Cole World

UGA Pivot Man, Center Lamont Gaillard

6 posts in this topic

Like I mentioned in another thread, my two favorite Offensive lineman in this draft happen to play Center.

I already made a thread on Big E (Elgton Jenkins), so it's only right to shine some light on Lamont Gaillard.

I'm no UGA fan, but Georgia normally produces decent Offensive linemen, especially at the center position (Ben Jones & David Andrews). 

Lamont Gaillard is no early round pick but should get picked between the 5th -7th. A Todd McClure type of pick.

He could sit behind Mack for a year or two and learn.

C Lamont Gaillard

The former 4-star DT prospect made the switch to offense early in his career and has prospered ever since, starting all 28 games the past two years. The 6-2, 295-pounder has a squatty but powerful frame — well suited for the pivot — and shows the necessary power in his base to anchor down against powerful NTs. He’s an effective drive blocker who can generate a push up front while also displaying the quickness and lateral mobility to reach and get to the second level.

One thing I really like about him is his communication skills with fellow linemen, helping to make adjustments and identifying stunts and blitzing LBs. His savvy leadership also helped Fromm last year, making Gaillard a crucial piece up front for the offense. I think his skill set and heady play give him the versatility to play either G or C in the NFL, with the latter probably being his more natural position. He should contend to be one of the first senior centers off the board next April.

@g-dawg and other Georgia fans what is your take on Lamont?

atlbaby, datboilando, oztin and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

Like I mentioned in another thread, my two favorite Offensive lineman in this draft happen to play Center.

I already made a thread on Big E (Elgton Jenkins), so it's only right to shine some light on Lamont Gaillard.

I'm no UGA fan, but Georgia normally produces decent Offensive linemen, especially at the center position (Ben Jones & David Andrews). 

Lamont Gaillard is no early round pick but should get picked between the 5th -7th. A Todd McClure type of pick.

He could sit behind Mack for a year or two and learn.

@g-dawg and other Georgia fans what is your take on Lamont?

Yeah I like Galliard a lot as developmental player.  He was dominated by D’Ron Payne last year in Natty but he shows a lot of promise.   I would consider him in 4th round or later.

atlbaby and Cole World like this