SkerFalcon8710

Atlanta United MLS Cup champions

256 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, AvidFalconFan said:

The average ticket price to attend the kick ball game is around 20.00 - 225.00 per game. 

The average price for Real football is 55.00 - 385.00 per game plus a psl fee to buy the season tickets of 500.00 - 45,000. These numbers are not exact.

When AB decided to sell the Falcons tickets for MB stadium the longtime season ticket holders were priced out and sold to corporations. Now the owners of these tickets do not really care thus the seats are empty but AB already has his money . 

This new stadium basically destroyed any home field advantage for the Falcons. It's now mostly corporate owned.  The diehard Falcon fans were stuck with buying upper level tickets with a 500.00 PSL fee. + ticket cost. The corporate seats are empty or the ones who attend don't really care and are at all the bars drinking and not in their seats. 

Arthur got his money and the real football fans got screwed in the process. 

Its not fair but the NFL is all about the money.

Basically what I said above, but yes.  Easy to set attendance records when you price gouge your longtime fanbase to build a new stadium, where you can cram in tons of fans for pennies on the dollar to see a team in a comparatively underfunded league, where you can have success by throwing money at staff and players from day 1. 

Also, the gameday branding being easy to copy from places like Seattle and Portland helps when your city is already larger and your target audience wasn't around for much of the city's sports history.  Too bad a soccer championship just doesn't mean as much to most of the population, especially anyone that's lived here more than 10 years.

12 hours ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Cute.  You realize that about 75% of Atlanta fans who went to MBS saw a United game, right?

Thank the Falcons PSL holders, dumb as they may be, for subsidizing those low, low soccer ticket prices and the stadium's construction.

9 hours ago, stingbee said:

No, he can’t- he is sitting from a basement hitting those keyboards. Soccer players are some of the best athletes in the world for playing a sport on a big field without timeouts or substitution (where you can go in and out). He thinks it is funny because the rest of the world calls it real Football, and American Football as handball... lol  

I've been to a few World Cups, so I know a bit about football.  I simply enjoy riling up all the sensitive kickball fans that get so defensive when you make light of their sport or microwaved championship.

2 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Basically what I said above, but yes.  Easy to set attendance records when you price gouge your longtime fanbase to build a new stadium, where you can cram in tons of fans for pennies on the dollar to see a team in a comparatively underfunded league, where you can have success by throwing money at staff and players from day 1. 

Also, the gameday branding being easy to copy from places like Seattle and Portland helps when your city is already larger and your target audience wasn't around for much of the city's sports history.  Too bad a soccer championship just doesn't mean as much to most of the population, especially anyone that's lived here more than 10 years.

Truth!

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this