vel

DQ Presser [TWEETS]

49 posts in this topic

A lot of people take issue with DQ being coy in his pressers and being a "rah rah" coach and think his message has gone stale, etc. Well, he had a presser today that not many around here that make those complaints seem to want to talk about. Here are some tweets from that presser:

As you see, he didn't mince his words. At all. From the run defense to the coaches. He's not happy. Don't think he's going to just sit on his hands. He hasn't done that since he's been here. 

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

I like the honesty.

Hes basically put everyone on notice including himself as he knows where the buck stops.

These last 4 games will be the last for some of these coaches with the Falcons that's what I'm reading from that tweet.

Agree....thats the kind of coach we all want to see.

Take onus and make **** happen! 

Enough of this long lip talk! 

6 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Agree....thats the kind of coach we all want to see.

Take onus and make **** happen! 

Enough of this long lip talk! 

I kinda get why.He wants to see the guys he brought through succeed.He understands it's a result driven business and here in lies why he's putting these guys under the gun.

Balls in there court.

vel likes this

Not to be that guy, but it doesnt matter what the fans believe, its what the players believe. Certainly dont think every plater is buying into Quinn's stuff anymore, once it reaches a tipping point he has lost the team. good way to stop it is win the next 4 weeks. 1997 Falcons were like 2-9 but they won those last 5 games and went into 1998 on a high and confident wave. Something like that should be the only thing to save some peoples jobs

As someone who subjects themselves to every DQ presser, he was DEFINITELY not in his usual cast-no-aspersion self.  He was surprisingly frank and used far fewer of the typical DQ one-liners.  It's all just words but like I said in another thread, I still have a lot of faith in DQ.  He may not be the right coach but not for one second to I question this guy's passion and engagement and we still appear to be a tight-knit team in spite of the poor results.

Edited by Monolith2001
Vandy, capologist, vel and 7 others like this

Like kiwifalcon said ""He understands it's a result driven business and here in lies why he's putting these guys under the gun."" The Not For Long league is actually a ""What have You done for me lately?"" business. :angry::ninja:

papachaz and PokerSteve like this

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I kinda get why.He wants to see the guys he brought through succeed.He understands it's a result driven business and here in lies why he's putting these guys under the gun.

Balls in there court.

agreed. he wants his guys to succeed but at the same time he's holding himself accountable. Arthur would be a fool to get rid of Quinn or Dimitroff at this moment because they can right the ship. the only thing this team lacks is experience. our OC, DC and head coach are limited but the thing is, we may not like it but sometimes a season like this has to happen. sure it didn't go the way we planned but the foundation is there. in all honesty, the addition of Knapp was cool but we need an EXPERIENCED NFL OC running the offense while Matt still has 4 or 5 good years left in him.

1 hour ago, raysnill1 said:

agreed. he wants his guys to succeed but at the same time he's holding himself accountable. Arthur would be a fool to get rid of Quinn or Dimitroff at this moment because they can right the ship. the only thing this team lacks is experience. our OC, DC and head coach are limited but the thing is, we may not like it but sometimes a season like this has to happen. sure it didn't go the way we planned but the foundation is there. in all honesty, the addition of Knapp was cool but we need an EXPERIENCED NFL OC running the offense while Matt still has 4 or 5 good years left in him.

Agreed. Sark hire was a head scratcher to me and he's shown some signs but his inexperience shines through a little too much for me. 

I know Sark is Quinn's guy and I honestly like Sark but he has too many head scratching moments for me. 

I do not believe Quinn is going to be sitting on his hands this offseason. Maybe not all, but I could see changes at DL coach, ST coach, and OC. I wouldn't be surprised to see Quinn take more of an active role in the defense as well.

PokerSteve likes this

6 hours ago, osiruz said:

One thing about DQ is that he doesn't sit on his hands like Smitty that I admire and he will fire a player if he isn't performing. Let's hope we can get a pass rusher, a fierce DT, and 2 really good OL.

Keith Armstrong should have been FIRED!

papachaz likes this

Manuel

Keith Armstrong 

Conditioning coach

All needs to be FIRED! 

Sark is not at fault 100% for offensive woes....guys in most plays arr just not executing. Little bit of aggressiveness and creativity will help this offense for sure.

