Falcons net 131 yards in Week 13 lowest since, wait for it...1999

Tmodel66

I couldn't believe this was right when I saw it reported in the AJC, so I had to look it up.

On Sunday, the Falcons gained 131 yards passing plus 34 yards rushing less 34 yards for sacks.  That's their lowest output since losing a game to the 49ers in Dec. 12, 1999 when they had only 105 yards.  

Sure, we have had some good offensive teams in the last few years, but it was 19 years ago and over 300 games since we have been this inept.

Yikes!

9 minutes ago, Tmodel66 said:

I couldn't believe this was right when I saw it reported in the AJC, so I had to look it up.

On Sunday, the Falcons gained 131 yards passing plus 34 yards rushing less 34 yards for sacks.  That's their lowest output since losing a game to the 49ers in Dec. 12, 1999 when they had only 105 yards.  

Sure, we have had some good offensive teams in the last few years, but it was 19 years ago and over 300 games since we have been this inept.

Yikes!

Lowest first half yards in a home game since 2003 when Doug Johnson was QB.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yes, but compared to what happened on Sunday, DJ must have "got it cooking" in the second half because those Falcons got more yards in the game than these Falcons did in week 13.

There were games in 2003 where we got 135 yards and 154 yards, but Sunday we only got 131.  It's hard to be that bad in today's NFL with rule changes that favor the offense.

10 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep, Vick was on IR that year I remember. Jamal Anderson was on IR for the 1999 team and he was the workhorse of that 1998 offense in a different era of the NFL where run game was a lot more important for championship teams. This current Falcons team with SARK as the OC broke all those records with Ryan, Julio, Sanu, Coleman, Ridley, and Hooper. That's unacceptable. Ravens may have the #1 D, but the Panthers and Saints scored on them too and beat them with Flacco at QB. 

32 minutes ago, Tmodel66 said:

Yes, but compared to what happened on Sunday, DJ must have "got it cooking" in the second half because those Falcons got more yards in the game than these Falcons did in week 13.

There were games in 2003 where we got 135 yards and 154 yards, but Sunday we only got 131.  It's hard to be that bad in today's NFL with rule changes that favor the offense.

That's what I've been saying all year. The reason our offense looked so good early in the year is because defenses were still getting used to the new NFL rules in favor of the offense but teams have adjusted now and Sark is right back to mediocrity. Yes, the O-line play has been bad all year make no mistake about it, but Sark still has been very poor with the play calling. That's why I laughed at all the Shanahan and Sark comparisons people tried to make last season. 

4 minutes ago, BLM said:

Give credit where it's due. Ravens D is good.  It's like if we faced Bama.

How about the Panthers and Saints with QB's and skill position players similar to the Falcons? They were able to score on the Ravens and beat them when Flacco was still healthy! With the talent the Falcons have that performance was unacceptable! In 1999 Jamal Anderson was on IR and in 2003 Vick was on IR, so I can understand those situations, but not with this current Falcons team. Injuries to Levitre and Freeman shouldn't be enough for your offense to have that historically bad of a performance. 

Edited by mqg96

Just now, mqg96 said:

How about the Panthers and Saints with QB's and skill position players similar to the Falcons? They were able to score on the Ravens and beat them when Flacco was still healthy! With the talent the Falcons have that performance was unacceptable! In 1999 Jamal Anderson was on IR and in 2003 Vick was on IR, so I can understand those situations, but not with this current Falcons team. Injuries to Levitre and Freeman shouldn't be enough for your offense to have that historically bad of a performance. 

Saints almost loss to Ravens if it wasn't for missed xtra point.  Ravens were first team this season to shut down Brees.

1 minute ago, BLM said:

Saints almost loss to Ravens if it wasn't for missed xtra point.  Ravens were first team this season to shut down Brees.

The Saints were in Baltimore and scored 24 points. We were at home and only scored 9 and had our worst offensive performance since 1999 and 2003 (with Anderson and Vick on IR those separate seasons). Any offense can struggle against a good defense, but not when you're HISTORICALLY bad with the weapons we have. Keep in mind, that was the 4th game in a row we scored under 20 too. 

13 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

Yikes!

Did you watch the game?

3 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

We will,  uhh ...find a wayscreen-shot-2017-04-26-at-9-30-25-am.png

3 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

Our new battle cry: Embrace The Suck!! When are the new t-shirts and ball caps coming out?

5 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

It was the 2003 game against the Bucs. Falcons lost 31-10. Finished with 136 yards of offense and 5 turnovers. If it weren't for the Bucs being penalized 10 times for 123 yards it might have been 50-10. It was so hard to watch games that year because Doug Johnson and Kurt Kittner were so overmatched.

1 hour ago, Gee-Q said:

Did you watch the game?

Yes, I know it was bad, but we are talking about almost 20 years...Think of some of the QBs we've had over that time:  Harrington, Leftwich, Kannell, Johnson, etc.  We've had Wade Phillips, Bobby Petrino, Jim Mora coaching us, but none of those teams had a day as bad as we had this last Sunday.