WhenFalconsWin

***Official Falcons @ Packers In-Game Thread***

1,772 posts in this topic

Just now, HMFIC said:

You answered your on question. There are more people in the world than in the U.S. and they did not grow up playing baseball and football, just like most of us didn't grow up playing Soccer that much.  Of course the rest of the world prefers Soccer for that reason.  In the U.S , people prefer football and baseball or basketball, that's why Soccer is stupid to most of us.  The core of the Soccer fans in Atlanta are from other countries or the Northeast.

Nothing wrong with that though and Soccer is ok it's a hard sport to play and takes a ton of talent.  I would honestly say they have better conditioning than possibly every other team sport in the world.  Im just a sports fan in general and don't consider any sport really dumb as long as it's competitive and can be exciting at times.  The hardest 2 sports for me to watch are probably Golf and Tennis and i actually like playing golf i just hate watching it XD    If you consider Nascar a sport then thats the one i personally hate and would consider stupid thats american based. Not sure if it's a sport or not though thats up for debate i guess.

PokerSteve likes this

2 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

You think I'm in the minority huh? Lol try having a conversation with fans outside the team and see what they think. No one without any allegiance to the falcons is impressed with this noodle arm choker. Not saying he isn't good he's just not worth everything put in place to help him succeed. Everything has to be perfect for him.

Matt is overlooked and its not because he is a falcon.

Man, I have to agree with this. The coaching staff needs to realize his weaknesses and work to enhance them and/or mask them in the best way possible. Kyle did this magnificently. I think players, in general, are overrated by fans and not enough credit and focus is placed on sound coaching. The best athlete in the world cannot realize their full potential without sound coaching, especially in a team sport. Ryan is what he is and some Falcons fans need to get over it. He lacks a consistently accurate deep ball. He can't throw the back shoulder pass. He is extremely immobile. He struggles with the fade. Those are his four glaring weaknesses to me. Every once in awhile, he'll get that look in his eyes on the sideline just before kick off. I can't describe it, but if he gets that look, game over. Those are games where he will revert to rookie mistakes, such as staring down WRs.

I'm not a big fan of stats because they do not tell the tale. They do not account for hundreds of factors and variables, which is why some new metric or category comes out every few years. The ole eye test beats stats imho. 

Ryan is a good QB, but he is not elite (if you believe in that concept in a team game). I am glad the comparisons to Brady have subsided. That started to get ridiculous. 

Raiders in a close one against Steelers and then 9ers are easily handling Denver ... Falcons play their cards right they could get a Top 2 pick!

3 hours ago, JG2008 said:

The current Falcons definitely look like a 4-8 team. Un-Prepared, Un-Focused and just plain bad

We are who we look like we are ~ a bottom-feeder team ready to pick very high in the draft.

Yeah this year it will be easy to know who the Falcons are going to pick in the draft. It will be the players crying the most. As they won't be happy coming to play for Atlanta. 

49 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

Man, I have to agree with this. The coaching staff needs to realize his weaknesses and work to enhance them and/or mask them in the best way possible. Kyle did this magnificently. I think players, in general, are overrated by fans and not enough credit and focus is placed on sound coaching. The best athlete in the world cannot realize their full potential without sound coaching, especially in a team sport. Ryan is what he is and some Falcons fans need to get over it. He lacks a consistently accurate deep ball. He can't throw the back shoulder pass. He is extremely immobile. He struggles with the fade. Those are his four glaring weaknesses to me. Every once in awhile, he'll get that look in his eyes on the sideline just before kick off. I can't describe it, but if he gets that look, game over. Those are games where he will revert to rookie mistakes, such as staring down WRs.

I'm not a big fan of stats because they do not tell the tale. They do not account for hundreds of factors and variables, which is why some new metric or category comes out every few years. The ole eye test beats stats imho. 

Ryan is a good QB, but he is not elite (if you believe in that concept in a team game). I am glad the comparisons to Brady have subsided. That started to get ridiculous. 

Excellent post. I really can’t see how anyone could disagree with this. Nobody really bats an eye at Ryans bulk yardage stats except the you know who’s. Ryan has done good things for this franchise and we’ll remember him as a good falcons QB while those outside will permenently etch 28-3 by his name. He’s running out of time to soften that blow to his legacy and this franchise..his arm could very well cause a very quick and sharp decline.

