Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Would it surprise anybody if we drafted a RT in the 1st?

53 posts in this topic

Schraeder has hit the ceiling along with Beez and Alford.... That's a lot of money to hit FAgency next year. I would be shocked if we didn't make some huge splashes this offseason 

24 minutes ago, Scott1988 said:

probably, outside of Jonah Williams there's not a lot of o-line talent in this draft

True, and I would be ok with Jonah if players like Q Williams and Ed Oliver are gone. Maybe a couple others that should be at the top of our list first. I do like that he seems to be a beast in run blocking although not as stout of a pass blocker. I'm totally ok with that. Whatever pass blocking we get out of him is going to be more than the turnstyle we have now.

In this draft where we are drafting their aren't really any real top tier talents at OT besides Jonah from Bama.  The best spot for us to get a O-lineman in this draft is round 2 to 3 where theirs a solid crop of guys with good value there at tackle and guard.

Their are atleast 6 to 7 D-lineman in the top 10 players of this draft that all have the talent to go in the top 3 to 5.  Then you have 2 CB's in greedy and Baker that are top 5 talents as well.   Throw in a Devin White at LB and you are almost 10 deep at defense in the 1st 10 picks.  The QB's and Jonah are probably going to go somewhere in there meaning all that D-line talent will get pushed down the draft board.   If we don't get the exact guy we want to fall to us we could still trade down a few picks get a 2nd rounder and still get a top tier D-lineman thats just as good as most of the other guys.  This draft is so crazy good at DT/Edge rusher this year.

Ergo Proxy likes this

6 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

If there are any good ones that are looked at as legitimate early 1st round worthy talent then I wouldn't be surprised.

If we pick top five, I don’t think there is any olineman worth that high of a pick. 

6 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

OL is for free agency.  High draft picks are for elite DL and LB's...

This. The ONLY three positions we should draft in the first round is:

DL - Get the best one available with the first pick. Don't care if it's DE or DT. Get one.

LB - If there is a stud and he is BPA, get him.

OL - Early indications is that the OL class is not that strong. If he is the BPA by the time we pick, get him.

The same should apply in the second round as well IMO. The lines should be key this offseason.

PokerSteve likes this

Wouldn't shock me a bit.  DLine is extremely deep so we'd be able to get a first round talent with our 2nd rounder.  That said, I hope we choose the best lineman available on either side of the ball when our pick comes up...

Ergo Proxy likes this

They should go into the draft with other teams having no idea who they are going to draft and be ready and willing to trade down to a team that is desperate for a rookie QB (Washington?) and is willing to give up multiple picks in return.

What do we really need - 2 solid starters on this team or 1 possible superstar (Beasley part 2?)?

It would surprise me because I know their tendencies. I think we should absolutely draft linemen in every round for the next two years, offensive and defensive.

PokerSteve likes this