3. Arizona- Greedy Williams CB

4. New York Jets- Josh Allen DE/OLB

5. Buffalo- Dexter Lawrence NT

6. Detroit- Ed Oliver DT

7. New York Giants- Justin Herbert QB

8. Jacksonville- Drew Lock QB

9. Atlanta- ????????

Edited by datchrisb1

Everybody keeps assuming we will finish last in the NFC South behind the Bucs but we have the Packers, Cardinals, Panthers and them to go while they have the Saints, Ravens, Cowboys and us to go (will the last game of the year be the battle for last place?).

I think we will end up ahead of them and more in 12-13 spot where we actually could draft Deandre Baker from UGA.  This would allow us to dump Alford without a second thought as both Baker and Oliver would be around to replace him.

There is not a OT or OG that is going to be available that is ready-to-start in the early draft.  There are DL of interest but we cannot forget Senat is around and have to assume Jarrett will be here even if franchise-tagged.  We will likely need to replace Beasley, but the very fact that he was a top 10 bust has to show we should not overfocus on a single position but instead the best player available.

Edited by jlrfalcon

3 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Order based on power rankings:

1. Oakland- Joey Bosa DE 

2. San Francisco- Quinnen Williams DT

6. Detroit- Ed Oliver DT

9. Atlanta- ????????

How can Oakland draft a player that’s already in their division (Chargers)?

Gary or Simmons 

4 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

1. Oakland- Joey Bosa DE 

6. Detroit- Ed Oliver DT

9. Atlanta- ????????

If it goes down like that I'd probably go either Rashan Gary, Byron Murphy, DeAndre Baker, Clelin Ferrell, Jeffrey Simmons, Greg Little or Jonah Williams based on what we do in free agency. As you can see we don't need to tank to have a shot at a good player.

Nobody loves the draft more than I do.. but it's really sad talking about the draft this early is more fun than wondering if we will make the playoffs or not... :(  But it is a sad fact that we are getting strangled with the heal dust by the better teams ... By saying better,, it's only because they have better coaches and especially OC.... The reason why we are going to miss the playoffs is  because we have a terrible OC... I'm not here to try and get likes of even agrees from any body.. I know what our problem is... so I'm going to put below our greatest needs IMO from most needed to the less needed in order to be a Championship team next year.

1. By far our problem this year is we don't have an OC that knows what's needed to be successful in the NFL.. and basic ly,, its all about  "KISS {keeping it simple stupid}. learn what our team does well, and what plays to keep and witch ones to toss.

2.Then use those plays over and over ,, backward and forward. back to back,, in order to keep the other team guessing ,, The point here is to use those plays we are extremely good at.. SEE the saints... They know this.. we have as much talent as anybody if we only had the right OC. I believe that Quinn is a good HC and a great D# head.. But we are junk this year on O# ,, and to say that with all the talent we have on O# is just sickening ... 

3.We have the players but not the right OC..  Quinn and D is fair,, but our OC is the problem and if that is not changed before next year.... mark it down,, you can forget us ever going back to the playoffs.. Just hope Blank & Co.. can see the truth and get the change made.. It's a must.....

15 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

1. Oakland- Nick Bosa DE 

6. Detroit- Ed Oliver DT

9. Atlanta- ????????

Quinn and TD wil finally select a UGA player high in the draft. The CB.

He's not over 6-feet tall (how Quinn likes his CBs for this scheme), but the value at the position is better than the 4th DT to them.

Its the same priciple for drafting WR Ridley where they did..(and SS Neal for that matter).

(The Jets will not select DE Allen at #4. They will select the next best DT or OT. so, that may mean no Raekwon Davis by the time The Falcons select.)

If The Falcons draft a DT, the pick of DT Senat in the 3rd in the last draft would be a waste.

The future of The NFL: 3 very good CBs. Now, your slot CB is huge.

Those CBs will be: Baker (or Greedy Williams), Oliver, and Trufant.

Combine 40s will cement this thought. They will be depleted at CB iand thier Safeties will be returning from major injuries. Fresh and fast legs and dominate talent at CB will been seen as helping the pash-rush or lack thereof.

Jones is back at MLB. Probably, they will feel that they need a shut-down CB somewhere back there more. If they have 3 good CBs, they can play more man-to-man.

A DT would be better, but this is what I feel will be done under this scenario.

4 minutes ago, Rise said:

Quinn and TD wil finally select a UGA player high in the draft. The CB.

