Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
E. T.

Why are you a Falcons fan?

58 posts in this topic

I met Deion Sanders at a Boys Club dinner function in 1990. For some reason I got to get up and shake hands with him. He gave me a Neon Deion shirt. I have it to this day and more surprisingly I fan still fit in it (barely). 

28 minutes ago, Jen said:

I grew up in Florida and was a Miami Dolphins fan growing up. When I came to Georgia in the late 80's in my early teens I didn't have access to the Miami games anymore so started watching Falcons games. I don't think my die-hard fandom really took hold until Mike Vick though. I stick around because they are in my blood now. If I could make it through 2007, I can make it through anything as a sports fan lol.

I was born and raised in Georgia. My dad got me and my brother hooked on Miami Dolphins in their hay day. 70's. Loved that team back then. Larry Czonka was a beast! But I started watching the Falcons once I realized we had a team.....my Dad wasn't real happy with me! LOL...….so I started watching in Early 70's changing the channel when my Dad wasn't watching. We didn't have but 3 or 4 channels in the day.

I became a Falcon fan when they started. We were so excited when we were awarded the franchise. One of the biggest things that had happen in Atlanta back in the sixties. I am almost 69 years old and guess I will continue hanging with them till I depart this world, then the heck with them!

VTCrunkler likes this

5 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I was born and raised in Georgia. My dad got me and my brother hooked on Miami Dolphins in their hay day. 70's. Loved that team back then. Larry Czonka was a beast! But I started watching the Falcons once I realized we had a team.....my Dad wasn't real happy with me! LOL...….so I started watching in Early 70's changing the channel when my Dad wasn't watching. We didn't have but 3 or 4 channels in the day.

I have friends who are constantly befuddled that I picked a team with no winning history over a team with the only undefeated season in NFL history. Sigh, that's why I say they are in my blood. Being a Falcons fan makes no sense sometimes lol.

Cause I'm a sports fan and I as born here. I have no other ties to any other football team. The thought of just picking a team to root for seems stupid to me.

If not for being born here I sure as **** wouldn't be a Falcons fan. This franchise has sucked hard in the 40 years Ive been a fan. Now the franchise excels in finding new ways to disapoint fans its almost comical.

If it were up to me Id like to ship the team to ST Louis and start over with an expansion team. Wipe away this franchises horrible history.

Falcons fan since '98-99 and loyal since their loss to Broncos & also, MV #7 

The Falcons ranked fourth in the league in points scored (442 points) and surrendered the fourth-fewest points (289) in 1998;

the Falcons also led the league in turnover differential at +20. 

I really thought we had it both times and now I even want this Lombardi to come to this city more.

May be next year in Miami ...it shall be!