Falconer89

How Long Did It Take You to Get Over SB 51?

126 posts in this topic

It still hurts me today that bad.. Till this day i still can't watch the replays of that crap smh... If I'll ever be able to watch at any point in my life 

16 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Two hours. I knew we blew it but I thought it was the opening of a long term window.

2012 still hurts me more. Right there for the taking. At the close of a window. 

1980 even hurts more.

Danny White...Drew Pearson...ugggggh. The youngin's will never get it.

Imagine if you had the the number 3 defense, a QB with an arm like a cannon, 2 RBs who combined for 2900 yards from scrimmage and a 1000 yard receiver.

45 minutes ago, Falconer89 said:

It still burns inside me every day. Had we won, this season would be easier to handle. Most gut wrenching feeling I've ever had. Took me a month before I could eat properly again.

How long did it take the rest of y'all?

did not go to work till weds after

47 minutes ago, Falconer89 said:

It still burns inside me every day. Had we won, this season would be easier to handle. Most gut wrenching feeling I've ever had. Took me a month before I could eat properly again.

How long did it take the rest of y'all?

It didn't really hit me until this season. When we lost I thought we would be back and get our redemption. But seeing our team get injured this season made me realize we may never be back. So many things can go wrong. If we can win just one Lombardi before Matt Ryan retires I'll be happy. 

Matty ICE likes this

The next day to be honest the Falcons let down the fans so much some people get desensitized to the let downs

I've been a fan of the Falcons for 20+ years, from before our previous Super Bowl appearance. I've suffered through all the times the Niners and even the Rams would run through us like a wet paper towel. 

A part of me died the night of February 5, 2017

I'm still not over 1980, 1991, 1998, 2004, 2008, 2012.

Any of you guys remember that 1980 team? To me that was the best balanced team ever put together. We had the offense and defense to beat anybody. That team absolutely should have won the SB that year. But...……..!!!!!

1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

I was over it the next day but when people mention it to me it gives me flashbacks of that night, but I will not watch the game or any clips. Just can't bring myself to watch it. 

I got over it the same, don't think about unless someone brings it up. It's over and done in mind.

I mean I'm still not. I haven't been able to get excited about football like I used to because of that letdown. Like many are saying, I thought we'd be back within the next year or two but here we are not even making playoffs 2 years later. We may never be back. I still love the Falcons but I don't get as passionate as I used to.

12 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Made my peace with it the next day.   I'm just built that way about everything...doesn't take me long to get to "It is what it is" and move onto what's next.

Agree... Still don't want to talk about it or revisit it in any way, but I've been an Atlanta sports fan since since as far back as I can remember: late 60's.

Swift kicks to my fandom nuts is something I am used to dealing with. I expect it. The fun of sports for me is trying to guess in what new and unique way my teams will blow chances to win championships.