He's not over 6-feet tall (how Quinn likes his CBs for this scheme), but the value at the position is better than the 4th DT to them.

Its the same priciple for drafting WR Ridley where they did..(and SS Neal for that matter).

(The Jets will not select DE Allen at #4. They will select the next best DT or OT. so, that may mean no Raekwon Davis by the time The Falcons select.)

If The Falcons draft a DT, the pick of DT Senat in the 3rd in the last draft would be a waste.

The future of The NFL: 3 very good CBs. Now, your slot CB is huge.

Those CBs will be: Baker (or Greedy Williams), Oliver, and Trufant.

Combine 40s will cement this thought. They will be depleted at CB iand thier Safeties will be returning from major injuries. Fresh and fast legs and dominate talent at CB will been seen as helping the pash-rush or lack thereof.

Jones is back at MLB. Probably, they will feel that they need a shut-down CB somewhere back there more. If they have 3 good CBs, they can play more man-to-man.

A DT would be better, but this is what I feel will be done under this scenario.

No way falcons are going corner in Rd 1. 

23 minutes ago, Vandy said:

No way falcons are going corner in Rd 1. 

The Falcons select pick-value.

The 1st or 2nd rated CB in The Draft (they may run a 4.3-4.4 Combine 40 time) may = a greater "Value" that the 3rd of 4th DT in this draft to them.

People here keep saying that there should be a huge "shake-up" at CB. I wonder, "How do they assume this happens?"

Again, This is how I see The Falcons drafting.

They will re-sign Jarret. They will give Senat a shot at NT after a season.

if drafting Williams or Baker works, Quinn will have 2 young, fast, and good CBs for 3-4 seasons at a cheap price (Oliver being the other one). Plus, this staff do not seem to be good coaches of the secondary. He is a D-Line coach. He will probably feels that he can correct, and "coach-up" lower draft picks at DE and DT, than in the secondary.

Edited by Rise

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

If it goes down like that I'd probably go either Rashan Gary, Byron Murphy, DeAndre Baker, Clelin Ferrell, Jeffrey Simmons, Greg Little or Jonah Williams based on what we do in free agency. As you can see we don't need to tank to have a shot at a good player.

Free Agency? Veteran Guards and maybe an OT. The Falcons may draft a Zone-blocking experienced NCAA OT in the 2nd round.

20 minutes ago, Rise said:

The 1st or 2nd rated CB in The Draft (they may run a 4.3-4.4 Combine 40 time) may = a greater "Value" that the 3rd of 4th DT in this draft to them.

People here keep saying that there should be a huge "shake-up" at CB. I wonder, "How do they assume this happens?"

if drafting Williams or Baker works, Quinn will have 2 young, fast, and good CBs for 3-4 seasons at a cheap price (Oliver being the other one). Plus, this staff do not seem to be good coaches of the secondary. He is a D-Line coach. He will probably feels that he can correct, and "coach-up" lower draft picks at DE and DT, than in the secondary.

A cornerback in the first round would be a wasted opportunity no matter the quality of the pick. Until the pass rush and line are fixed, Deion Sanders himself couldn't help.

9 hours ago, Rise said:

Falcons drafted a corner last year with their 2nd pick. No way are they going there again early in draft with so many obvious holes in their DL, especially with the quality of DL that will be available at their top 15 pick.

You must be a TD hater, as he should and would be fired if he exhibited such incompetence doing what you suggest. 

On 12/8/2018 at 6:32 AM, jlrfalcon said:

Everybody keeps assuming we will finish last in the NFC South behind the Bucs but we have the Packers, Cardinals, Panthers and them to go while they have the Saints, Ravens, Cowboys and us to go (will the last game of the year be the battle for last place?).

I think we will end up ahead of them and more in 12-13 spot where we actually could draft Deandre Baker from UGA.  This would allow us to dump Alford without a second thought as both Baker and Oliver would be around to replace him.

I agree with you on TB. That last game will be for last place.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:02 AM, datchrisb1 said:

1. Oakland- Nick Bosa DE 

6. Detroit- Ed Oliver DT

9. Atlanta- ????????

Looks like San Fran is a lock for #1. Not really any winnable games remaining, while our last game vs TB will likely be for last place, I think they will pick ahead of us after we beat them and maybe GB.

But I also think the Jaguars and Giants have 2 more winnable games and Buffalo has 3 vs teams with 4 wins or less all at home. Us and TB could leap frog all three of them. Looks like there could be 6 or more teams with a 6-win season. That draft spot will be interesting.