Jump to content

GT new coach is.....


wartownfalcon
 Share

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I don’t get why coaches have to talk **** about UGA when they get hired.  Champ, Mullen’s, and now Collins.  Comes off as a sign of weakness to me.

If anything, it just further elevates the UGA program.  We are the measuring stick for other programs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I don’t get why coaches have to talk **** about UGA when they get hired.  Champ, Mullen’s, and now Collins.  Comes off as a sign of weakness to me.

His comments are moronic.  Top 15 public school degrees matter a lot.  It just shows how impt we are to those programs.  We dont see them the same way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

His comments are moronic.  Top 15 public school degrees matter a lot.  It just shows how impt we are to those programs.  We dont see them the same way. 

He knows the nerds eat it up. But the funny thing is he’s not recruiting against us. He’s recruiting against schools like Duke, Virginia, Vanderbilt. :shrug:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2018 at 11:10 AM, Carter said:

He knows the nerds eat it up. But the funny thing is he’s not recruiting against us. He’s recruiting against schools like Duke, Virginia, Vanderbilt. :shrug:

yeah he won't be competing with us for top players that we want.  it will take 3 years for him to change out his personnel and frankly he has shown nothing as a head coach for this to be even considered a good hire.  he was at temple that was turned around by the coaches before him.  he has a lot to prove for anyone to believe he is a good head coach.  i really thought they were going to hire tony elliot after whisenhunt turned them down..  i do like it for collin's sake that he was given a 7 year deal.. it will take him a while (3 years minimum) to turn around that roster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

collins was 15-10 at temple.. really?  they couldn't do better than that.. come on GT you had a guy who people have called brilliant in tony elliot.  heck i am sure they could have went after norvell.  

He was cheap. He reportedly got less than Paul Johnson was making. They also stressed their desire to hire someone that wouldnt leave. Tech was afraid Norvell or some other candidate would bolt after some success. Collins really is getting a long term deal, hes the man in Atlanta no matter what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

He was cheap. He reportedly got less than Paul Johnson was making. They also stressed their desire to hire someone that wouldnt leave. Tech was afraid Norvell or some other candidate would bolt after some success. Collins really is getting a long term deal, hes the man in Atlanta no matter what happens.

Let them get blown out by UGA 3 or 4 more times in a row and I bet that deal starts getting a lot shorter.

Otherwise they’re just accepting that they will be mediocre and hope for bowl games and football will simply be a means for extra revenue that they don’t really care about....... which is pretty much what it is anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

collins was 15-10 at temple.. really?  they couldn't do better than that.. come on GT you had a guy who people have called brilliant in tony elliot.  heck i am sure they could have went after norvell.  

Correct... After they had gone 20-8 the previous two seasons of I'm not mistaken. 

Ultimately, they are committing to changing their roster and this is how they're going about it. And maybe they get lucky and he pans out as a good coach. He was smart to force a seven year contract, but curious on the buyout. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Correct... After they had gone 20-8 the previous two seasons of I'm not mistaken. 

Ultimately, they are committing to changing their roster and this is how they're going about it. And maybe they get lucky and he pans out as a good coach. He was smart to force a seven year contract, but curious on the buyout. 

Yes, Matt Rhule produced two 10 win seasons. They were 20-7 but you're close enough. Collins went 7-6 and 8-4. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seriously though, I like it when Tech is better. Romping them Techsters doesnt sting them as much as a close loss.  If I am honest I like it when when all of UGA's rivals are better competition. #1 makes for great games the whole season long #2 think its how UGA gets over that championship hump, still think they play some if not most games tough for awhile and then coast. leaning on talent and depth. Which is great, but it doesnt prepare you for Bama or other games where the competition doesnt go away so easily. Its why you see Kirby freak at a mistake when they are up 21 points in the 4th, he knows Bama wont fold and will be there 4 quarters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...