falcons007

Will DQ survive if the Falcons are blown out next 4 weeks?

64 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

I don't see that happening. Coordinators  and position coaches generally go first. 

I could easily see Sark getting canned. 

I don’t see either. But 4 more humiliating loses can make things interesting. 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

In all honesty, that should be Dimi's call, not Blank's. But the lack of character and depth I'm seeing tells me that there's no way in **** I'd keep Dimi around long enough to make that decision.

16 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

I like Quinn, but I think the injuries has saved him this season. If this happens again, him and TD are probably gone

This is WAY more than just injuries. Only person missing on defense is Neal. Kazee has pretty much replaced Allen this season. Defense has been a bumbling and undisciplined mess. That's coaching.

Ive seen offenses with more injuries than us that have done better than ours...especially these last five weeks. You have all these weapons on offense and STILL can't scheme around the injuries to the guards. Yeah you can say execution all you want but that's an easy cop out because there's way more problems than that with the offense. If I was Quinn, Sark would be fired after this game.

Oh, and I'll pose this question: If he's such a great coach, what team would realistically hire him next to take over? My money says no one. He'll be back at DC someplace, if that.

Optimus_Cr1m35 likes this

I’m not sure. This lack of effort has been tough. I get it, we had some injuries and we lost some guys. But that was weeks ago and we’ve had some time to sort that out - see 3 game win streak. This is terrible though.

worst case I want sark fired as soon as this game is over and Knapp coaching from here on out. I’d hate to be on our 3rd DC in 5 years, but if Quinn wants to keep Manuel, I think he needs to takeover playcalling. That’s what caused our defensive surge and run to 51 a few years ago.

falcons007 and FalconJim like this

17 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

This is WAY more than just injuries. Only person missing on defense is Neal. Kazee has pretty much replaced Allen this season. Defense has been a bumbling and undisciplined mess. That's coaching.

Ive seen offenses with more injuries than us that have done better than ours...especially these last five weeks. You have all these weapons on offense and STILL can't scheme around the injuries to the guards. Yeah you can say execution all you want but that's an easy cop out because there's way more problems than that with the offense. If I was Quinn, Sark would be fired after this game.

I think I've been in denial. Blaming injuries this whole time. We just aren't as talented as I thought. And if you include poor coaching with lack of talent then this is the result you're going to get.

He will.  Here's what pizzes me off though, the staff hasn't tried anything different since all the injuries.  No in games adjustments or throwing different players out on the field until now.  Even if we're healthy as a pig, I just am not seeing from Quinn what I want to see.  And forget his game clock and TO management, he's one of the worst I've ever seen.  That's not going to change. 

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

He will.  Here's what pizzes me off though, the staff hasn't tried anything different since all the injuries.  No in games adjustments or throwing different players out on the field until now.  Even if we're helathy as a pig, I just am not seeing from Quinn what I want to see.  And forget his game clock and TO management, he's one of the worst I've ever seen.  That's not going to change. 

Yeah. I would love to be fly on the wall on the Monday after season ends and listen to Arthur talking to DQ and TD.

WhenFalconsWin likes this

43 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

I like Quinn, but I think the injuries has saved him this season. If this happens again, him and TD are probably gone

I wish i could say otherwise, but I think we are stuck with him. Forever.

Yes....  I know this sucks.... It really do but you are crazy to fire a guy after 1 bad season..... You just has a playoff win last year.

Somebody on the coaching staff I'd gone tho... it has to be changes

Quinn has done exactly what fans asked. Benched Schraeder and Alford and see what you have in the younger guys.

What's obvious is how much money we have tied into dead weight. Bosher, Reed, Alford, Schraeder etc. All easy cuts to boost our cap.

JDaveG likes this

1 minute ago, stizz said:

Quinn has done exactly what fans asked. Benched Schraeder and Alford and see what you have in the younger guys.

What's obvious is how much money we have tied into dead weight. Bosher, Reed, Alford, Schraeder etc. All easy cuts to boost our cap.

Add the $4.5M in cap space Matt Schaub is eating up this year, too.

Plus the nearly $3M we're paying Garland.

Also gotta wonder if Matt Bryant is finally hitting that wall. Depending on how he finishes these next three games, it may be time to move on. Hit cap hit in 2019 is $4.16M & if I'm not mistaken, we signed Tavecchio to a 2-year deal so he's under contract in 2019 with just a $650k hit.