Halcon-1 likes this

2 hours ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

Waaaaaaaayyy back in the day we could give negs...  I wish they would let us start doing that again :(

I remember that but dizzam -124? Must hv pizzed off a lot of people lololol

1 minute ago, The Vent King said:

I remember that but dizzam -124? Must hv pizzed off a lot of people lololol

Na  .... one stupid post could net you -100 easy the most of the trolls were in the negative thousands. But in today's SJW feel good world we wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so there are only up votes... Still I would give DQ a 10 year contract extension if we could get the negs back...  

The Vent King likes this

1 hour ago, Halcon-1 said:

Every once in awhile, he'll get that look in his eyes on the sideline just before kick off. I can't describe it, but if he gets that look, game over. Those are games where he will revert to rookie mistakes, such as staring down WRs.

I was telling my pops this last time we played the Aints. Right after Breezy and company marched down the field and scored on their first possession, the camera cut to Ryan on the sideline getting ready to put his helmet on and you could see Ryan with that *sigh* look while exhaling with his lips flapping. I told my pops as soon as I saw him doing that we were going to lose. I want that “Get f-ing SET!!” Matt Ryan not that look I saw that Aints game bruh

Edited by The Vent King
Halcon-1 likes this

Matt Ryan pretty much has to be perfect for us to win. That is a complete BS way to build a team. Every QB has off games and off plays. Our Defense and OC should be able to adjust so Ryan doesn;t have to be perfect each game

1 hour ago, The Vent King said:

I was telling my pops this last time we played the Aints. Right after Breezy and company marched down the field and scored on their first possession, the camera cut to Ryan on the sideline getting ready to put his helmet on and you could see Ryan with that *sigh* look while exhaling with his lips flapping. I told my pops as soon as I saw him doing that we were going to lose. I want that “Get f-ing SET!!” Matt Ryan not that look I saw that Aints game bruh

A f'n men!

47 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

No, Matt doesn't have to be "Perfect",  He just has to have a decent running game, and an O lIne that keeps him erect long enough to make his second and third reads, like most all successful QBs.

Fixed it for you.

Chicago Bears showing world that old school DEFENSE is back.

With elite trenches on both sides 

You could win ugly or win big. Period!

They dont have a single player on offense whos in top 10 or  top 15 but yet, all opponents are intimidated by them.

Look at L.A RAMS .....they are playing sooo scared.

Bears are destroying them in trenches even with key personnel out from game.

We should have gone and picked Vic Fangio from 49ers as our D.C

Hes the main reason their defense has turned around...and are serious playoffs contenders.

41 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Chicago Bears showing world that old school DEFENSE is back.

With elite trenches on both sides 

You could win ugly or win big. Period!

They dont have a single player on offense whos in top 10 or  top 15 but yet, all opponents are intimidated by them.

Look at L.A RAMS .....they are playing sooo scared.

Bears are destroying them in trenches even with key personnel out from game.

We should have gone and picked Vic Fangio from 49ers as our D.C

Hes the main reason their defense has turned around...and are serious playoffs contenders.

What key personnel were the Bears missing? They had all their starters on both sides of the ball.

8 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

What key personnel were the Bears missing? They had all their starters on both sides of the ball.

Bryce Callahan CB & Floyd went out early with injuries. 

Had they been present entire game...Rams Goff would have been put away in ashes! 

17 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Congrats on the Falcons hitting the 20 point mark for the first time in 5 games...:lol:

Garbage-time stats for the win!! :slick:

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Garbage-time stats for the win!! :slick:

On side note: how many shoot ourselves in the foot points have we left in the redzone during the last month or so? Amazing how inept/mistakes the offense has been/committed lately.

I mean in the realm of three stooges/Keystone cops realm.

If I want comedy I watch the Falcons on a Sunday afternoon.

PokerSteve likes this

10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

On side note: how many shoot ourselves in the foot points have we left in the redzone during the last month or so? Amazing how inept/mistakes the offense has been/committed lately.

I mean in the realm of three stooges/Keystone cops realm.

If I want comedy I watch the Falcons on a Sunday afternoon.

I swear to gawd I believe things would not have been as bad if we didn't even have a HC, coordinators or coaches and the players just winged it on their own. Our leadership is our Achilles Heel.