WhenFalconsWin

***Official Falcons @ Packers In-Game Thread***

1,779 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, sdogg said:

Quinn is going to lose to 2 intern coaches, both who were HC'ing in their first games. Yeah, let's bring rah rah back. 

Philbin (Sp?) was head coach of the Dolphins for about 5 minutes.

He drafted the QB there now

Greg Williams also has Head Coaching experiences.  He coached the Bills

Just now, octoslash said:

Debo could've been ejected for throwing a punch.  He punched a guy right in the head.

Fing dumb*** 

1 minute ago, crimsonhawk said:

Pfft why? It's not going to impact the game at all, and at least it showed that some Falcons have a pulse. Besides, I LOL'd when that little man jump on the big giant's back.

He doesn't do that WWE crap, we back GB up and they may not get any points before the half. Have to be smart and discipline. This lack of discipline is a big reason why we suck. 

rogueleadersf likes this

3 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Glad we called those timeouts for GB on that last drive.

The Falcons look like a expansion team in the first game of the pre-season.... with a rookie head coach.

Every game

6 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

He’s not a solution either. We tried building around him and it has not and most likely will never work. Ryan should be a luxury journeyman QB if that makes any sense lol.

#Truth

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

2 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

You'll get flamed or eventually banned man. Ryan is a sacred cow golden child around here. You'll ruffle feathers and stir up the pitch fork gang with your agenda-driven narrative and rhetoric. The stats clearly show that Ryan is not the problem.

Ryan isn't perfect but the problems are way bigger than what's under center. I will keep saying this...way worse QBs have won super bowls. 

1 minute ago, fuego said:

That's because playing bad comes so natural. 

Playing outdoors and in the cold as well.  I cringe wverytime we go outdoors in a cold weather city.  We melt like marshmallows. 

Remember Philbin is calling plays for the first time in his entire coaching career, if that’s not a strategic disadvantage I don’t know what is.

People can keep blaming the players all they want. This team is just poorly coached. Only reason we got to the Superbowl in 2016 was because we had one good coach that could coach offense and teach the little things. 

Edited by THEHEADCOACH
mqg96 and NCFalconfan like this

Just a %#?@ show....

Got lucky on two calls on first drive

DQ kicks a FG from 53 even thoughbeveryone innthe building saw pregame Bryant couldn’t kick further than 48-49...

Pick six play was predictable short passing routes on 3rd down with nothing stretching the field vertical

Defense is making plays when they blitz, funny how that works, but then playing soft at times

DQ calls a TO for GB so clock doesn’t start? I just don’t get it

Another interim coach seems to be more prepared than DQ

1st round WR in Ridley playing like an UDFA...2 drops, bad route

The fight at the end? Neasman, as if he is done all world beater getting in the face of Poole which somehow leads to DJ45 jumping a pile? He should be ejected? Team is so undisciplined

Alford with his usual 1-2 penalties a game. He’s gotta be the most penalized DB in league?

Still some issues with OL...but I’m not convinced the playcalling sucks more on the run plays

And the best part...I don’t care anymore, because every loss puts us closer to a STUD DL prospect this year

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Funny how Bucs had the worst D in the league under Smitty and now have one of the best after firing him. Hmmmm

Really starts to make you think about who's doing the hiring on this team to "fix the defense" doesn't it?

4 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Quinn is going to lose to 2 intern coaches, both who were HC'ing in their first games. Yeah, let's bring rah rah back. 

That's bad enough but he constantly commits treason by calling timeouts that help the other team. There is a laundry list of reasons why DQ should be replaced but i can not believe we have a coach that helps the other teams as much as our does. Never mind the fact he NEVER bothers to argue his points with the refs when they make a bad call....doesn't matter how badly they screw us, he just sits there and takes it. It's almost as if he wants to lose. 

Edited by diehardfalconsfan
sdogg likes this

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Playing outdoors and in the cold as well.  I cringe wverytime we go outdoors in a cold weather city.  We melt like marshmallows. 

Just another sign of that trademark Quinn softness.

#Quinning

Rgunzz likes this

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Philbin (Sp?) was head coach of the Dolphins for about 5 minutes.

He drafted the QB there now

Greg Williams also has Head Coaching experiences.  He coached the Bills

Yeah, they drafted Tannehill when he was Dolphins coach because Dolphins OC was Texas A&M OC when Tannehill was QB there. But that hasn't worked out for them because Tannehill is garbage when he plays and hurt when he doesn't play.

VTCrunkler likes this

Just now, sdogg said:

He doesn't do that WWE crap, we back GB up and they may not get any points before the half. Have to be smart and discipline. This lack of discipline is a big reason why we suck. 

In a close game, with the playoffs on the line, I'd be right there with you.....this is a loss and it means nothing, so I don't mind it, especially when no one else is showing much heart.