The O.D.B

Kenny Willeke - DE - 6-4. Weight: 260

11 posts in this topic

I'd love to hear what people think about this guy. He looks like a very solid all around football player and is a very high motor guy. Good size length and short quickness. 

datchrisb1 likes this

8.5 sacks looks pretty good. His highlights look pretty good. I'd love to see some of his whole game sequences so you can see what he does when he isn't making a splash play but it looks like the draftniks haven't gotten to him. A lot will depend on his testing. 

27 minutes ago, Summerhill said:

8.5 sacks looks pretty good. His highlights look pretty good. I'd love to see some of his whole game sequences so you can see what he does when he isn't making a splash play but it looks like the draftniks haven't gotten to him. A lot will depend on his testing. 

He has a few VS videos out there and he looked pretty sharp. I watched two and the commentators where saying "Willeke Again" like every 2-3 plays. 

one of the cool things I saw in those vids is if he gets stoned at the line, he keeps fighting to get past and often makes it past in time to catch a RB or QB. 

55 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

He has a few VS videos out there and he looked pretty sharp. I watched two and the commentators where saying "Willeke Again" like every 2-3 plays. 

one of the cool things I saw in those vids is if he gets stoned at the line, he keeps fighting to get past and often makes it past in time to catch a RB or QB. 

Cool I didn’t see any VS videos. I’ll have to look again. 

I saw him early in the season and he was a wrecking ball...  can't remember against which team though.  May have been Michigan. I thought then he looked promising.

13 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

DE #48

He's a fairly linear rusher who goes straight at the tackle without a loop but he uses his arms well to keep the tackles from handling him too easy and while he doesn't show much bend around the edge he can get pretty low for being a tall guy. I have to think he's probably just a strongside DE in the NFL but I like he he often goes against the LT in college. I could see him being a Ray Edwards type 3rd rounder who gets you 5-7 sacks per year if he maximizes what he has. 

On 12/13/2018 at 7:01 PM, datchrisb1 said:

He has a really good short area burst. What round?

Projections are all over right now but, I'm gonna guess early 3rd is the highest he goes, more like late 4th. Could be a good replacement for Shelby or reed depending on what we do this off season.