ike barn87987

It's getting clearer

15 posts in this topic

If we are picking top 3, then it's gotta be Q. Williams. Anything after that I feel like we gotta go Jonah Williams. 2nd Rd I like Gerald Willis or Derrick Brown if he falls there.

50 minutes ago, Cole World said:

We won’t be picking top 3. Have you seen 49ers, Raiders, and Jets schedule? We’ll be lucky to be in the top 8.

My point is if not Q Williams then it should be J Williams. We will be in the top 10. BPA for us in that range is J Williams. Still fills a need on the O line. Top O lineman. Rd 2 I really like Derrick Brown if he is there. If not give me Gerald Willis.

No, Jonah Williams is not a top 10 talent. A top 10 talent @ O-linemen has the ability to play LT which Williams certainly won’t in the NFL. There are exceptions to lineman like G’s Nelson (Colts), Decastro (Steelers), and player’s like Steve Hutchinson who are premium talent at their position, but it’s rare.

Williams will be a 1st rounder due to a weak O-line class.

It’s not guaranteed we even pick top 10. We are currently at 6 and tied with 4 other team record wise in which 3 are behind us due to strength of record and 2 more teams GB and Cleveland a half of game back. Out of the teams mentioned above we have a greater chance of winning a majority of our games. I would love to stay put or move up so we can possibly get Simmons.

Edited by Cole World

There's very little precedent for teams with legitimately good QBs to pick top 3. The Chargers have had the #3 and #7 picks recently but usually bad teams with good QBs manage to find a few wins to put them behind the teams with bad QBs. 

That said, Quinnen Williams is a beast, the Falcons won't be picking Jonah Williams or any RT in the top 10, and Derrick Brown is a 1st rounders. 

Edited by Summerhill
Cole World likes this

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

No Jonah Williams is not a top 10 talent. A top 10 talent @ O-linemen has the ability to play LT which Williams certainly won’t in the NFL. There are exceptions to lineman like G’s Nelson (Colts), Decastro (Steelers), and player’s like Steve Hutchinson who are premium talent at their position, but it’s rare.

Williams will be a 1st rounder due to a weak O-line class Williams.

It’s not guaranteed we even pick top 10. We are currently at 6 and tied with 4 other team record wise in which 3 are behind us due to strength of record and 2 more teams GB and Cleveland a half of game back. Out of the teams mentioned above we have a greater chance of winning a majority of our games. I would love to stay put or move up so we can possibly get Simmons.

The Falcons will have a top 10 pick. Have you not watched them this year? The only team I see us maybe beating is TB. IMO the only DL worth a top 10 pick are Bosa, Williams, and maybe Oliver.  I'm not as high on Oliver as others because I feel we have that in Jarrett.

I see BPA like we did last year with Ridley. Whatever OL they think is best will probably be the pick if they stay put. I personally like Dillard, Cajuste, and Williams. But my ideal thing to do is to trade back into the teens, get an extra 2nd. My first pick would be Derrick Brown.

vel likes this

4 hours ago, Cole World said:

No, Jonah Williams is not a top 10 talent. A top 10 talent @ O-linemen has the ability to play LT which Williams certainly won’t in the NFL. There are exceptions to lineman like G’s Nelson (Colts), Decastro (Steelers), and player’s like Steve Hutchinson who are premium talent at their position, but it’s rare.

Williams will be a 1st rounder due to a weak O-line class.

He’s the best tackle in this draft and historically that player goes in the top 10. So yes.

This is the answer a well known former NFL personnel man gave me when I asked him if J Will is a top 10 talent.

If Quinnen Williams isn't there, I want Jeffrey Simmons. Bad. You don't draft on need in the top 10...unless you're terrible.

We have a huge need at DT either way. It just makes sense. Drop off from the high first to high second/third isn't big this year for OL...it is for DT.

