k-train

This guy should be our #1 priority in free agency

53 posts in this topic

831226224-san-francisco-49ers-v-kansas-c
MITCH MORSE - Center for KC

I wanted this dude in the draft, and would LOVE to see us get him. He missed a few games with a concussion & the Chiefs just signed his fill-in to an extension... which could mean they are willing to let Morse walk after this season & roll with the significantly cheaper player instead.

Cut Schraeder & use that money to pay Morse. Morse will be 27 years old in 2019, so he's still got a ton of great football ahead of him if he stays healthy.

We could have Morse play guard for a year or two & then take over for Mack at center in a couple years. Take the best RT prospect available in the 2nd (or even late 1st... trade up, back, whatever needs to happen to make it happen). We'd still need to find another OG, but this would hopefully solve a huge part of the offensive line troubles with guys who are long-term solutions.

Hey if we keep struggling, we may be able to get Jonah Williams. He's an animal and would instantly improve the right side of our OL. I've heard people say that this is a very meh OL draft, but I think Jonah has the potential to be a very good T in the league.

I guess you could ask if it's worth taking a RT in the top 10, but I think it is. A good OL would help all phases of the game. Run game gets better which means the defense can rest more. 

As for Morse, I haven't paid that much attention to him, but do you think he could transition to G easily enough? 

vitaman, osiruz and Borat like this

My number one target would Suh to play alongside Jarrett. If not him, I'd bring back Poe if he's cut. His departure destroyed our defense as much as any injury.

I don't know enough about Morse, but it's a sure bet we desperately need guard help. I also like the idea of drafting Williams to take over at RT. 

osiruz likes this

1 minute ago, thanat0s said:

My number one target would Suh to play alongside Jarrett. If not him, I'd bring back Poe if he's cut. His departure destroyed our defense as much as any injury.

I don't know enough about Morse, but it's a sure bet we desperately need guard help. I also like the idea of drafting Williams to take over at RT. 

Losing Poe has not hurt this defense at all. I think you're putting some extra sauce on that one

I’d be happy with Jonah in the 1st if the top elite DT prospects are all gone, which could be the case. My #1 want in the first round is Devin White though. Pairing him with Debo & Neal would be intimidating as ****. 

16 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Hey if we keep struggling, we may be able to get Jonah Williams. He's an animal and would instantly improve the right side of our OL. I've heard people say that this is a very meh OL draft, but I think Jonah has the potential to be a very good T in the league.

I guess you could ask if it's worth taking a RT in the top 10, but I think it is. A good OL would help all phases of the game. Run game gets better which means the defense can rest more. 

As for Morse, I haven't paid that much attention to him, but do you think he could transition to G easily enough? 

I do. He's a tough & smart player. He was a tackle in college at Missouri, but was moved inside once he was drafted because he didn't have the desired arm length to stay at tackle in the pros. He made the move to center immediately after being drafted & was named to the NFLPW All-Rookie Team.  He's been the starter at C for KC for 4 years now. So yeah, I definitely think he'd be fine making the move over to one of the guard spots for a while.

tl;dr likes this

Replacement C for Mack I think that's what they drafted Schwietzer.I believe he has a future at C and playing next to Mack right now learning his craft he would be that guy.

25 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Because our defense hasn't regressed up the middle at the LOS this year. Right...

And what has he done in Carolina to make you think he would have made an impact this season?

8 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Replacement C for Mack I think that's what they drafted Schwietzer.I believe he has a future at C and playing next to Mack right now learning his craft he would be that guy.

Can he play center? He can barely play guard.

Vandy, DogIsYourName and k-train like this

Just now, Jesus said:

Can he play center? He can barely play guard.

He played C LG and LT at San Jose St coming out.

To me starting him at RG and making him do that at the pro level while he started left side his whole college career was a head scratcher for me.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

To me starting him at RG and making him do that at the pro level while he started left side his whole college career was a head scratcher for me.

Because we already had Levitre locked in at LG.

Just now, k-train said:

Because we already had Levitre locked in at LG.

Understood but the question I asked myself at the time is your asking a rookie whose played left side his whole colliegate career to start in the pros on the right.Also he's a 6th rounder at that against seasoned vets and all pro guy's bigger faster stronger than what he'd faced his whole career.

You want to talk about setup for failure,man he's lucky he had that year behind Chester.It also explains too me his inconsistent play.

vitaman likes this

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

He's gonna have to show out at some point. Mack is here for a bit more because of the contract, but something isn't right with his movement. I wonder if his leg ever healed from the Super Bowl.

vitaman likes this

4 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Ramon Foster would be a much better addition on the OL

He'll be 33 in January & has only been able to make it through all 16 games twice in ten years.

falconsd56 likes this

28 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And what has he done in Carolina to make you think he would have made an impact this season?

Suddenly you're moving the target. I've no interest in chasing rabbits. My statement is true and stands on it's own.

5 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Suddenly you're moving the target. I've no interest in chasing rabbits. My statement is true and stands on it's own.

Just asking a simple question. He has done absolutely nothing to make Carolinas DL any better. What on earth makes you think he makes a difference on the Falcons DL this year or even next year?

1 hour ago, k-train said:

He'll be 33 in January & has only been able to make it through all 16 games twice in ten years.

He’s missed 4 games over the past 4 years. That isn’t bad at all. And 33 isn’t old for OL. Morse isn’t good. Foster is. 

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

He’s missed 4 games over the past 4 years. That isn’t bad at all. And 33 isn’t old for OL. Morse isn’t good. Foster is. 

Morse has been the starting center for one of the most consistently productive offenses in football for the past four years, so... nah, dude.

raysnill1 likes this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

No no no... Schwietzer needs to be an emergency-only bench player.  He isn't good!  I have never seen anything to make me think he has a future as a starter, and he's had his chances!

vitaman and osiruz like this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Losing Poe has not hurt this defense at all. I think you're putting some extra sauce on that one

Losing Poe, Upshaw AND Clayborn have hurt this D-line. Not just one of them. When you combine Poe, Clayborn, Jarrett, Upshaw, Shelby, and Takk together as a collective unit then you have a good D-line. Last time I checked, Deion Jones, Rico Allen, and Keanu Neal don't come from the D-line. Yes, losing those players have hurt our defense overall but their injuries aren't the reason our D-line has gotten ran over and pushed around all year. 

Edited by mqg96
thanat0s likes this

Roger effing Saffold ppl.  Ramon would be better than what we have but Saffold would be better - hes played a bit better than Ramon, although Ramon is a good player - I say get Saffold and try and get Levitre on super cheap deal and maybe we get lucky with his health - Ive seen him rated the no 3 and no 4 free agent guard for 2019.

7 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

Roger effing Saffold ppl.  Ramon would be better than what we have but Saffold would be better - hes played a bit better than Ramon, although Ramon is a good player - I say get Saffold and try and get Levitre on super cheap deal and maybe we get lucky with his health - Ive seen him rated the no 3 and no 4 free agent guard for 2019.

Oh, I thought you were referring to the noodles. Either way, you'd be right.