FYI = We are only team on League who have not missed FIELD GOALS yet we lost 4-5 games where we scored more field goals.

46 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

Gregg Knapp is an experienced NFL oc

I hate to speculate, but I could easily see Kubiak added to the staff in place of Sark. He was HC with Kyle running the offense in Houston and has been HC with Knapp as his QB coach before (twice). There is familiarity and keeping Knapp at QBC while having Kubiak at OC wouldn't be a crazy shake up. But, I ultimately see us keeping Sark for continuity. 

Remember, DQ isn't stubborn when it comes to the roster. He may be stubborn during the season. But he's always made moves in the offseason to address the in season issues. He gave Kyle all leeway on offense year one and doubled down on him year two, but he didn't double down on Mike Person. He went and got Alex Mack. With Sark, year one was shaky so instead of doubling down, he added Knapp to the staff. Don't expect him to just be stagnant. He hasn't shown that. 

Francis York Morgan likes this

31 minutes ago, vel said:

I hate to speculate, but I could easily see Kubiak added to the staff in place of Sark. He was HC with Kyle running the offense in Houston and has been HC with Knapp as his QB coach before (twice). There is familiarity and keeping Knapp at QBC while having Kubiak at OC wouldn't be a crazy shake up. But, I ultimately see us keeping Sark for continuity. 

If Kubiak returns to coaching in any form, then I expect Denver will be where he is going to be. I'd love for him to be here in Atlanta, and maybe we have the offnse that Kubiak prefers, but my gut tells me he's going to be on the sidelines for Denver.

2 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

If Kubiak returns to coaching in any form, then I expect Denver will be where he is going to be. I'd love for him to be here in Atlanta, and maybe we have the offnse that Kubiak prefers, but my gut tells me he's going to be on the sidelines for Denver.

If they fire Musgrave, then yea. But I don't know if they do that. Three OCs in three years? Who knows...

11 hours ago, vel said:

A lot of people take issue with DQ being coy in his pressers and being a "rah rah" coach and think his message has gone stale, etc. Well, he had a presser today that not many around here that make those complaints seem to want to talk about. Here are some tweets from that presser:

As you see, he didn't mince his words. At all. From the run defense to the coaches. He's not happy. Don't think he's going to just sit on his hands. He hasn't done that since he's been here. 

Good. He needs new coordinators and a new special teams coach. Basically a new staff. 

I mean of course we would all like to have kubiak def upgrade.  This is all specualtion, not to mention he he did come here, how long would he stay, I don't know we need linemen to block but we to not keep changing coordiantors ever 3 years as well,. We just have to trust that the front office can dtermine how much of a liability sark is and if it's worth replacing 

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Manuel

Keith Armstrong 

Conditioning coach

All needs to be FIRED! 

Sark is not at fault 100% for offensive woes....guys in most plays arr just not executing. Little bit of aggressiveness and creativity will help this offense for sure.

FYI = We are only team on League who have not missed FIELD GOALS yet we lost 4-5 games where we scored more field goals.

I dont personally agree with the conditioning coach if you want him gone because of injuries.  We had very good injury luck the two years prior and we were the only team with nobody on IR entering this season.  Sometimes crap happens, and people get hurt.  Every team has injuries, doesn’t mean it was the conditioning coaches fault.  

Now if you want him fired because we can’t close out games and you believe that is because of conditioning of the players and they are out of energy and not because of coaches taking their foot off the gas, then I may be able to get on board.

Francis York Morgan likes this

6 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

Man the offense too me is what I'm disappointed in the most.I believe it's magnified because they've bought in another set of experienced eyes in Knapp and yet we are still seeing alot of inconsistency.I do believe injuries and coaching are all tied together.But for me I have now seen enough of Sark and Knapp to now no these two guys aren't what we'd need going foward.

If some how we could grab Kubiak and really knuckle down on some offensive line talent through Draft or FA,the latter I'd prefer I'd feel a lot more comfortable with that in place.

The kicker is will DQ have the stones to actually overhaul that side of the ball is the question.DQ has made a mistake and now it's time to right the ship.

Kubiak is the perfect replacement in my eyes.WCO experienced and ran a heavy zone blocking scheme in Houston and Baltimore.I also believe Ryan would also benefit from having a guy like that on his side of the ball.

citsalp and PokerSteve like this