Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stizz

Colts' coach comment on Collins may be telling of Falcons

61 posts in this topic

Regarding Jalen Collins' their DC said: “Yeah, I do see the talent there,” Eberflus explained. “Now, what he has to learn to do is practice the way we practice. The way we practice is full-out. There is walk-through, and then full speed. Then, once you learn to play full speed all the time, that’s practicing our way. I think he’s learning to do that. He’s not there yet, relative to that. But we have a style in which we play, and each player is held to that standard. When he does that, we will see where he is.”

Wonder if that's more of an indictment on Collins or the way Quinn coaches. 

7 minutes ago, stizz said:

Regarding Jalen Collins' their DC said: “Yeah, I do see the talent there,” Eberflus explained. “Now, what he has to learn to do is practice the way we practice. The way we practice is full-out. There is walk-through, and then full speed. Then, once you learn to play full speed all the time, that’s practicing our way. I think he’s learning to do that. He’s not there yet, relative to that. But we have a style in which we play, and each player is held to that standard. When he does that, we will see where he is.”

Wonder if that's more of an indictment on Collins or the way Quinn coaches. 

Judging by how bad we suck at fundamental things like blocking and tackling, I would doubt our practices are all that great.

Just now, PokerSteve said:

Judging by how bad we suck at fundamental things like blocking and tackling, I would doubt our practices are all that great.

Pre-season was a horror show. Guys looked completely unprepared. How can our corners be this bad with the best WR in the league and one of the most physical WRs in the league opposing them in practice? Not enough reps. 

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

No one was complaining about a lot of things, take Alford for example. Now we came back to reality

Well I can't imagine the guys we had in 2016 were THAT much better then they are now.  There is a problem internally on the team that needs to be fixed.  Its more of a belief in the systems problem in my view.  

Beast-N-Da-Sheetz likes this

2 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Well I can't imagine the guys we had in 2016 were THAT much better then they are now.  There is a problem internally on the team that needs to be fixed.  Its more of a belief in the systems problem in my view.  

Or maybe the problem is the systems aren't worthy of belief?

NCFalconfan and Flying Falcon like this

3 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Or maybe the problem is the systems aren't worthy of belief?

I think when you have Takk Mckinley getting on instagram saying how Sark is a problem on offense.  You have an outsider in Jalen Ramsey who says Matt Ryan was only good because of Kyle Shanahan and his scheme.  There is a lot of truth to that. All it takes is one bad apple to ruin the team.  Defense will not try hard if they feel the offense will just lay a duck on the field and vice versa.  One of the hottest teams right now are the Dallas Cowboys because they are producing on both sides of the ball.  

Just now, R_The_Great said:

Defense will not try hard if they feel the offense will just lay a duck on the field and vice versa.  One of the hottest teams right now are the Dallas Cowboys because they are producing on both sides of the ball.  

If anything, it would be the offense that could have that gripe about the defense, not the other way around.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The same systems got us to the super bowl and should have won it.... I'd say the systems are ok.

Is it factual identical that Sark is running the same system as Kyle Shanahan?  Is it fact that Manuel is running the same system Quinn ran in 2016?

8 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Is it factual identical that Sark is running the same system as Kyle Shanahan?  Is it fact that Manuel is running the same system Quinn ran in 2016?

It's a fact Manuel is running the same defense as last year that produced a top 10 finish so....

There's someone on this thread (guess) who hates Sark like cray cray. He can't ever bring out a good conservation without mentioning Sark. I don't like Sark either but Jesus give it a rest lmao. 

OilFuturesTrader19 likes this

41 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

No one was complaining about a lot of things, take Alford for example. Now we came back to reality

We never had to complain about our D in our Super Bowl run because of our high powered offense, simple as that. We had a historical offense that covered our mediocre bend don't break defense. Since we no longer have that high powered offense, other teams just play time of possession running the ball on our D instead of always throwing the ball playing catch up, and our defense gets ran over by big backs and big offensive linemen. 

red falcon likes this

40 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

You're right. The system is broken and the goobers running around in it look lost.

46 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The same systems got us to the super bowl and should have won it.... I'd say the systems are ok.

Hope our offense scored enough to mask how little and unphysical our defense is? Lol 

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

I think when you have Takk Mckinley getting on instagram saying how Sark is a problem on offense.  You have an outsider in Jalen Ramsey who says Matt Ryan was only good because of Kyle Shanahan and his scheme.  There is a lot of truth to that. All it takes is one bad apple to ruin the team.  Defense will not try hard if they feel the offense will just lay a duck on the field and vice versa.  One of the hottest teams right now are the Dallas Cowboys because they are producing on both sides of the ball.  

I'd say Takk and Jalen need to STFU and worry about there own games then throwing shade on social media.Ramsey now sounds like a fool calling people out and now his team eating it.

You noticed ever since Takk opened his mouth a month ago on thee above how his play has dipped.

Combinations is the key there are some key spots where the injuries have really hurt us.Take oline for example in 2016 that unit played the whole year together and performed.Since then we've been patchwork and here in lies where we are seeing alot of variance in performance.

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I'd say Takk and Jalen need to STFU and worry about there own games then throwing shade on social media.Ramsey now sounds like a fool calling people out and now his team eating it.

You noticed ever since Takk opened his mouth a month ago on thee above how his play has dipped.

Combinations is the key there are some key spots where the injuries have really hurt us.Take oline for example in 2016 that unit played the whole year together and performed.Since then we've been patchwork and here in lies where we are seeing alot of variance in performance.

Personally, I don't think a players words has anything to do with their performance. Makes them look bad when they don't shell out the same production but their words don't really mean much at all

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Personally, I don't think a players words has anything to do with their performance. Makes them look bad when they don't shell out the same production but their words don't really mean much at all

I think they need to do there talking between the lines.

All this other stuff off the field to me is pointless waste of time.

Thats why I'm a huge fan of our guy Julio Jones he does his job then shakes hands after.

Vandy likes this

My guess is it's the result of having stripped away all the veteran leadership. We had guys like  Babs, Freeney, Pat D, Tamme, Chester, AC, LaRoy, etc. That's a whole lot of adult voices in the locker room that were shown the door. Almost a carbon copy of our purge after 2012 with the same results.

Vandy and HouseofEuphoria like this

yea from what i heard we practice fast..... Thats more about Collins laid back to comfortable issues.... He is ultyra talented but he seem to get lazy because he is ultra talented.... Complacent  

Francis York Morgan likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

It's a fact Manuel is running the same defense as last year that produced a top 10 finish so....

But according to metrics like DVOA, the Falcons defense last year was bottom tier.

PokerSteve and high impact like this

50 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think they need to do there talking between the lines.

All this other stuff off the field to me is pointless waste of time.

Thats why I'm a huge fan of our guy Julio Jones he does his job then shakes hands after.

Trash talk is part of the game man. They talk during and outside of the game. It's the nature of it.