum when Seattle did the same thing or worse. That long pass that was caught over a defender was actually PI too. It didn't matter because he caught it, but the one Seattle threw out of bounds was more borderline than that no call. And it wasn't catchable to begin with. We know from experience, you'll never get a PI call against Seattle in Seattle.

25 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

At least we don’t have former players officiating our games unlike y’all. When former Saints players start officiating Saints games, then you can talk. Until then, don’t want to hear it.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. You have to tell me which specific former players are officiating the games. This could vary across NFL referee crews. It's not like it's a whole crew of former players from one team. Home cooking matters in the NFL to heavy crowds like Seattle, Dallas or New Orleans. It's an ongoing pattern. 

Edited by mqg96

8 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

There is a double standard by the NFL and Seattle with the missed PI on JJ. However we have put it on them when it matters in the playoffs. 

Just be glad when we played it wasn't in Seattle or we'd been victims of terrible calls 

11 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

There is a double standard by the NFL and Seattle with the missed PI on JJ. However we have put it on them when it matters in the playoffs. 

In Atlanta. Winning in Seattle is extremely hard because as OP pointed out, the refs forget how to referee up there. It's pretty blatant but the NFL seems to turn a blind eye because there's literally a handful of examples in recent memory of teams getting ROBBED because of the refs, us included.

We barely survived the last encounter in Seattle. A great many teams don't, and the refs are a big reason why.

1 minute ago, JerseyNo12 said:

In Atlanta. Winning in Seattle is extremely hard because as OP pointed out, the refs forget how to referee up there. It's pretty blatant but the NFL seems to turn a blind eye because there's literally a handful of examples in recent memory of teams getting ROBBED because of the refs, us included.

We barely survived the last encounter in Seattle. A great many teams don't, and the refs are a big reason why.

agreed.  i recall when they were holding on every defensive play and it never got called.  of course their fans are blind to it.

7 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

At least we don’t have former players officiating our games unlike y’all. When former Saints players start officiating Saints games, then you can talk. Until then, don’t want to hear it.

Bruh, your team was never in 3rd and 40 or had a clear TD overturned.

Blame your coach for getting in the refs face.

4 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

You can clearly see in the video that Wagner had each hand on the shoulders of his teammates. Heckuva play by a great athlete...  but yeah, that's leverage gained, even if only a little.

I feel like Wagner jumped up without using teammates to get his height and then put his hands down on his teammates right as he was about to start coming down...   For the record, I don't either like/dislike the Seahawks (unless we play them).

6 minutes ago, Gee-Q said:

I feel like Wagner jumped up without using teammates to get his height and then put his hands down on his teammates right as he was about to start coming down...   For the record, I don't either like/dislike the Seahawks (unless we play them).

This. He didn't push off with his hands, you can tell. Also 'leaping' isn't a penalty from where he was lined up. You could have called it either way, but it wasn't incorrect to call it the way they did, because the wording of the leverage rule makes it a subjective call.

And, finally, the Vikes wouldn't have won even with the FG because they let the Hawks go right down the field for a TD right afterwards, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

11 hours ago, mqg96 said:

I'm sorry but I'm not buying this. You have to tell me which specific former players are officiating the games. This could vary across NFL referee crews. It's not like it's a whole crew of former players from one team. Home cooking matters in the NFL to heavy crowds like Seattle, Dallas or New Orleans. It's an ongoing pattern. 

You can not buy it all you want, it’s fact.

Phil McKinnely, the down judge on Bill Vinovich’s crew, played for the Falcons from 1976-1980. Here’s a now archived thread from these very boards talking about it...

TATF: This NFL official used to play for the Falcons

Falcons are 4-0 in the last 4 games he’s helped officiate, 3 of which were divisional games (2016 Week 16 Panthers, 2017 Week 14 vs. us, 2017 Week 17 vs. Panthers) and the other was the 2016-17 Divisional playoff game in Atlanta against the very Seahawks this thread is about.

In the game against us last year on TNF, which was officiated by Clete Blakeman’s crew (a crew he isn’t even on), he was “subbed in” last minute for some undisclosed reason. Kinda coincidental the NFL let a former Falcons player officiate not only one, but TWO Falcons games in Atlanta, and against division rivals while the Falcons were in the midst trying to make a playoff push...

4 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Bruh, your team was never in 3rd and 40 or had a clear TD overturned.

Blame your coach for getting in the refs face.

Bruh, your team was never the subject of a witch hunt of Biblical proportions despite every single shred of evidence being either highly questionable or proven false through statistics and first hand testimony from those allegedly targeted.

Just sit down, pal. :lol:

3 hours ago, Lornoth said:

This. He didn't push off with his hands, you can tell. Also 'leaping' isn't a penalty from where he was lined up. You could have called it either way, but it wasn't incorrect to call it the way they did, because the wording of the leverage rule makes it a subjective call.

And, finally, the Vikes wouldn't have won even with the FG because they let the Hawks go right down the field for a TD right afterwards, so it doesn't really matter anyway.

Actually, it's in the rules that it's clear cut and should have been a penalty.

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

You can not buy it all you want, it’s fact.

Phil McKinnely, the down judge on Bill Vinovich’s crew, played for the Falcons from 1976-1980. Here’s a now archived thread from these very boards talking about it...

TATF: This NFL official used to play for the Falcons

Falcons are 4-0 in the last 4 games he’s helped officiate, 3 of which were divisional games (2016 Week 16 Panthers, 2017 Week 14 vs. us, 2017 Week 17 vs. Panthers) and the other was the 2016-17 Divisional playoff game in Atlanta against the very Seahawks this thread is about.

In the game against us last year on TNF, which was officiated by Clete Blakeman’s crew (a crew he isn’t even on), he was “subbed in” last minute for some undisclosed reason. Kinda coincidental the NFL let a former Falcons player officiate not only one, but TWO Falcons games in Atlanta, and against division rivals while the Falcons were in the midst trying to make a playoff push...

Bruh, your team was never the subject of a witch hunt of Biblical proportions despite every single shred of evidence being either highly questionable or proven false through statistics and first hand testimony from those allegedly targeted.

Just sit down, pal. :lol:

Lol, we're talking about on field refereeing, not a league mandated investigation into your team's questionable practices. Nice try with the straw man.