JerseyNo11

Julio sets another NFL record!

127 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

That was never my claim. I said Ryan was holding Julio back first of all doofus. Why does it matter if AB didnt get 1400 5 straight seasons when he had more yards than anyone in 5 years at one point? That still leads credence to this being a golden age of passing. Julio and Ryan get yards while AB and Ben been getting yards AND Touchdowns. What do you have to say about that?

You are a troll and very stupid.

This season:

Ryan 4076/28 TDs/ 6 int/ 108 rating

Little Ben 4227/28 TDs/13 int/97.4

and this year isn’t an anomaly, ryan’s Been the superior QB over Little Ben for several seasons now. Frankly, he’s been better than Arod as well during that same period.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

This season:

Ryan 4076/28 TDs/ 6 int/ 108 rating

Little Ben 4227/28 TDs/13 int/97.4

Lol Vandy I wasnt arguing in Bens favor compared to Ryan. This guy got off topic and brought up AB so we were just going back and forth.

Vandy likes this

Just now, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Lol Vandy I wasnt arguing in Bens favor compared to Ryan. This guy got off topic and brought up AB so we were just going back and forth.

My bad, sorry. 

I’ve  just been seeing a lot of crazy ‘Ryan sucks’ posts. Thought you may have gone off the deep end jerz! 

2 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Like I said in another thread yards are cute.

He does so much more than just get yards. Despite being the most pressured QB in the league this year, he’s STILL putting up awesome performances. He stands in the pocket with confidence and takes hard hits while throwing those accurate passes, because he knows that’s what’s required from him. 

What exactly is it you want, a cannon for an arm? You think that’s what makes a QB great? I can give you a ton of examples of QBs who are great at throwing the **** out of a ball, but have they been as good as Matt Ryan overall? Absolutely not. You might be able to name a few who are better overall, but I *guarantee* it’s going to be a legendary QB name. Matt Ryan is under appreciated because of people like you who would rather have a “flashy exciting” QB who can either chuck a ball into the stands or can run like a runningback. 

Vandy likes this

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

My bad, sorry. 

I’ve  just been seeing a lot of crazy ‘Ryan sucks’ posts. Thought you may have gone off the deep end jerz! 

I have..

Vandy likes this

14 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

You are saying that Julio is being held back while at the same time he is literally #1 all time yards per game.    No wonder we got off topic.   

Trick Montalban and Vandy like this

10 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

You are saying that Julio is being held back while at the same time he is literally #1 all time yards per game.    No wonder we got off topic.   

You realize him being number 1 in ypg and him being held back is not mutually exclusive right? Yet again you’ve made 10+ post mostly full of ad hominems while saying nothing substantial. Your argument is weak and you constantly avoid points that you cant debunk.

1 minute ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

You realize him being number 1 in ypg and him being held back is not mutually exclusive right? Yet again you’ve made 10+ post mostly full of ad hominems while saying nothing substantial. Your argument is weak and you constantly avoid points that you cant debunk.

that means your entire point is pure speculation based on zero evidence to back it up.   

Its like saying Walter Payton was held back by his offensive line.

Trick Montalban likes this

3 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Jerry Rice was held back by Joe Montana.   Who knows how great he could have been if he had been with Marino!!!

Trick Montalban, 1989Fan and Vandy like this

2 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

that means your entire point is pure speculation based on zero evidence to back it up.   Its like saying Walter Payton was held back by his offensive line.

Sure its nothing wrong with speculation. Video evidence of Ryans duck passes are clearly on film. Kind of like saying Quinns coaching is holding this squad of players back which is pure speculation as well. Nice try.

9 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Sure its nothing wrong with speculation. Video evidence of Ryans duck passes are clearly on film. Kind of like saying Quinns coaching is holding this squad of players back which is pure speculation as well. Nice try.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morning-football/0ap3000000931939/Dan-Orlovsky-Matt-Ryan-throws-the-prettiest-deep-ball-in-the-NFL

10 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-the-nfls-10-best-deep-passers-this-season

1. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

Matt Ryan focused on improving his deep ball this past offseason, and it’s paid off in a big way. He sits among the top NFL quarterbacks in every major deep-ball category, is the current leader in deep-passing yards, with 721, and is tied for first in deep-passing TDs, at seven. Ryan’s 58.8 adjusted completion percentage on deep throws puts him at fifth in that regard, and his 140.3 quarterback rating on deep passes is second only to Tom Brady.

