Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stizz

Colts' coach comment on Collins may be telling of Falcons

61 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, putnam6 said:

True, but do you draft a CB that doesnt give a shiz about playing football at the 42nd pick?

It’s a risk/reward situation.  That’s for any pick. Just so happened to strike out with Collins

10 hours ago, Jesus said:

He started in the super bowl.

Geez I wonder why. Cmon man 

Sidecar Falcon and Vandy like this

17 hours ago, thanat0s said:

My guess is it's the result of having stripped away all the veteran leadership. We had guys like  Babs, Freeney, Pat D, Tamme, Chester, AC, LaRoy, etc. That's a whole lot of adult voices in the locker room that were shown the door. Almost a carbon copy of our purge after 2012 with the same results.

Agree completely. We had a nice combo of vet leadership sprinkled in with all the young players in 2016. 

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s a risk/reward situation.  That’s for any pick. Just so happened to strike out with Collins

Geez I wonder why. Cmon man 

I understand the risk/reward of drafting, but man the warning signs were all there on Collins. I was shocked when we drafted him that high.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I understand the risk/reward of drafting, but man the warning signs were all there on Collins. I was shocked when we drafted him that high.

When a man looks you in the eyes and gives you his word that his troubles are behind, you most often times take his word. The downside to that is people lie in interviews everyday to get to where they need to be. The signs were there but they trusted his word and were doomed by his actions 

Vandy likes this

On 12/8/2018 at 7:54 AM, ya_boi_j said:

When a man looks you in the eyes and gives you his word that his troubles are behind, you most often times take his word. The downside to that is people lie in interviews everyday to get to where they need to be. The signs were there but they trusted his word and were doomed by his actions 

I get that, and young men can and do grow up and change all the time. I know, because I was one who had to change, and I did. But when a young man who has never shown he could do that, his word only carries so far. I know for a fact Collins drove his college coaches nuts, surely falcons knew that too.

Like you said, they took the chance and it ended badly.

ya_boi_j likes this

26 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I get that, and young men can and do grow up and change all the time. But when a young man who has never shown he could do that, his word only carries so far. I know for a fact Collins drove his college coaches nuts, surely falcons knew that too.

Like you said, they took the chance and it ended badly.

It’s an indictment of the type of man Quinn is. That’s not anything bad though. It’s almost like the Browns keeping Gordon for so long. You want to help the guy but the guy doesn’t want to help himself. After so many tries you just gotta let it go

Vandy likes this

5 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Jalen Ramsey is one of the best corners in the NFL, I am sorry, do you know more about football than him?  Are you studying offenses like he does?  If so, then please play corner for the Falcons because the Falcons need the help.

#DOTTED

And by the way, his response should be on terms of getting banned for calling me names.  Saying I am dumb.

you kind of proved the point, I didn't SAY you were dumb, I ASKED you personally if you were....big difference....and for the record, I do believe that asking for someone else to be banned, is a violation of the CoC which means maybe you should be banned.

as for the Jalen thing, well, honestly, (because I'm honest enough to admit a mistake, unlike you and a lot of other posters here) I read your post as Jalen COLLINS.

but to go ahead and deal with it, exactly how many times has Jalen RAMSEY played against Matt? How many times has he utilized all of that tremendous football IQ studying Matt's game? Once??? bahahahaha....yeah right. his opinion regardless of how highly YOU think of him (remembering James Stone here) doesn't mean a lot.

Now if it were someone from NO, CAR, or TB that had played against Matt a lot, say someone like Aquib Talib, who has a long enough career and enough games against Matt that HIS opinion would matter, then I'd say ok. Oh and on that note, you notice NONE of those guys are making the same idiotic kinds of statements now, are they. So Ramsey's opinion of Matt, matters about as much as your opinion on, well, pretty much anything

Vandy likes this

6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s an indictment of the type of man Quinn is. That’s not anything bad though. It’s almost like the Browns keeping Gordon for so long. You want to help the guy but the guy doesn’t want to help himself. After so many tries you just gotta let it go

That’s a great point. Dangerous for a coach, as a couple of known character-flawed swing and miss draft picks such as Josh Gordon, Lawrence Phillips  R Hageman and Collins et al can get you fired... but great as human beings. 

ya_boi_j and papachaz like this

17 hours ago, Jesus said:

He started in the super bowl.

He started in the Super Bowl because of injuries and was off the team the next season, his career in Atlanta including post season 2 ints and 12 passes defended in a 27 game career. No way no how should this guy been drafted in the 2nd round. Regardless what he does now he two years removed from those heady days, the Falcons could have made a better pick.

5 hours ago, papachaz said:

you kind of proved the point, I didn't SAY you were dumb, I ASKED you personally if you were....big difference....and for the record, I do believe that asking for someone else to be banned, is a violation of the CoC which means maybe you should be banned.

as for the Jalen thing, well, honestly, (because I'm honest enough to admit a mistake, unlike you and a lot of other posters here) I read your post as Jalen COLLINS.

but to go ahead and deal with it, exactly how many times has Jalen RAMSEY played against Matt? How many times has he utilized all of that tremendous football IQ studying Matt's game? Once??? bahahahaha....yeah right. his opinion regardless of how highly YOU think of him (remembering James Stone here) doesn't mean a lot.

Now if it were someone from NO, CAR, or TB that had played against Matt a lot, say someone like Aquib Talib, who has a long enough career and enough games against Matt that HIS opinion would matter, then I'd say ok. Oh and on that note, you notice NONE of those guys are making the same idiotic kinds of statements now, are they. So Ramsey's opinion of Matt, matters about as much as your opinion on, well, pretty much anything

Ok so you think NFL corners NEVER study other QBs and offenses around the league?  Jalen Ramsey NEVER watches Falcon film or understands what they are trying to do?  Yeah, I guess since MY opinion is as good as Ramsey's I should go play corner for the Falcons and shut down QBs all over the NFL.  

You keep bringing up James Stone, at least that guy lasted longer than Joe "Brokeback Mountain" Hawley.  I think Stone still is on someone's roster but either way, Stone produced more than Hawley.