Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

Mel Tucker walks through Colorado facilities

19 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

This is really awesome. I didn’t realize Colorado had facilities like this. Really hoping Mel Tucker kills it out there! I will be pulling for him.

Yeah man. It's really incredible how modern their facilities are... especially when you think about how much of a headache it's been to modernize our own facilities. I'm a Mel Tucker and Colorado fan so long as it isn't impacting us for sure. Would be cool to see him out there wrecking stuff in the Pac12.

Carter likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Weed Tax?

I heard it’s good for business out there! :lol: 

Now that I’m thinking about it though, I wonder how the legality of marijuana in these states impacts student athletes and the substance abuse policy. I could see that being a problem.

g-dawg and putnam6 like this

4 hours ago, Carter said:

This is really awesome. I didn’t realize Colorado had facilities like this. Really hoping Mel Tucker kills it out there! I will be pulling for him.

In college football these days, anybody that wants to be competitive in football at all has great facilities. Northwester for example has a new $260 million facility. 

1 minute ago, frankly88 said:

In college football these days, anybody that wants to be competitive in football at all has great facilities. Northwester for example has a new $260 million facility. 

$260 million??? Holy cow. I bet that is impressive to see. 

It’s just funny to me to see how nice Colorado’s facilities are - and that they have pretty much everything. It was like pulling teeth for us to get our IPF authorized!

fibonaccisquared likes this

31 minutes ago, Carter said:

I heard it’s good for business out there! :lol: 

Now that I’m thinking about it though, I wonder how the legality of marijuana in these states impacts student athletes and the substance abuse policy. I could see that being a problem.

Yeah... As of now it's still prohibited by the NCAA... But I'm unclear on how much, often, or specifically what the have to test for...

1 hour ago, Carter said:

$260 million??? Holy cow. I bet that is impressive to see. 

It’s just funny to me to see how nice Colorado’s facilities are - and that they have pretty much everything. It was like pulling teeth for us to get our IPF authorized!

Them about an IPF: 

giphy.gif

Edited by mike teevee
fibonaccisquared and Carter like this

2 hours ago, richham said:

Boulder has a lot to sell in the community, it's a great place.

just watched that video - very impressive faclities and I know Boulder is a great place - I can see why Mel took the job - just gonna have to put a lot of miles on the plane recruiting.   Colorado needs to find Mel a condo in SoCal that he can stay at for extended recruitin out there.

Carter likes this

I went to Colorado on vacation earlier this year, including the University of Colorado campus. Beautiful campus in an incredible area. Their facilities are nice, plus they've had success in the past, so hopefully Tucker does very well out there. Gary Barnett had some good teams in the early 2000's, although not as good as what they had under Dan McCartney in the late 1980's - early 1990's.

g-dawg and Carter like this

12 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

He just hired Tyson Summers as DC. He hired Jay Johnson as OC.

Wasn't Tyson Bobo's first DC?

I don't think he did that great of a job.

I cant wait for us to build our new stand-alone football operations facility.   It's coming in the next couple years I believe.  

Carter likes this

3 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Wasn't Tyson Bobo's first DC?

I don't think he did that great of a job.

He was and he did ok, he was only there 1 season before Georgia Southern hired him as HC. He was terrible at GSU. Only won 5 games in two years.