WhenFalconsWin

***Official Falcons @ Packers In-Game Thread***

1,772 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Ryan isn't perfect but the problems are way bigger than what's under center. I will keep saying this...way worse QBs have won super bowls. 

Well, not with this team. It starts with who's under QB. He's the constant denominator. He's been here since everyone else has left or gotten fired.

rogueleadersf likes this

Just now, NCFalconfan said:

Two weeks ago I benched Ryan and started Brees on my fantasy team. I'd like to think that I have had a hand in the Saints offense falling off a cliff.

I'm even worse. My fantasy teams get hit by a mortar. I once thought of drafting all saints players just to test the curse theory but then i thought let the Falcons earn it. Whoops.

5 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Unfortunately? Let's trade Matt and see what happens

Dude, these young mobile QB's(mobile not running) are taking over the league. But keep the faith.

Edited by zekeyboy1
Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

People can keep blaming the players all they want. This thing was just poorly coached. Only reason we got to the Superbowl in 2016 was because we had one good coach that could coach offense and teach the little things. 

Been saying it for a couple of years. The coach that got us to the SB is in SF now.

R_The_Great and Pacific_Falcon like this

2 minutes ago, ant.accurate said:

Remember Philbin is calling plays for the first time in his entire coaching career, if that’s not a strategic disadvantage I don’t know what is.

You do know he coached the Dolphins right?  Head coach that is

rogueleadersf likes this

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/6242244-buccaneers-defense-has-shown-a-huge-improvement-since-firing-mike-smith

Buccaneers Defense Has Shown a Huge Improvement Since Firing Mike Smith

Dan O'Shea

08 DEC 2018

The Buccaneers have turned it around this season, sort of. Despite the talent they have on the offensive side of the ball, it's the defense who deserves the credit.

While this team hasn't been able to figure out who should play quarterback on a weekly basis, this team has figured it out on defense thanks to the changing of the guard. Since Mike Smith's departure, this unit has improved vastly.

Under new defensive coordinator Maker Duffner, Tampa has had an incredible turn around defensively.

Firing Mike Smith and promoting Mark Duffner to DC was the right call for the #Bucs. The turnaround of Tampa Bay's defense has been stunning:https://www.pewterreport.com/srs-fab-5-bucs-should-re-sign-humphries-nassib-duffner-helping-defense/3 …

Would you believe it if I said Tampa was one of the best defenses in the league under Duffner? It sounds absurd, but it's true.

Since Duffner took over in Week 7, Tampa has only allowed 16 points per game and have done an incredible job harassing the quarterback. They've had 20 sacks since the take over as opposed to the nine under Smith, which is second best in the NFL over that span. They're also 12th in total yards and fifth in third-down defense as Duffner's ability to mix up schemes has worked wonders for this group.

The craziest part about this is that Duffner doesn't even have his full squad. Lavonte David, Kwan Alexander, and Justin Evans have all dealt with injuries. Imagine how much better they'd be with some of their best players in the lineup.

This season is far from salvageable for the Buccaneers but it could make them a force heading into next year.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Just another sign of that trademark Quinn softness.

#Quinning

Yeah, that one has been with for a long time.  Remember how it was Vick's kryptonite? I never forget a playoff game in Chicago, we were defeated before the game started. 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

Just now, octoslash said:

After he got pulled down off that lineman he turned around and hit a Packer in the head.

Just the pure fact that he struck the wrong person first is laughable. He really ain’t bout that life. He just got emotional 

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, NCFalconfan said:

Been saying it for a couple of years. The coach that got us to the SB is in SF now.

To be fair, he's also the coach that lost us the SB....but I get your point.

1 minute ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

I'm even worse. My fantasy teams get hit by a mortar. I once thought of drafting all saints players just to test the curse theory but then i thought let the Falcons earn it. Whoops.

Brees sucked just as bad as Ryan last week (and this week too?)

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Just the pure fact that he struck the wrong person first is laughable. He really ain’t bout that life. He just got emotional 

I was very surprised to see him come in there and land on that lineman lol.  

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

Finally someone who is man enough and has the B***** to admit it.  Why can't we think like Atlanta United and realize that it takes GOOD players and GOOD coaching to win a championship.  Why do we give terrible coaches and players a by pass because they are nice guys?  I am so sick of this attitude the fan base has over the Falcons. 

2 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/6242244-buccaneers-defense-has-shown-a-huge-improvement-since-firing-mike-smith

Buccaneers Defense Has Shown a Huge Improvement Since Firing Mike Smith

Dan O'Shea

08 DEC 2018

The Buccaneers have turned it around this season, sort of. Despite the talent they have on the offensive side of the ball, it's the defense who deserves the credit.

While this team hasn't been able to figure out who should play quarterback on a weekly basis, this team has figured it out on defense thanks to the changing of the guard. Since Mike Smith's departure, this unit has improved vastly.

Under new defensive coordinator Maker Duffner, Tampa has had an incredible turn around defensively.

Firing Mike Smith and promoting Mark Duffner to DC was the right call for the #Bucs. The turnaround of Tampa Bay's defense has been stunning:https://www.pewterreport.com/srs-fab-5-bucs-should-re-sign-humphries-nassib-duffner-helping-defense/3 …

Would you believe it if I said Tampa was one of the best defenses in the league under Duffner? It sounds absurd, but it's true.

Since Duffner took over in Week 7, Tampa has only allowed 16 points per game and have done an incredible job harassing the quarterback. They've had 20 sacks since the take over as opposed to the nine under Smith, which is second best in the NFL over that span. They're also 12th in total yards and fifth in third-down defense as Duffner's ability to mix up schemes has worked wonders for this group.

The craziest part about this is that Duffner doesn't even have his full squad. Lavonte David, Kwan Alexander, and Justin Evans have all dealt with injuries. Imagine how much better they'd be with some of their best players in the lineup.

This season is far from salvageable for the Buccaneers but it could make them a force heading into next year.

Held the Saints to only 3 points in the 1st half today.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

It’s like watching a fight at the playground and the shy guy wants to be a part of it

And our biggest badazz is our punter...too bad Bosher couldn't get in on the melee.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, NCFalconfan said:

Its so freaking obvious. Kyle and Matt were a good combo. Good for each other. It's so funny watching Hooper run that same lazy route that Kyle got on his *** about, told him it would be a pick, and it was. People underestimate how important it is teaching the little things like that And how different it can make the result.