" It's not about the Quarterback and Head Coach " Winston Moss

Spts1

I wanted to shed a tear.  On the Fox NFL Kickoff show he is being interviewed.  He is being bombarded with questions by Dave Wannstedt, Colin Cowherd, Tony Gonzalez and Clarrisa Thompson about what happened between Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers.  I mean they are GRILLING him trying to get a hot take.  He finally admitted that Rodgers had been given too much latitude in the organization and that any new head coach coming in will have to be sensitive to Rodgers being the centerpiece of the organization. 

He then closed out the interview by putting two championship rings on the table.  One was from a college football national championship.  He pointed out that a defensive back made the play to win the game.  The other was a Packers championship ring from 2010.  He then LOOSELY said that " we had a great running game, great receivers, great quarterback and a great defense.   Its not about the quarterback and headcoach. " He then reiterated that the Packers have slipped from that and got comfortable and made Rodgers the focus instead of the team...  LESSON LEARNED...

Related image

Edited by slickgadawg

Ryan is rather humble relative to Rodgers - you barely ever see him in commercials and he never really seems to demote any specific people in his responses to questions (will criticize himself or the team overall instead).  He actually probably hurts himself somewhat because if he promoted himself more, he would get more recognition as a top QB.

He is a lot like Murphy was with the Braves in the 80's.  He was the best player in baseball from 1982-1987 but was not a showboat and now does not get the recognition he deserves.

21 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Ryan is rather humble relative to Rodgers - you barely ever see him in commercials and he never really seems to demote any specific people in his responses to questions (will criticize himself or the team overall instead).  He actually probably hurts himself somewhat because if he promoted himself more, he would get more recognition as a top QB.

He is a lot like Murphy was with the Braves in the 80's.  He was the best player in baseball from 1982-1987 but was not a showboat and now does not get the recognition he deserves.

Thats true but I think the problem with Rodgers is more to do with what he does INSIDE the organization vs outside of it...  Ryan is a excellent teammate. Rodgers I'm hearing is not...