Cole World and kiwifalcon like this

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

If Quinnen Williams isn't there, I want Jeffrey Simmons. Bad. You don't draft on need in the top 10...unless you're terrible.

We have a huge need at DT either way. It just makes sense. Drop off from the high first to high second/third isn't big this year for OL...it is for DT.

By all indications Simmons would be BPA. A "need" pick would be someone like Cody Ford. 

4 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

The Falcons will have a top 10 pick. Have you not watched them this year? The only team I see us maybe beating is TB. IMO the only DL worth a top 10 pick are Bosa, Williams, and maybe Oliver.  I'm not as high on Oliver as others because I feel we have that in Jarrett.

I see BPA like we did last year with Ridley. Whatever OL they think is best will probably be the pick if they stay put. I personally like Dillard, Cajuste, and Williams. But my ideal thing to do is to trade back into the teens, get an extra 2nd. My first pick would be Derrick Brown.

Confident aren’t you, and yes, I watched every minute to include watching other teams, so I have a good idea of their statuses as well. We both shall see.

I’m glad that’s your opinion, but there are other Dlinemen worth a top ten pick.

BTW, Ridley wasn’t a BPA pick. It was a need. If you watched the games from the season before you would see Sarkisian needed another weapon to help him with his offense.

Again I will say you are wrong. None of those offensive lineman you listed will be a Falcon, especially if you think we are picking in the top 10 and staying put.

4 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

He’s the best tackle in this draft and historically that player goes in the top 10. So yes.

This is the answer a well known former NFL personnel man gave me when I asked him if J Will is a top 10 talent.

He’s not the best tackle in this class but I’m saying that now without knowing who all is declaring. Greg Little is the top tackle if he declares.

55 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Confident aren’t you, and yes, I watched every minute to include watching other teams, so I have a good idea of their statuses as well. We both shall see.

I’m glad that’s your opinion, but there are other Dlinemen worth a top ten pick.

BTW, Ridley wasn’t a BPA pick. It was a need. If you watched the games from the season before you would see Sarkisian needed another weapon to help him with his offense.

Again I will say you are wrong. None of those offensive lineman you listed will be a Falcon, especially if you think we are picking in the top 10 and staying put.

I said IF we stay put I think it'll be BPA. And whatever OL they think that may be. I don't see a DT after Williams worth a top 10 pick. But I do see J Will available and I can also see Andre Dillard making himself some money at the SB and giving Williams a run for the top tackle position.

1 hour ago, ike barn87987 said:

I said IF we stay put I think it'll be BPA. And whatever OL they think that may be. I don't see a DT after Williams worth a top 10 pick. But I do see J Will available and I can also see Andre Dillard making himself some money at the SB and giving Williams a run for the top tackle position.

That is not what I was referring too when I said you were confident. Look back at the bold. You claim the only possible win will be against the Bucs but that’s not the case. The Bucs is the 2nd hardest game left on our schedule behind Carolina. Winston is playing for his career. He don’t want to be known as Josh Freeman 2.0

I’ll help you out so it won’t come as a surprise but GB has had trouble stopping the run all season and now their Secondary is depleted by injuries. Tramon Williams is now playing FS and they just placed King on IR. This game can be won.

Arizona O-line is not that good to begin with but just placed their best lineman on IR to include their 2nd most productive receiver. This game can be won.

We could easily be 6-10 which will knock us out of the top 10.....but again we shall see. Hopefully you’re right.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, ike barn87987 said:

If we are picking top 3, then it's gotta be Q. Williams. Anything after that I feel like we gotta go Jonah Williams. 2nd Rd I like Gerald Willis or Derrick Brown if he falls there.

We will draft a QB in the 1st round. 

On 12/6/2018 at 1:43 PM, 81KJW said:

We will draft a QB in the 1st round. 

Actually..... depending on the pick why not. Ryan is what 32 or 33? Meh. QBs we pick high have actuallove you been decent. More so than OL. J/s