Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PokerSteve

Possible Draft Fits For Atlanta

20 posts in this topic

This list of possible draft picks for the Falcons are spot on imo. They were compiled for an article which appears in FalconsWire written by Scott Carasik. While some may not agree with his take on the Falcons, he does know the team and I think his viewpoints are valid more often than not. Among these nine suggested draft picks are Quinnen Williams, who I'm pretty sure has already drawn the attention of some in TATF.

I have not watched tape on any of these guys except a little for Williams. There's no question he would be a huge impact player in this defense and a pillar for years to come. The other 8 players Carasik suggests have merit and are a fit for our needs on defense and along the offensive line. Also has us drafting another WR and RB, a QB who sounds very interesting and a CB who I would take right now and start. lol.

This list sounds really good to me, but I'm not an informed analyst by any means. Hope some of you who are more in touch with the top college prospects slated to come out this year will come in to this thread and shed some light on how you think these players fit what we need and perhaps provide some other players you think would be better.

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/30/9-potential-fits-for-the-falcons-in-the-2019-nfl-draft/9/

Biggest pet peeve of mine when it comes to draft season...I hate it when draft articles or podcasts don’t show what projected round these guys are going to go.  Hard to envision fit of some of them if you don’t follow college as closely.  Not sure if this is a 1st round talent or a 6th.  

39 minutes ago, E. T. said:

I wish we had more than 1 pick in the first round.

Maybe we can con someone into giving us a first for Freeman?

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Mark this down Freeman will be back with a vengeance next year.Hes still got something to prove and alot to give.I'm betting on Free to comeback bigger and better.

I don't understand the Freeman hate on this board. Almost as confusing to me as all the Coleman love.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Me too man both those guys together at there best they wreck other teams.

Sadly for only one season.

I'm not ready for this stuff yet. 

It'll definitely be interesting to see where we pick. It'll inform my preferences for what we should do. Top ~6, we should probably stay put and take one of the big DL. But if we're closer to ~10? I'd love to pick up another pick or two...

2 hours ago, rings639 said:

Biggest pet peeve of mine when it comes to draft season...I hate it when draft articles or podcasts don’t show what projected round these guys are going to go.  Hard to envision fit of some of them if you don’t follow college as closely.  Not sure if this is a 1st round talent or a 6th.  

Agree. That would really help you understand what might be possible if you got some idea of where they're projected.

rings639 likes this

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Mark this down Freeman will be back with a vengeance next year.Hes still got something to prove and alot to give.I'm betting on Free to comeback bigger and better.

I hope so. I like Free. I want him to succeed here. 

Maybe because Freeman cost us the SB? Broke Mack's leg and totally whiffed on block that gave up sack/fumble instead of a td.

19 hours ago, mc said:

Maybe because Freeman cost us the SB? Broke Mack's leg and totally whiffed on block that gave up sack/fumble instead of a td.

Shouldn't have been throwing on 3rd and 1 

20 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

If there's any 280 pound guards out there who can do 6 reps on the bench press, Dimitroff and his scouts will find him.

Dont forget having short arms... we know he loves them short armed linemen

Doctor Kildare likes this

23 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Top 10 pick, and I would like us to trade down for more picks.  This team needs OL & DL, more picks could help us get better quickly.

It's all gonna be about how it plays out. This will be like the Matthews draft again. If TD gets antsy for Williams/Bosa/Oliver, does he try to trade up? 

Do we end up in the back half of the Top 10 and a random faller comes to us the way that has happened in some recent drafts?

If we end up in that ~8-11 range, I'll prefer a trade down for the exact reason you said. Pick up some Day 2 picks (the best value in football) and keep accumulating young talent. 

But if we're in the Top 7....trading down becomes tougher.