Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stingbee

MLS Cup: Highest TV Local Market Ratings Atlanta

37 posts in this topic

Congrats to # Atlanta...

Atlanta market scores 11.5 rating on Local Fox for the English platform. The Spanish numbers on Univision Deportes are not out, but I assume 3.0-4.0 additional rating possible for the Spanish market. In other words, the whole city of Atlanta was engaged. This doesn’t count thousands watching outside of their homes in bars, restaurants, and parties. 

Amzazing accomplishment!!! Atlanta is the Soccer Mecca in the US... 

This is the highest  Local TV market Ratings for MLS to date. 

Edited by stingbee

Well I know Blank spent a fortune to give United every advantage, but no one could have for saw the fans participation it was off the charts. This championship is as much theirs as the franchise, we will see the next few years as the players and coaches come and go but I'd imagine they are gonna remain rowdy and proud. 

Yep I'm of the opinion United proved ATL fans will support a team and that the Falcons, Hawks and Braves are tainted beyond repair.

I want them all moved to another city and I want to start over with 3 new expansion teams. We need to rid our city of these 3 loser franchises and start over.

16 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

But... “muh football, muh south” is all ive heard. 

Well done Atlanta, enjoy that parade!

This is why I get so tired of people saying that "Atlanta or Georgia is a COLLEGE TOWN only and nothing else" "The SOUTH is all about COLLEGE SPORTS and NOTHING ELSE" cutoff with that BS. I'm sick and tired of hearing it. Atlanta is the best professional sports town in the SOUTH. We CAN be a professional sports town and a college town. We can be the #1 college football and NFL place in America. We've had the most talent in college football and NFL combined for the past 2 decades. 

41 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Atlanta United is really the first Super MLS Club. This team could be the Warriors of the MLS and be good for a while. 

You must not have watched the old Galaxy and DC United dynasties.

3 hours ago, stingbee said:

Congrats to # Atlanta...

Atlanta market scores 11.5 rating on Local Fox for the English platform. The Spanish numbers on Univision Deportes are not out, but I assume 3.0-4.0 additional rating possible for the Spanish market. In other words, the whole city of Atlanta was engaged. This doesn’t count thousands watching outside of their homes in bars, restaurants, and parties. 

Amzazing accomplishment!!! Atlanta is the Soccer Mecca in the US... 

This is the highest  Local TV market Ratings for MLS to date. 

What were the ratings outside of ATL? I bet they came really close to Super Bowl and World Series numbers because the majority of people are super into MLS.

3 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Well I know Blank spent a fortune to give United every advantage, but no one could have for saw the fans participation it was off the charts. This championship is as much theirs as the franchise, we will see the next few years as the players and coaches come and go but I'd imagine they are gonna remain rowdy and proud. 

Trophies beget patience.  As they should. 

You think Patriot fans get mad when that team starts out 1-2? 

Course not. 

They know their season starts about week 6, and that their team is a machine with the right gears.

13 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Those numbers are impressive!  That has to be a new record for Major League Kickball.

Kickball is actually pretty cool if played right. 

FYI:  If you're an outfielder, NEVER play while wearing a polyester shirt. 

I learned that the hard way,  1974.  Blew the game because of my slick shirt.  Ball went through my torso like Sherman went through Georgia.

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Kickball is actually pretty cool if played right. 

FYI:  If you're an outfielder, NEVER play while wearing a polyester shirt. 

I learned that the hard way,  1974.  Blew the game because of my slick shirt.  Ball went through my torso like Sherman went through Georgia.

If we're being honest, everybody knows that.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Wait.... 

So you’re saying Atlanta,  where the home team was playing in the championship, that was also in Atlanta, had the highest ratings of the game?

its like a Christmas miracle.

Also, had highest turnout over 73k in MLS football history.

We are the football mecca.

But, sad part is lot of key personnels are leaving including H.C and MVP of offense 

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

You must not have watched the old Galaxy and DC United dynasties.

I have been watching MLS since it’s inception. Atlanta United could be argued as the best MLS team ever in terms of style of play and the depth in the squad. Atlanta United has better depth and better overall players than the old DC United and Galaxy. The quality of MLS has improved dramatically then those  days. 

If you would have told me we were a soccer city I'd have called you a **** liar. Yet...here we are. I'm being honest, I dont know jack about kick ball, but man....I watched from beginning till end and I screamed my lungs out, twice. It's still a foreign sport for me, i never played it growing up.

44 minutes ago, stingbee said:

I have been watching MLS since it’s inception. Atlanta United could be argued as the best MLS team ever in terms of style of play and the depth in the squad. Atlanta United has better depth and better overall players than the old DC United and Galaxy. The quality of MLS has improved dramatically then those  days. 

Clearly quality has improved in the league, but United isn't the first MLS superclub by any stretch of the imagination.  Not with just 1 star on their kit when DC has 4.

1 minute ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Clearly quality has improved in the league, but United isn't the first MLS superclub by any stretch of the imagination.  Not wiyh just 1 star on their kit when DC has 4.

You are a linear thinker,  aren't you? 

I don't mean insult with that at all.  I just make note of most of your posts and you come across as more emotionally steady, albeit negative, than most of the people on here. 

You use your brain for yourself, and I tip the hat on that.

stingbee likes this

16 minutes ago, octoslash said:

You are a linear thinker,  aren't you? 

I don't mean insult with that at all.  I just make note of most of your posts and you come across as more emotionally steady, albeit negative, than most of the people on here. 

You use your brain for yourself, and I tip the hat on that.

I'm not 100% serious 70% of the time.

This just goes to show that Georgians arent just about college football. There are fans here that can get behind ATL pro sport team and get really loud on game day. 

I wasnt around during the Falcons early years, were the Falcons fans back then as loud/supportive as the ATL United fans are now? Proabably 50+ years of dissapointment and heartbreak has led to such a sparse and unmotivated fanbase we have now.

Edited by phoenix_falcon
MikeSmithsNotepad and mqg96 like this