Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stingbee

MLS Cup: Highest TV Local Market Ratings Atlanta

37 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Nereek said:

Atlanta United still smell like a new car, but as soon as United stops winning, the fans won't show up. ATL is full of fair weather fans.

Different demographic of fans show up to the soccer games. Bet they continue to get support even in down years.

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Also, had highest turnout over 73k in MLS football history.

We are the football mecca.

But, sad part is lot of key personnels are leaving including H.C and MVP of offense 

Barco will replace almiron and martinez has no desire to leave.. we have a very decent pipeline of youth including carlton and that other 16 yr old kid who played a few games this year. Atlanta will continue stockpiling talent and continue winning as long as we have a coach who can control the team and can make adjustments 

stingbee likes this

40 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Doesn't this thread belong in the Talk About the Atlanta United Board?

For a change, embrace a team that united the whole city from all angles of life. For a change, stop whining about this thread. Atlanta United is owned by the Falcons owner and play in the same stadium. So, who cares that we are talking about United on Falcons thread- it is not like it will always happen. This is unique and a remarkable accomplishment. 

24 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I would actually watch kickball. Way more exciting then soccer.

Go back to your sleep and no one cares about your childish remarks. Majority of the city has spoken and they love their Soccer team. 

The highest local tv market rating before was Seattle with a 7.5 rating during MLS Cup. 

To get an 11.5 rating on the English and additional ratings from the Spanish feed, you are talking massive numbers watching the game from home. When you add the 20%-30% lift from out of home viewing, you are talking  numbers like 14.0-15.0 rating without counting the Spanish numbers.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see an additional 3.0-5.0 ratings point from the Spanish channel in the Atlanta market. The final Talley will be somewhere around 17.0-20.0 local TV rating  when you all of those variables. 

43 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Different demographic of fans show up to the soccer games. Bet they continue to get support even in down years.

Maybe in different cities, but I don't see Atlanta doing that.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

7 hours ago, stingbee said:

Go back to your sleep and no one cares about your childish remarks. Majority of the city has spoken and they love their Soccer team. 

Soccer is on par with ice hockey on the excitement factor. Except hockey is better because atleast you know a fight will break out sooner or later to break up the monotony of watching guys just skate back and forth.

The game peaked at 2.1 million on Fox and averaged at almost 1.6 million. This was the highest rated MLS game since 1997. 

The total viewership was 1.8 million. The game was competing against Mexican league playoff on Univision which got 1.5 million at the same time. Both Portland and Atlanta market had limited access to Unimas affecting the Spanish ratings, and the fact it was competing with Mexican League Playoffs. 

The numbers didn’t included out of home viewing. 

Atlanta had around 400k Households watching when adding Spanish and Out of home viewing in my estimates. That is amazing for a local market.

On 12/9/2018 at 5:34 PM, stingbee said:

Congrats to # Atlanta...

Atlanta market scores 11.5 rating on Local Fox for the English platform. The Spanish numbers on Univision Deportes are not out, but I assume 3.0-4.0 additional rating possible for the Spanish market. In other words, the whole city of Atlanta was engaged. This doesn’t count thousands watching outside of their homes in bars, restaurants, and parties. 

Amzazing accomplishment!!! Atlanta is the Soccer Mecca in the US... 

This is the highest  Local TV market Ratings for MLS to date. 

It will last as long as the winning does. Keep up the great work AB!

On 12/9/2018 at 11:16 PM, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I beg to differ. The Atlanta Knights caused such a freakin' uproar they made the mistake of bringing another professional hockey team to Atlanta. The interest lasts as long as the winning. I don't care if your professional tennis, the Georgia Force, an IHL team...if you win, you get mad support. Look, at the fervor around the Falcons to close out the Dome in '16.

Atlanta has a consistent track record...win, and your in. It has noting to do with affection for a particular sport. If the Braves get hot next season...wait and watch the love. 

11 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I beg to differ. The Atlanta Knights caused such a freakin' uproar they made the mistake of bringing another professional hockey team to Atlanta. The interest lasts as long as the winning. I don't care if your professional tennis, the Georgia Force, an IHL team...if you win, you get mad support. Look, at the fervor around the Falcons to close out the Dome in '16.

Atlanta has a consistent track record...win, and your in. It has noting to do with affection for a particular sport. If the Braves get hot next season...wait and watch the love. 

I agree