SkerFalcon8710

Atlanta United MLS Cup champions

256 posts in this topic

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TEAM NAME .

UNITED WE STAND...

UNITED WE CONQUER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETSSSS GO00000000000OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A championship was won by the host team of the NFL SuperBowl, for the first time ever.  Congrats Atlanta United on making it come true!  The true heros!

octoslash likes this

16 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

At least when Untited hits tough times fans will have a championship to comfort them and a winning history to start the franchise. Falcons and Hawks only have a history of losing and choking and the Braves lone championship is diminished with more than a dozen post season choke jobs.

I'd be more than happy to ship the Hawks, Falcons and Braves to other cities and let them deal with these historically bad teams.

I do agree with you. The championship would definitely be comfort on a cold night...

ratesforless likes this

46 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

That's what United fans look like every time they play in MBS. It took us going to the SB for our "fans" to show up. This goes back to my original point. Our fans only show up when the team is winning. Maybe if we had a legit home field advantage that would lead to an extra win or two.

For the 1000th time, our die hards are UGA fans. We took over South Bend. We lit up the Rose Bowl. We crashed the stub hub servers when we found out we were going. We.spend.insane.money.for.the.Dawgs.

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Definitely. Could do without all the guys laying around acting hurt, but those 95 minutes flew by.

That's strategy. I wish more NFL Players did it. Especially when you are hit out of bounds, but try to be Macho Man about it. Fall down, and get the extra 15 for the team.

14 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

73,000 plus in attendance tonight says otherwise!!

No need to explain. Some people don't understand sports that they're not used to. I've always been amazed by how these guys can move the ball with using their hands. Almiron makes moves that people can't do with their hands.

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Definitely. Could do without all the guys laying around acting hurt, but those 95 minutes flew by.

Helps that the clock runs nonstop no matter what happens and you don't have an hour's worth of commercials to deal with. That's the only issue I have with football sometimes. The clock stops for every little teeny tiny thing and then don't get me started on commercials!!!

PokerSteve and AF89 like this

17 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

For the 1000th time, our die hards are UGA fans. We took over South Bend. We lit up the Rose Bowl. We crashed the stub hub servers when we found out we were going. We.spend.insane.money.for.the.Dawgs.

Aint fans can get behind both the Aints and LSU.

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Helps that the clock runs nonstop no matter what happens and you don't have an hour's worth of commercials to deal with. That's the only issue I have with football sometimes. The clock stops for every little teeny tiny thing and then don't get me started on commercials!!!

You ain't lying. Read something a whole ago that was saying if you only counted the time while the ball is in play,  the average NFL game really only has like 8 minutes total of actual action. 

Edited by RubberDucky

I was there tonight, and you could feel the tension after the second goal, with everyone thinking ‘here it comes’. . . But the United closed it out like it was another day at the office.  Around the 88th minute the stadium got rowdy again as it dawned on all of us that they weren’t going to blow it

38 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

No need to explain. Some people don't understand sports that they're not used to. I've always been amazed by how these guys can move the ball with(out) using their hands. Almiron makes moves that people can't do with their hands.

they really put basketball players who miss free throws to shame. Right in front of the basket, uncontested shot ... miss

Faithful Falcon likes this

37 minutes ago, sandtrap said:

What a game. What a team. 

I don't know this man in person but it warms my heart to see him finally get a championship. 

Broke the record for attendance at an MLS game 70k+.USATSI_10283949.jpg?HROAZwwnoJRFLvJ4nXtd

1544328614470_Soc_MLS_16-9_15301881_1911

Makes me happy to see him get one. Couldn't care less about soccer but I'm happy for the old man.

Mr.Blank likes this

1 hour ago, RubberDucky said:

You ain't lying. Read something a whole ago that was saying if you only counted the time while the ball is in play,  the average NFL game really only has like 8 minutes total of actual action. 

Makes sense. Average amount of plays in a game is 120 plays combined, and each play is like 5 seconds on average. That equates to around 10 minutes. 

41 minutes ago, HotLantaFalcon said:

they really put basketball players who miss free throws to shame. Right in front of the basket, uncontested shot ... miss

That is something I'll never understand. How players make it to the NBA and can't make free throws.

You mean its possible the best collection of talent in a league: (1) is very well coached, (2) peaks in the playoffs, (3) lays down a "never in doubt" championship game, and (3) calls Atlanta home?!?!

Dan, play that video for the Falcons!  Seize the moment?  Indeed!

Lot's of questions about AU's tomorrow. Tonight, it doesn't freakin' matter. They have their championship!!

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

73,000 plus in attendance tonight says otherwise!!

Yep. This is legit. Dude’s like him are Larry. This is huge!! Dancing in the streets tonight!!  I hate... seriously hate the just pure Falcon fans. Folks that aren’t about Atlanta sports. About the city. My home. I don’t want them around quite honestly. 

Celebrating a championship at home was special. Glad I could be there. United dominated and I didn't feel at any point that it would slip away. I was waiting for a 3rd and 4th goal more than a Portland goal. That's how it's done. 

The rain, wind, and cold killed would would have been a crazy party in the streets of downtown. 

Edited by ParanoidAndroid

1 hour ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

I was there tonight, and you could feel the tension after the second goal, with everyone thinking ‘here it comes’. . . But the United closed it out like it was another day at the office.  Around the 88th minute the stadium got rowdy again as it dawned on all of us that they weren’t going to blow it

Being there, was it a better atmosphere than Falcon games?  I was really surprised on how passionate fans are about soccer.  It was my first game watching on tv and all I cared about was seeing Blank get a smile on his face