Cole World

Zane Beadles earned the worst grade for the Falcons offense this week

30 posts in this topic


This doesn't surprise me!  He was pushed around like a rag doll, and ended up in the backfield more often than not. 
I don't think Beadles is an answer to what troubles this O-line --- 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FalconJim said:


This doesn't surprise me!  He was pushed around like a rag doll, and ended up in the backfield more often than not. 
I don't think Beadles is an answer to what troubles this O-line --- 



 

Beadles definitely is not the solution, but as DQ said in a recent interview, it's not a one change & done kinda thing. Gotta try something at RG to see if RT gets any better... if not, then maybe the RT is the bigger issue. The fact than Beadles is at least still splitting 1st team reps at RG, but Sambrailo is getting the RT work all of the sudden could be an indication that they've come to the conclusion that Schraeder is in fact the bigger issue.

GrimeyKidd and FalconJim like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should move Schraeder inside to RG. Get a vet in FA to play RT. I prefer Billy Turner. Draft a LG to play closer to Mack. That way the right side still has 2 vets familiar with the zbs. Mack with a rookie LG shouldn't be a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get wanting to shake things up when stuff isn’t going well, but benching Garland for this bum was just a dumb idea. How about we do something actually worth while and bench Alford for Oliver or McClain for Senat? See what we have in the rookies who will actually be here beyond this season. Instead of some cast off failure of an Olinemen who won’t even be employed next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't we try Ty at RG? If he sucks at tackle maybe he's a decent guard. Isn't that what they do with a lot of college tackles, move them to guard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg we finally sat schraeder?! Finally maybe we will play a RT who can seal the edge on a toss play. **** maybe we wont fall on his *** against every DE he plays against. Im so tired of Ryan getting destroyed bc we have a tackling dummy for a RT

mikeg272 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

I think we should move Schraeder inside to RG. Get a vet in FA to play RT. I prefer Billy Turner. Draft a LG to play closer to Mack. That way the right side still has 2 vets familiar with the zbs. Mack with a rookie LG shouldn't be a problem.

So he can get seated on his *** by even bigger stronger DTs? No thanks 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we have stated before its becoming harder to move linemen its harder to find good ones to begin with - in the NFL most tackles will not do well at guard - they cant get low enough not enough bend in the hips and knees as good guards have.  Sure there are a few that can do both jobs, but the days of just moving a tackle to guard are long gone, NFL is becoming more specialized we talk about this all the time

vitaman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DMT11 said:

As we have stated before its becoming harder to move linemen its harder to find good ones to begin with - in the NFL most tackles will not do well at guard - they cant get low enough not enough bend in the hips and knees as good guards have.  Sure there are a few that can do both jobs, but the days of just moving a tackle to guard are long gone, NFL is becoming more specialized we talk about this all the time

They aren't making good ones in college either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shock said:

I get wanting to shake things up when stuff isn’t going well, but benching Garland for this bum was just a dumb idea. How about we do something actually worth while and bench Alford for Oliver or McClain for Senat? See what we have in the rookies who will actually be here beyond this season. Instead of some cast off failure of an Olinemen who won’t even be employed next year. 

Yeah I always thought this was a stoopid idear.

Let's put in the guy that CLEARLY couldn't sniff the back-up Guard job in camp and see if we can get Ryan killed.  That's didn't work?  OK let's put in the guy Beasley got 4 sacks on in one game and have Ryan throw every play.

If the point is to injure Ryan then it's a great idea.

At this point in the season you know what you have and you know what you don't have. Magically finding starter hidden on your bench is some Mike Smith **** because he'd rather play Lamar Holmes and Jaquizz Rogers instead of Schrader and Freeman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a reason Beadles was available to be signed during the season, and wasn't on a roster.

That said the coaching staff had to try something. If all you have is a crooked arrow in your quiver you still have to shoot it if that is all you have. Sometimes you find a Harvey Dahl that way.

Edited by Geneaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now