D.B.N.

Fire TD... I'm sick of no depth

134 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I could have swore it was pioli and Quinn drafting.... That's what I was told last year when we were doing good. Now it's td? 

TD has always sucked at drafting oline.  Remember the waste of the 1st round pick on Sam Trex arms Baker?  Or Konz?  Jake Matthews is the only one he has gotten right, and that took a top draft pick to get that one right.

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Some of us weren't keen on the Levitre signing. He was CRAP in Buffalo the 2 years before coming here. Schraeder, maybe, but that contract was too sizable for a guy that had only started and played well in only a handful of games at that point.

Luckily for us Levitre actually played quite well for us over the years until the injuries kept coming.  Im not mad about the Levitre signing at all that worked out much better than people expected.  As for Schraeder he was a legit top 4 or 5 RT in the league for a few years there and he just fell off a cliff the last year and a half or so. 

Im really not upset at all about those 2 guys for what they have given us but we need to move on from them after this season as they can now both be upgraded while saving us some cap space.   I'll say the thing that i wish we had done better is drafted more talented O-line depth behind them to learn from them.  Instead of taking late flyers on chumps like Wes and Harlow.

vitaman likes this

4 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

I agree but TD is more a problem than quinn imo. We still have zero OL talent and TD has a track record for not being able to draft linemen 

Track record lmao

5 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Fire TD. Problem solved. Quinn has made him look better than he really is - he DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DRAFT! 

They had depth.

Quinn cut em in preseason

JeffAtl likes this

It is hard to have quality depth at every position

Again we are  missing a starting running back

both starting guard's

both safeties

now we are missing long snapper

we just played 10 games with put debo

we played 3 games with put Grady

we played a game with put takk and Alford

We have played a half without Sanu and Ridley

Chitt  we lost our kicker for a month.

It is fine to criticize the play on the and some of the decisions on game day but the idea that we should have had enough depth to cover all of those spots is completely unrealistic.

I want TD and DQ gone.

Pacifist Falcon Fan: WELL QUINN LED US TO A SUPERBOWL! TD DRAFTED MATT RYAN!!!

Well Nick Foles actually WON a Superbowl and he is riding the **** bench. Im sick of the Falcons holding on to ppl for sentimental reasons. I hate moral victories.

Da_Truth and D.B.N. like this

13 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

This is what happens when such a such a HUUUUUUGE part of your cap is tied up in skill position players, and the line of scrimmage takes a back seat. 

We have a huge chunk in that oline and QBs especially ones of Ryan's ilk will always get paid.

Weve drafted defense so there paydays will come.

The secret for us is called closing the gap in the talent pool in my eyes.

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

They had depth.

Quinn cut em in preseason

Lol what hard decisions no it's an all star gAme so we need all stars in all positions lol.

Who exactly did Quinn cut?

10 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Wat. 

He called a timeout FOR the Packers before half. He literally has no idea what is going on when it comes to game management. 

Game management and Dan Quinn do not belong in the same sentence.  

He has good qualities, but he absolutely stinks as a game manager.......and isn't that a large part of being the HC?

9 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

TD has always sucked at drafting oline.  Remember the waste of the 1st round pick on Sam Trex arms Baker?  Or Konz?  Jake Matthews is the only one he has gotten right, and that took a top draft pick to get that one right.

Nothing wrong with that pick at the time.They needed a LT at the time they had to trade up to get one because there was a run on them.His biggest mistake was resigning him.

Konz didn't pan out but he was also the highest rated C that year he was drafted.

So in actual fact it only confirms how much of a crap shoot drafting olineman in the draft is.

A lot on here we're clambering over Will Hernandez last year how's he going lol.Or how bout Jake Conklin drafted 8th in the draft last year.

All this he doesn't draft well is a myth.You got to actually believe in the talent out there if you don't you don't just draft because.You come up with another solution.

15 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Fire TD. Problem solved. Quinn has made him look better than he really is - he DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DRAFT! 

YES! YES! YES! YES! I've said that years ago always bringing in practice squad free agents and when he does get a good one which is few and far between don't keep them he makes me think that he was really sent by all three of our division rivals

D.B.N. likes this

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

We have a huge chunk in that oline and QBs especially ones of Ryan's ilk will always get paid.

Weve drafted defense so there paydays will come.

The secret for us is called closing the gap in the talent pool in my eyes.

well dude it takes money to close the gap in the talent pool money that we now don't have good talent just like anything else don't come cheep we overpaid MATT and Freeman and Sanu now we stuck looking for diamonds in the ruff which is poor way to build 

11 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

TD has sucked period drafting,picking freeagents and hairstyle 

8 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

It is hard to have quality depth at every position

Again we are  missing a starting running back

both starting guard's

both safeties

now we are missing long snapper

we just played 10 games with put debo

we played 3 games with put Grady

we played a game with put takk and Alford

We have played a half without Sanu and Ridley

Chitt  we lost our kicker for a month.

It is fine to criticize the play on the and some of the decisions on game day but the idea that we should have had enough depth to cover all of those spots is completely unrealistic.

we were'nt good when those guys were healthy so tell me something else

13 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

I think TD has been doing a good job :shrug:.

IDK Man he has been getting bits on defense and trying to make the offense too electric. No balance.

Edited by ICUH8N

Oh did Oliver and others play?

The ones who have played fpr replacing injuries. riley sucked, while kazee is great.  The other LB is good (not like debo at all) but a good player.  Ito is good as well.  

16 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Quinn is not the problem. 

He is part of the problem.  All this sunshine and lollipops B.S. needs to stop and do some real coaching.  He may can coach defense (and that's questionable now) but he ain't worth a **** as a HC.

D.B.N. likes this

4 hours ago, thewatcher said:

we were'nt good when those guys were healthy so tell me something else

We were not good with a healthy Debo all year,a healthy Levitre, a healthy Allen and Neal?

A super bowl and another playoff off appearance is not good???

You trolls really need to come up with new material

kiwifalcon likes this

7 hours ago, thewatcher said:

well dude it takes money to close the gap in the talent pool money that we now don't have good talent just like anything else don't come cheep we overpaid MATT and Freeman and Sanu now we stuck looking for diamonds in the ruff which is poor way to build 

How can you over pay a guy when player salaries are dictated by the market.

This whole over paying thing is misconstrued.

If you don't pay Ryan your back to square one.If you look at it from a Falcons perspective they've had to pay him top dollar from his rookie season.Yet he and the team have had there most successful run in franchise history.

We are a build through the draft team so once you draft develop what's next let them go no you pay the chosen guys who you see important moving foward.

See again not a mention of the injuries it's quiet clear this isn't the same team without losing the guys like we have and losing key guys at that.

Biggest thing for us is closing the gap between our starters and depth to me that's on the coaches.