GET-ME-A-DB-TD

Gotta be honest... Alford might be gone

36 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Sui_Generis said:

Should have been gone last year.

Why?  He was great last year. What has happened to him this year I don’t know 

2 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Alford's contract isn't the problem it's Trufants

Both Trufant and Alford have been terrible this season. Trufant has shown marginal improvement these last two games. Someone must have gotten on him and he's starting to show some fire again. We'll see how he looks next season... Alford was the best corner we had last year, however he's turned into burnt toast this year and our worst corner this year IMO. 

Now knowing my stance on both those two overpaid players, you're not saving any money cutting Trufant next year. You would be losing money. You are with Alford (~8 million). 

Unfortunately, Tru's contract is what it is and we'll have to probably live with it for another year. There are too many holes on both lines and asking to replace TWO CBs next year is asking a lot.

5 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I have never seen an NFL player absolutely REFUSE to turn his head and look back. I can't tell how many times Alford has almost gotten hit in the helmet while defending a pass. This is bad bro.

Guess you dont remember Chris Houston. Man was born physically unable to turn his head... 

HousCh99_2016.jpg

8 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Alford and Trufant both suck. CB is a big need 

This here, we suck harder than a black hole in the backfield. Need to get new dbs, new lbers, and a new DT.

10 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I have never seen an NFL player absolutely REFUSE to turn his head and look back. I can't tell how many times Alford has almost gotten hit in the helmet while defending a pass. This is bad bro.

I believe Isaiah Oliver will take Alford's place real soon! 
He's Quinn's man, and it's my opinion that he was chosen in the draft to do just that! 
If I'm not mistaken, Oliver came in today when Alford was benched, late in the game, so that says a LOT to me!  

10 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

I believe Isaiah Oliver will take Alford's place real soon! 
He's Quinn's man, and it's my opinion that he was chosen in the draft to do just that! 
If I'm not mistaken, Oliver came in today when Alford was benched, late in the game, so that says a LOT to me!  

9 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Alfords style doesn't mesh well with no safety help. He's a gambler like Asante Samuel was. If you dont trust your help you cant play your game. 

The difference is Samuel could single handedly win a game for you. Not to mention regularly turn in 5+ int seasons