The chemistry between Matt Ryan and Julio Jones has consistently been there, as Jones is responsible for 39 percent of Ryan’s deep-passing yards. Ryan has yet to throw an interception on passes over 20 yards, and has been particularly impressive between the numbers, where he is 7-of-10 for 228 yards and three TDs, recording a 152.1 passer rating. Kyle Shanahan boasts some of the best play-action deep-throw concepts in the NFL, and seems to find the perfect route combinations week after week to attack the opponent, and Ryan is connecting.

Vandy likes this

11 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Did you find a picture of Matt in your girlfriend's bedroom or something?

7 minutes ago, thesouphead said:

Did you find a picture of Matt in your girlfriend's bedroom or something?

Yeah man those were some tough times I will never forgive him.

1 hour ago, thesouphead said:

How many games has Julio missed in said 5 year span?     5 years, averaging more yards than any other receiver...how many games did he miss?   come on, show us how your joke was so funny.   where is the truth in your joke? 

What's funny is your response, Mr. Sensitive.

56 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

What's funny is your response, Mr. Sensitive.

3 games missed in 5 years...and you are making an "injury prone" joke.    Its not about sensitivity...its about reality.   If you are going to hate, make sure you are hating in the correct year and era. Its not 2013, man.  When your joke actually worked, RG3 was a starting QB for the Skins, Dion Jordan was the best DE prospect, Tavon Austin was supposed to be the next HOF slot receiver and EJ Manuel was the top QB prospect. Things change.  You might as well finish each post with a "Get Er Done!"

3 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

It started around 2007. Look at passing yardage from 2000 and compare it to 2009. And you are trying to say the passing game was anywhere close to the same? LOL

Well yeah naturally. Manning was only in his third season in 2000. He, Favre, and Kurt Warner were the only ones really filling up the stat sheets.

By 2009 you have Brady, Brees, and Manning in the prime of their careers, Kurt Warner still killing it, and the emergence of Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger.

But it's pretty obvious Brady, Brees, and Peyton Manning are the standard bearers of the QB position and have been since the Patriots became a dynasty (2004) and Brady v Manning was the Super Bowl before the Super Bowl.Those three own almost every major passing record in NFL history. Rodgers is the latest addition, rewriting the history books in passing efficiency.

5 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Like I said in another thread yards are cute.

What does it matter, nothing could be said to convince you because your hatred for Ryan is strong...has to go beyond the field since he is known as a top QB by NFL folks. So why do you dislike him so much? Don’t just say his arm isn’t strong enough, because he has plenty of arm strength for an NFL QB.

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, thesouphead said:

3 games missed in 5 years...and you are making an "injury prone" joke.    Its not about sensitivity...its about reality.   If you are going to hate, make sure you are hating in the correct year and era. Its not 2013, man.  When your joke actually worked, RG3 was a starting QB for the Skins, Dion Jordan was the best DE prospect, Tavon Austin was supposed to be the next HOF slot receiver and EJ Manuel was the top QB prospect. Things change.  You might as well finish each post with a "Get Er Done!"

Thanks for the history lesson.  Does this story end with a Falcons Superbowl win or more big contracts and empty yards for an injury-prone WR?

15 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

I have..

So I was right, as I see reading through the entire thread. You have indeed gone off the deep-end. You’ve been talking some crazy **** in here my friend. 

SMH.......this losing season is rotting out folks brains...

TheTrue7 likes this

8 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Thanks for the history lesson.  Does this story end with a Falcons Superbowl win or more big contracts and empty yards for an injury-prone WR?

LOL at “injury-prone WR”. Just more crazy *** talk by folks who don’t know what the **** they are talking about....

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL at “injury-prone WR”. Just more crazy *** talk by folks who don’t know what the **** they are talking about....

I think I just heard another one of Julio's foot screws snap.  Medic!