Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AF89

Let's Repeat- Offseason to CONCACAF thread

38 posts in this topic

Maybe we'll still sign him but word is we're ghosting Schelotto even tho he really wants to come here. Perhaps they didn't like what they saw when they got a closer look.

Whelp this one is growing legs

For the record it appears every club job he's ever had....ended pretty poorly (Very successful run before being chased out of Ajax, didn't even last a year with Inter OR Palace) :ninja:

This came out of nowhere....I thought for sure we were going south American route no matter what...then all of a sudden Puyol who has no coaching experience. Now De Boer? I didnt think we were going the Europe route. I'm conflicted. I hope we keep bringing in young south American talent 

1 hour ago, Aston Villa FC said:

This came out of nowhere....I thought for sure we were going south American route no matter what...then all of a sudden Puyol who has no coaching experience. Now De Boer? I didnt think we were going the Europe route. I'm conflicted. I hope we keep bringing in young south American talent 

I'm told de Boer speaks fluid Spanish (former Barca player) (as does Puyol obviously)

The more I read I'm talking myself into it. Hopefully he hires good assistants but this should continue a European attention to detail we saw with Tata.

Bobby Boswell who was with us for a short period last year but never really played had a series of tweets during the playoffs esssentially saying he'd be shocked if we didn't win the Cup but more relevantly,  Bosworth who'd been in the league like a decade plus talked extensively how different the Atlanta United training regime was and how much harder tactics were drilled on the training pitch being absolutely different than anything he'd ever seen with an MLS club before (like from day 1 your thrown in the deep end) and a big part of the reason he never got any real playing time was...well in such a short period of time to prepare he simply couldn't raise himself to the minimum standard the coaching staff demanded of each of their players  to grab significant minutes (mind you he was describing this as a positive thing)

That was the kind of stuff I think a lot of people probably missed about Tata, it wasn't just the flashy resume and a South American pipeline he brought, but a first class managerial style.  Some MLS clubs probably more resemble their NCAA little cousins than what's going on in Europe in terms of preparation and training. We were run on another level.

De Boer doesn't have to be Pep Guardiola or whatever but I do hope he picks up where Tata and co. left off

If you haven't heard, we're signing Brek Shea as a utility player

For those of you unfamiliar with USMNT, imagine if a kid rock tattoo played soccer :ninja:

What loudmouth in TATF was claiming Atlanta United couldn't even beat European academy teams again?:rolleyes: (yes I know it's Fussball but I think the point has been proven)

The new schedule format is really going to test ours and many other teams endurance

(lol they put Atlanta in Georgia the country)