The Cardinals are next ---

FalconJim

So, the 3-10 Arizona Cardinals are up next, and they were beat by the 5-8 Lions yesterday, 17-3.  

As we all know, when Green Bay lost to the Cards (AT HOME), they fired their coach. 

What if we lose to them, Sunday (AT HOME) --- could/should the same thing happen here?!?!?!  

Thoughts?  

46 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Theres no question of if we must lose....our objective is Top 3 draft pick and the goal must be met.

Bench players must be given lot of reps that will help coaching staff evaluate early for 2019. 

And, then theres no room for error forD.Q and T.D 

2019 = year of ALL IN

Yep...hope this is the sentiment....just kill the cap in future years...Go all in next year

Of course, we thought that shouldve been the case this year with a hoem SB...but 5 injuries took us from SB contender to basement dwellers...which makes me think a new coach is needed, not talent

16 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Cardinals are next to get a win.

One of our many Achilles heel is rookie qbs.

I guarantee Rosen throws for 315+

Yikes!!!  315+ yds.? --- Ya' think?  That would be turrible!

But, you could be right --- lately it's uncanny how we seem to allow rookie QBs and backups to have "career games" against us. 

I feel like saying, I hope it's not this weekend ---- BUT ---- why should we try to win another game?  It would mean absolutely nothing! 

I'm not a big proponent of "tanking", I think it sends the wrong message to your team, but, in this case, it may be the best thing to do --- :tiphat:  

14 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

there is no way we lose to the cardinals

Why?  They have 3 wins, and we only have one more. 

Not to be argumentative, but, I think there's a distinct possibility it COULD happen --- especially, if we're "tanking".  

The real question is, if we lose, what will/should be the ramifications?!?!?!  
Because, I'm pretty sure there will be some... 

Our 3rd Rookie QB this year - do we really want this franchise to lose to another and be the laughing stock of the NFL?

Would any player on this team already really want to return to this team next year if they had a choice?  Would any FA player really want to come to play for this losing team?

50 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Yep...hope this is the sentiment....just kill the cap in future years...Go all in next year

Of course, we thought that shouldve been the case this year with a hoem SB...but 5 injuries took us from SB contender to basement dwellers...which makes me think a new coach is needed, not talent

I consider this year as an anomaly and give D.Q a pass simply because it was too much to overcome.

But, next year there should be NO EXCUSES.

He NOW knows whats is the best case and worst case scenario and MUST be prepared with the hand hes gonna be dealt.

D.Q know should know or should be able to assess which key areas are paramount for December/January games and make decisions accordingly.

1 minute ago, HMFIC said:

Even worse, what if we win ?  Then there is a slim chance that we could beat Carolina and the Bucs.  Then AB would give Quinn Sark and the others another year, as he sits around bouncing his **** Soccer ball and giggling. 

LOL at  "as he sits around, bouncing his **** soccer ball and giggling"!!! 

But yea, I'm thinking we should just lose out, so that some much-needed coaching changes can/will be made ---- not to mention a top 3 draft pick!

The Falcons have absolutely owned the Cardinals when we've been at home. Every even year since 2004 we are undefeated at home vs the Cardinals accept for 2008-09 when we were on the road against the Cardinals in the wildcard playoff game. The Cardinals haven't won in Atlanta since 1993 which was the 2nd year of the Georgia Dome, however, with the way the Falcons have played so far, this may be the Cardinals best chance to ever win in Atlanta in 25 years. This is the 2nd year of Mercedes Benz Stadium let's say. 

28 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

Even worse, what if we win ?  Then there is a slim chance that we could beat Carolina and the Bucs.  Then AB would give Quinn Sark and the others another year, as he sits around bouncing his **** Soccer ball and giggling. 

Nah brah.

Blank will be looking at the trophy then a picture of 28-3.

Then he'll be looking at pictures of the PACKED stadium on United Game Day and then pictures of the clearly half empty stadium on Falcons game days.... then'll he'll look at the PSL cancellation list vs the United season ticket waiting list.

Do people think the United Championship helped Quinn?  If anything it upped the pressure and expectation because Blank knows when you have the right coach great things happen.  Blank had that but then he got hired by the 49ers.

17 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Nah brah.

Blank will be looking at the trophy then a picture of 28-3.

Then he'll be looking at pictures of the PACKED stadium on United Game Day and then pictures of the clearly half empty stadium on Falcons game days.... then'll he'll look at the PSL cancellation list vs the United season ticket waiting list.

Do people think the United Championship helped Quinn?  If anything it upped the pressure and expectation because Blank knows when you have the right coach great things happen.  Blank had that but then he got hired by the 49ers.

I think the United championship showed Blank true fans and how the product on the field should trump making money. United fans come to the game because it's a great team, not because the stadium is cool. The biggest mistake Blank made is trying to maximize what is done in the stadium beyond football. The fans are never in their seats during the game because the reason to be there isn't for the game, it's to admire the stadium. 

The passion for a team and winning is clearly in the city. Blank has to see that and understand that and tap into it. You can see just from this board, there is passion. Yes, it's a small segment of the fanbase, but they said the same about soccer fans in Atlanta. There is no reason to go hard at a Falcons game because it's encourages for corporate and casual fans to come, not die hard fans. 

On 12/10/2018 at 7:25 PM, Ghosts of Glanville said:

I picture us down four with a minute left, and Kazee picks off Rosen, with a clear path to the end zone, and a half-dozen people run out of the stands trying to stop him

”GO OUT OF BOUNDS, DUMMY!!!!”

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!