Zone#7

It's not that Matt Ryan sucks........

98 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, knomercy said:

70.5% - 4,076 - 28 TD - 6 INT - 108.3 QB rating

If you told people that would be Matt Ryan's stat line after 13 games I wonder how many people would have guessed we'd be 4-9.

Exactly this isnt matts fault we are where we are..and ppl that say he is ate just retared and have an agenda..coaching injuries..matt has had an awesome year and its a **** shame its going to be wasted yet again.

15 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

It's his contract's fault that we can afford a decent O line.

lol...needed a good laugh

You could say Schaub getting $5,000,000 or Reed getting $4,590,000 or Garland $3,000,000 or Tru/Alf $18,000,000 combined.  But Ryan’s contract and production are in line

Edited by Falconsin2012
Bigbenright likes this

We need 2 new corners, 2 guards, a LB, and  at least 2 more DL and a tackle and you blame Ryan??  Ryan is not as talented as Rodgers or Brady but he can definitely win a championship and he's top 5 in the league.  

knomercy likes this

52 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Laugh all you want but please refer to Matt Cassel, Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett. The fact that all these back up QBs have come in won games and played so good the Pats were able to get high draft picks for them. Not saying Brady isnt a good QB but his success is more a product of BB and the Patriot way then vice versa. 

Flying Falcon likes this

18 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

I think based on Joe Flacco and Blake Bortles along with other Qbs we overrated the **** out of quarterbacks. That's the true issue I'm not agreeing that Matt Ryan sucks just FYI. The only true great QB in this league is Tom Brady, and even he knows if not for the team he's had over those runs he doesn't get anywhere.

You're only as great as the people you're surrounded by.

I actually think Ryan has more natural talent than Brady,, It's all about the system ,, They play O# smart,, we used to when Shannie was here.. but now we have the worst OC we have ever had... And the reason why we are not in the mix this year. If with the talent we have this year we could have had a OC that had a clue,, we would be in the playoffs.. If TD and Blank dont see this truth,,, we will be cellar dweller again next year... Mark it down.....

16 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

He's inconsistent. 

Elite at times. 

Pathetic at times. 

Elite when they block and give him more than 2 second

Pathetic when they don't block and give him less than 2 seconds...not to mention no running game

21 minutes ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

Laugh all you want but please refer to Matt Cassel, Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett. The fact that all these back up QBs have come in won games and played so good the Pats were able to get high draft picks for them. Not saying Brady isnt a good QB but his success is more a product of BB and the Patriot way then vice versa. 

How did that BB way work in Cleveland and year 1 in NE without Brady?  I agree there is a good system in place; but make no mistake, Brady is why it works so well.

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

How did that BB way work in Cleveland and year 1 in NE without Brady?  I agree there is a good system in place; but make no mistake, Brady is why it works so well.

LOL!!!!! REALLY?

18 hours ago, Zone#7 said:

I think based on Joe Flacco and Blake Bortles along with other Qbs we overrated the **** out of quarterbacks. That's the true issue I'm not agreeing that Matt Ryan sucks just FYI. The only true great QB in this league is Tom Brady, and even he knows if not for the team he's had over those runs he doesn't get anywhere.

You're only as great as the people you're surrounded by.

You contradicted yourself. Switch Matt Ryan with Tom Brady and Ryan would have a couple of rings, too.

9 minutes ago, russ7000 said:

I have yet really seen Ryan take a game and put the team on his back and win ( Brady, Manning ) .... But Ryan is a good QB I believe Falcons must have a good running game in order for him to flourish.... 

Must have EVERYTHING right. Right OC, right OL, right RB, right WRs, etc.... 

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You could say Schaub getting $5,000,000 or Reed getting $4,590,000 or Garland $3,000,000 or Tru/Alf $18,000,000 combined.  But Ryan’s contract and production are in line

Ryan's last contract was priced to match a SB-winning QB (Flacco), and he still hasn't earned that contract.

Flying Falcon and slickgadawg like this

19 hours ago, knomercy said:

70.5% - 4,076 - 28 TD - 6 INT - 108.3 QB rating

If you told people that would be Matt Ryan's stat line after 13 games I wonder how many people would have guessed we'd be 4-9.

Marino 2.0

**** y'all really love ****ting on a guy who is top 5 in almost every catagory. I understand everyone is frustrated but y'all have to really watch some of these games back. QBs are making wayyy more mistakes then our QB. He might miss about 4 throws a game on his "bad" games 6 or 7. He literally has to play perfect.

Y'all bitched about his 5 TD game against the Saints earlier in the year. Matter of fact when he was really balling out earlier in the year we were 1-4. He was playing **** near perfect and still didn't matter. Do you wanna know why he needs a good OL, DL, DB, LB to be successful? Because there are 40 other guys he has to depend on to do their job. 

Everyone in here likes to equate it to a real life job so here we go. A group project is assigned with 40 other guys. You get all of your stuff done with minimal mistakes, but everyone else is either lazy or screwing it up so it turns out like ****. Stop blaming this dude everything man. It's crazy.

Perception of Ryan vs other QBs in the league is skewed.  Atlanta fans mostly watch highlight films (aka good stuff) of QBs playing for other teams.  We see Matt Ryan on every play, good and the bad. Every QB makes bad throws and bad decisions every now and then.  Especially when they face constant pressure.      

Bigbenright and Falconsin2012 like this

19 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Any other QB in the league would probably be refusing to play if they had to put up with the number of QB hits that Ryan has to take every game.

And, it is a joke every week with how much time we give opposing QB's to stand in the pocket while Ryan is fighting for his life almost the second after the ball is snapped to him.

Finally, the two things we did so well in the Shanahan era to combat this was heavy utilization of RB's (and FB) as receivers and also frequent up-tempo offensive series to confuse defenses.  We have all but abandoned both of these.

That 2nd paragraph is right on the money