Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rightsaidfred

Freeman

18 posts in this topic

I read that Freeman may return vs CAR (wk 15). At this point...... why?  Seems like it makes more sense to just go with what they've got and wait till next year. JMO

2 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

Who ?

Freddie Freeman plays for the Braves.

Hahaha!!!  Saw what you did there. 

But really, Free needs to sit the rest of this season....imo, there's absolutely no reason for him to try to come back!  

Think if he can play he should play, Birds need to know he has still got it and if they need to hang on to Teco. As somebody else said if he plays well might get some interest from a stupid front office or two. 

8 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Think if he can play he should play, Birds need to know he has still got it and if they need to hang on to Teco. As somebody else said if he plays well might get some interest from a stupid front office or two. 

?? Or, if he can still play, maybe the Falcons could...actually keep him 

While I don't care if he goes back on the field, I actually think it'd be best to keep him on the bench.  Our OL has deteriorated to the point where I doubt he'd make much of an impact,  season is done and while Free always runs hard, he doesn't necessarily run smart (inviting unnecessary high impacts and running backwards).  His contract makes it almost certain he will be a bird unless TD goes hard and makes him a post June 1 cut (not happening).  So starting fresh in camp works better imo.

29 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I really don’t understand the mentality from so many posters that Freeman is done. 

Me neither. And for our sake, we better hope he isn't. Without him next Year, we are getting a preview of our run game. Not saying our OL doesn't stink, but there's no question who our best RB is.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

17 hours ago, Steel City Falcon said:

If they play him, it's to prove to other teams that he's healthy. Hopefully, they can trade him and get out from that contract. 

Exactly, don't let him just sit almost all this season and an off season. A few hundred yard games to end the year would do everybody good.