metatron360

Draft prospects

33 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, metatron360 said:

Devin white or do we select jeffery

simmons? 

Most likely we select the top TE and do a dimi?

TE, that would be more if a Dano (Bookem) Reeves move.

Devin white is the top LB in the draft and he is from LSU. I mean we did draft senat last year.

Simmons  is the DT from Mississippi state big and athletic. 

I was just joking about the TE but this team always selects some guy you never heard of in the first.

I think I would go LB 

I would agree the linea first but we lost debo this year and it was like a meltdown. This draft is deep with DT talent and we drafted senat. Outside of cambel and debo it seems like we don't have legit starters. If we lose one of them I'm worried that we would be in the same situation as early this season. 

I would take the top LB then go DT. Then draft a couple of guards

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Simmons is a transformative presence. He would be huge for this defense.

I like Devin White, but I really think a better DL would make our LBs look better.

Yup, and there are some decent options outside of White in the draft. 

Cole World likes this

12 minutes ago, EpicBird said:

This should be a simple wash, rinse, repeat  

Round 1: DE/DT

Round 2: OG/OT

Round 3: DE/DT

Round 4: OG/OT

Round 4 (compensatory): Big RB minimum 230 lbs

After that BPA

You don't think we need a LB it seems that was what pit our defense in such a bad way. 

was losing Poe that detrimental?

Simmons and most of the DT are good players and needs but a stud LB  I feel gives us the depth we really desire. I'm not for one guy over another, I just see our needs and lake of depth at key positions

1 hour ago, metatron360 said:

You don't think we need a LB it seems that was what pit our defense in such a bad way. 

was losing Poe that detrimental?

Simmons and most of the DT are good players and needs but a stud LB  I feel gives us the depth we really desire. I'm not for one guy over another, I just see our needs and lake of depth at key positions

Our run defense is putrid. iMO LB is an easier position to fill in mid rounds. Plus w Jones back our LB play is okay. Also, they play Nicole or dime 60-65% of the time

Doctor Kildare and PokerSteve like this

I know most everyone wants us to get a win or two down the stretch BUT if we do lose out, I think we'll be guaranteed one of Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, or Nick Bosa. In which case, we will have a new star on defense. Ed Oliver is my guy, haven't seen anyone so freakish since Clowney but I'd be thrilled with any of the three. 

10 hours ago, metatron360 said:

simmons? 

I'm big on Devin White. Looking at Debo yesterday playing lights out. He needs White along side him. 

If Atlanta goes to #3 spot, it will be a perfect spot. They can get an extra 2nd round pick by dropping back to #8 or #10. It would be great if they could pick up 2 picks in the Top 10 of round 2.

They can also Move back into round 1 if they see a great talent. #28-32 in round 1 could be targeted by having 2 high 2nd round picks. 

vitaman likes this

15 hours ago, metatron360 said:

simmons? 

We actually have a guy on the team who would be a monster WLB next to Debo.  He is our starting SS at the moment named Keanu Neal.  With the emergence of Kazee balling out at safety this year and also being a very good tackler and big hitter.   Could we not put Rico and Kazee at the safety spots and put Neal next to Debo at WLb and MLB.  Thus getting all of our best players on the field and allowing us to focus more on the trenches with our early picks.  The other option would be to put Kazee at CB although i think he would play much better at safety with his style of play.

Neal plays SS like a LB position honestly and as far as size goes he is 6'1 211 pounds.  Duke Riley is 6'1 218 pounds. When i see both of them Neal actually looks quite a bit bigger and more intimidating as he is no small safety at all.
Atlanta-Falcons-lose-Pro-Bowl-S-Keanu-Neal-for-season-with-torn-ACL.jpg.227a38ac6bd7ef09fcd42da3c3f062dd.jpgmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.7acb6c650b306c8c802371acf8727dc0.jpg

5 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I'm big on Devin White. Looking at Debo yesterday playing lights out. He needs White along side him. 

There are a couple interesting free agents that we could sign for defensive tackle if we wanted to go linebacker in the first..

I am honestly more interested in what we do in free agency than the draft because that is going set the whole draft up

PokerSteve likes this

15 hours ago, metatron360 said:

simmons? 

Only problem is DW is an inside LBer. I'd love to have him, but don't see it happening with Debo already inside.

There's at least 2 or 3 reasons we are consistently looking bad, but the top 2 are no consistent pressure on the QB and can't stop the run. That starts with DT and DE. I think we go there first, especially in regards to run stoppers. But I thought it was an obvious high need last year too and we know how that went.

But we are weak at one LB spot at least. Put Debo there and White in the middle. I could live with that.

10 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

We actually have a guy on the team who would be a monster WLB next to Debo.  He is our starting SS at the moment named Keanu Neal.  With the emergence of Kazee balling out at safety this year and also being a very good tackler and big hitter.   Could we not put Rico and Kazee at the safety spots and put Neal next to Debo at WLb and MLB.  Thus getting all of our best players on the field and allowing us to focus more on the trenches with our early picks.  The other option would be to put Kazee at CB although i think he would play much better at safety with his style of play.

I wouldn't call Kazee a "very good tackler". He's a very good ball hawk and will be a very good hitter, but tackler? Not so much. He will get better but he whiffs as much as he doesn't, and it usually results in a big play. Just not sure I agree with the tackling part.

36 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I wouldn't call Kazee a "very good tackler". He's a very good ball hawk and will be a very good hitter, but tackler? Not so much. He will get better but he whiffs as much as he doesn't, and it usually results in a big play. Just not sure I agree with the tackling part.

I dunno i thought at the beginning of the year he would go for the big hit alot and miss at times.  Neal was known to do this as well sadly.  But over the season i think his tackling has improve quite a bit and don't see it as a problem anymore.  The turning point for him for me it feels like after that hit he got thrown out of the game on and got a fine.  From there on he seems to do a much better job of wrapping up and getting guys to the ground.  Still it's his 1st full year starting in the league he will only get better with more reps. 

10 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

I dunno i thought at the beginning of the year he would go for the big hit alot and miss at times.  Neal was known to do this as well sadly.  But over the season i think his tackling has improve quite a bit and don't see it as a problem anymore.  The turning point for him for me it feels like after that hit he got thrown out of the game on and got a fine.  From there on he seems to do a much better job of wrapping up and getting guys to the ground.  Still it's his 1st full year starting in the league he will only get better with more reps. 

I totally agree. I've seen him still miss a couple or take a bad angle, but you're right. He is improving week after week.