TRUju2111

Matt Ryan sucks

223 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

He’s the kind of QB where if every level of your team is atleast competent, you will have a great team. He just won’t elevate your team if the team is flawed. 

This is what he is, he is an Aikman type which is why we went out and got Julio for him. 

caponine, ZoneOne01 and PokerSteve like this

36 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

It means he is the best the team has ever had. He has nfl records, mvp awards one of two QBs to ever take ATL to a SB and idiots want him gone....

no rings...

Edited by slickgadawg
cblack likes this

7 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Might be a little dusty.... but they got several chips....

Image result for bulldogs 1980 national champions

you guys are like Bears fans still doing the Super Bowl shuffle. . . Herschel Walker is 56.  Their last title is more dated than that belt buckle 

UGA fans should never, ever play the “X can’t get it done in the big moment” card

RiseUpFalcs likes this

Just now, Ghosts of Glanville said:

you guys are like Bears fans still doing the Super Bowl shuffle. . . Herschel Walker is 56.  Their last title is more dated than that belt buckle 

UGA fans should never, ever play the “X can’t get it done in the big moment” card

But we should all play the “X gon’ give it to ya” card.

FalconAge likes this

2 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Most passing yards in the first 11 years of a career and he sucks.   

Passing yards are so cute. Is that the only thing he can hang his hat on in the golden era of passing offenses? Stafford and Cam could easily pass him.

cblack and Dutty Ole Bird like this

3 hours ago, ZoneOne01 said:

He’s the kind of QB where if every level of your team is atleast competent, you will have a great team. He just won’t elevate your team if the team is flawed. 

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ryan is a smart stats qb.. He'll never be the guy that can carry a team on his back.. He's good at making his self look decent at the expense of other players 

People say this and it's the biggest horse mularkey I've ever heard. There is no such thing as a QB that "carries" or "elevates" a team. This is football!! A QB is only as good as his coaches and players around him. I will never understand how folks make this claim that you can put trash cans out there around the best QBs and they'd still win games and Super Bowls. The Packers are a clear example that even the most physically gifted QB can only do so much when the pieces around him aren't good enough. Matt Ryan is the absolute least of the Falcons issues.

Ryan has to be perfect nowadays for us to win. This is a complete BS way to build a team. Every QB has an off game or makes some bad throws during a game. The microscope should be on the defense our horrible Special teams and TD for not building decent OL's and DL's

Our average starting position is one of the worst in the NFL cause our special teams suck,  Our defense is easily the worst in the NFL right now and some of you want to pick on Ryan who is still have a near career best year?

2 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

Might be a little dusty.... but they got several chips....

Image result for bulldogs 1980 national champions

As a die hard UGA fan too (just look at my avatar) I get sick and tired of seeing this and the 1980 highlights. I wasn't alive in 1980 #1, and #2 my dad was a 9th grader in junior high the last time UGA won the national championship. That's how long ago it's been. I've been a UGA fan since 2002 as a little kid (became a Falcons fan that year too) and I've been so desperate for one of my football teams to finally get a championship my whole life. 

slickgadawg likes this

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

People say this and it's the biggest horse mularkey I've ever heard. There is no such thing as a QB that "carries" or "elevates" a team. This is football!! A QB is only as good as his coaches and players around him. I will never understand how folks make this claim that you can put trash cans out there around the best QBs and they'd still win games and Super Bowls. The Packers are a clear example that even the most physically gifted QB can only do so much when the pieces around him aren't good enough. Matt Ryan is the absolute least of the Falcons issues.

100% fact.

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this

3 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

I just don't like his contract at this point. Like, that's it for me. Great QB but makes way too much for his overall resume. Doesn't his contract have incentives as well? Or is he just more important than anyone else on the team? 

Makes way too much for his resume?

How many QBs can you say that has atleast a SB appearance and an NFL MVP?

In about an offseason or two there will be QBs with neither on their resume making more than Ryan.

Qbs will continue to set the bar when it comes to contracts.

Geneaut, Drew4719 and Ergo Proxy like this

3 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Most passing yards in the first 11 years of a career and he sucks.   Ok

he could go 34-36 with 550 yards and six td’s and some clown would be on here b****ing about “that $150m waste missing those two throws”

Not to mention, those same brainiacs want to give $20 million per to a 30 year old WR with an extensive injury history and an inability to get himself open in the end zone.

gkgrimes likes this

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Best QB the franchise has ever had...and not even close.

That's not saying much.......outside of vick who have we had mention worthy in the last 40 years!!!!

3 hours ago, thedead said:

Ryan does boneheaded **** 

but give this guy a good defense and a REAL oline things would be different 

oh and a better oc ha

He had one sir......last year we were top 10! Held the Superbowl champs to 15points at home!!!

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

Lots of decent qbs that will be a valuable in later rounds this year to groom. Ryan is ok.

I'll bet they won't pick one til the bottom of the 7th.....smfh

40 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You're either too young to have seen them,too old to remember them, or too blind to see outside Matt Ryan's jock strap.

Joe Montana,Steve Young,Dan Fouts,Dan Marino, even Bradshaw would carry teams on their shoulders for weeks. That's 5 that don't include today's top 3.

The nonsense that Matt Ryan is "elite" or "HOF" is where your horse mularky lives. He's OK...that's about it.

Matt doesn't catch anything he throws, a heap of talented receivers do. He doesn't get credit for every stat just because it's a pass.

1 minute ago, 40milesN said:

You're either too young to have seen them,too old to remember them, or too blind to see outside Matt Ryan's jock strap.

Joe Montana,Steve Young,Dan Fouts,Dan Marino, even Bradshaw would carry teams on their shoulders for weeks. That's 5 that don't include today's top 3.

The nonsense that Matt Ryan is "elite" or "HOF" is where your horse mularky lives. He's OK...that's about it.

Matt doesn't catch anything he throws, a heap of talented receivers do. He doesn't get credit for every stat just because it's a pass.

Bradshaw had one of the most historic defenses of all time in the Steel Curtain and a HOF RB and 2 HOF WRs.

Both Montana and Young had offensive weapons that also included the best WR of all time and some pretty good defenses during their runs.

Marino is the only one that can be closer to your point.

Fouts was an exciting QB to watch, but his Charger teams did not live up to expectations a good bit of the time with just making the postseason 4 years out of his 15 year career.