FalconsIn2012

Which One Of These Is Unlike The Other

39 posts in this topic

atudfinale-2.jpg

2017-SEC-Championship.png?resize=794,591

BujTArRIMAEjPcI.jpg

Bring back the Ga Dome, where home field was a thing and it was actual Falcons fans in the stands.  It’s like the Library of Congress when your in the Benz on Sundays.

I suspect it’s a jinx that out stadium shares a common name with the Saints.  Couldn’t we get Ferrari to put its name on our stadium?

Edited by Falconsin2012

I mean obviously an SEC Championship game is going to have a full stadium compared to a regular season game. But Atlanta United fans bring it for sure. 

People think hard and twice about spending their personal money for something that is not producing.  People like/want a winner.  That's why the Benz is full for other events.  Until we put together a dominant/competitive bunch on the field EVERY WEEK, we may continue to see empty seats.  Just being honest.  Maybe next year with some changes and recoveries from injuries we can change this.

papachaz and Flying Falcon like this

Bring back the Ga Dome, where home field was a thing and it was actual Falcons fans in the stands. It’s like the Library of Congress when your in the Benz on Sundays.

I feel like this is revisionist history. I attended a game at the GA Dome where someone was literally reading a book a couple of rows away from me. Everyone seems to remember the excitement of 2016, but that was because we were winning, not because the GA Dome had more "actual" fans. In 1998, I was able to buy tickets against Philadelphia on the home side 40 yard line 20 rows from the field for $50 from a scalper. That's because the Falcons were sorry in 1997. The dome has always been half empty when the Falcons were mediocre. Winning is a major part of why Atlanta has embraced Atlanta United. There was some pent up demand for soccer, but a lot of people (including me) have followed the United and attended games because they are having success on the field. 

Edited by tcmafreak

28 minutes ago, tcmafreak said:

I feel like this is revisionist history. I attended a game at the GA Dome where someone was literally reading a book a couple of rows away from me. Everyone seems to remember the excitement of 2016, but that was because we were winning, not because the GA Dome had more "actual" fans. In 1998, I was able to buy tickets against Philadelphia on the home side 40 yard line 20 rows from the field for $50 from a scalper. That's because the Falcons were sorry in 1997. The dome has always been half empty when the Falcons were mediocre. Winning is a major part of why Atlanta has embraced Atlanta United. There was some pent up demand for soccer, but a lot of people (including me) have followed the United and attended games because they are having success on the field. 

yep, not many want to spend the kind of money it costs to go to the game and watch a bunch of losers. Heck I can stay at home and watch on TV for nothing, and actually change channels when it gets bad enough

The pics actually prove why the issue isn't the stadium. Fans who want to watch the game and influence the outcome as much as any fan can will be in their seats and appropriately loud.

Teams that want to play in front of seats filled by such fans will have a quality product on the field. 

All other explanations are rationalized excuses. 

Falcon Man™ likes this

To be fair looks like the top 2 pics are in the middle of the games, where the Falcons one is before the game has even started 

But yeah we have no home field advantage and there’s plenty of empty seats during our games. Atlanta will support a winner though. Would it be nice if we had hardcore fans all the time? Of course but it is what it is and I can’t blame a transplant city for being bandwagon fans 

2 hours ago, shock said:

I mean obviously an SEC Championship game is going to have a full stadium compared to a regular season game. But Atlanta United fans bring it for sure. 

One is a semi-pro soccer team and the other is a Saints game from last year

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

yep, not many want to spend the kind of money it costs to go to the game and watch a bunch of losers. Heck I can stay at home and watch on TV for nothing, and actually change channels when it gets bad enough

And half of TATF is hoping we lose. Good Lawd. I definitely don't want to pay to see that. 

papachaz and Flying Falcon like this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

One is a semi-pro soccer team and the other is a Saints game from last year

Yeah I was at that game and the photo is long before the game had even started. And that was last year when people were too busy checking out the new stadium to sit down and watch the team come out.

Your point is a legit one but that pic is obviously misleading based on the fact that the game hasn’t even started yet and the stadium was brand new. 

falconsd56 likes this

4 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

The pics actually prove why the issue isn't the stadium. Fans who want to watch the game and influence the outcome as much as any fan can will be in their seats and appropriately loud.

Teams that want to play in front of seats filled by such fans will have a quality product on the field. 

All other explanations are rationalized excuses. 

Truth. 

Loved the Dome, that last NFCG game against Green Bay was rockin!  The Benz will be on fire for the Falcons when they start winning.  Expecting fans to shell out several hundred bucks for tickets with all this tanking talk is not helping.  

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

5 hours ago, tcmafreak said:

Yeah all the games I went to in the GA Dome  were half full as well. 

Ticket prices and different fan demographics is why ATL United always has packed out games. 

5 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

People think hard and twice about spending their personal money for something that is not producing.  People like/want a winner.  That's why the Benz is full for other events.  Until we put together a dominant/competitive bunch on the field EVERY WEEK, we may continue to see empty seats.  Just being honest.  Maybe next year with some changes and recoveries from injuries we can change this.

man even last year it was bad our home fans are brutal 

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

When the Falcons are winning.. the stadium is rocking.   I'm not trying to hear that 

last year from a tv perspective it was bad GO DAWGS

5 hours ago, shock said:

Regular season game?

5 hours ago, shock said:

Yeah I was at that game and the photo is long before the game had even started. And that was last year when people were too busy checking out the new stadium to sit down and watch the team come out.

Your point is a legit one but that pic is obviously misleading based on the fact that the game hasn’t even started yet and the stadium was brand new. 

Same here ...we went to the Thursday night game.....the stadium was freaking packed...even during the game there were wall to wall people  in the just walking around.

citsalp likes this

I don’t think the dome was really ever consistently full even when the Falcons were SB contenders every year. Falcons fans are generally just not overly supportive like other fan bases. There are plenty of team who fill the seats win or lose...any AFC north team, skins, bills, eagles etc....and those fans do it in the cold, don’t complain it is only 60 degrees, need to close a roof. :D

15 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Seeing those pics basically every week definitely isnt comforting. I dont live in Atlanta so I can't speak from experience but man is it depressing to see so many empty seats. 

You may not be able to witness it live but you get to witness a big reason why those seats are empty live on TV:ninja:

I have a question is the black out games not a thing anymore? 

I would think If they took away the black out of games then the push for packing stadium goes down. Because they still make that tv money. 

So I assume if you make your money from TV stations and you can fill up the stadium half way also selling psl seats you make your money back. 

Vs you don't put butts in the seats and you don't get air time. 

So with no fear of black out games you don't have to push for better price seats because your TV deals cover that.

Now all this doesn't matter if black out games still are there.