Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Doesn't the Packers having an interim head coach put us at a disadvantage?

57 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, isproab said:

The concerning thing is that we are having this conversation. So you have a team in disarray, dealing with a sudden leadership change and WE are the ones at a disadvantage. I guarantee if it was the Falcons firing a coach midseason nobody would say it was an advantage. Just goes to show how things happen for us. 

I will be surprised if we win in Green Bay outside in the cold facing a team with a coach this staff has no film on.  Extremely sad state of affairs for this team right now. 

We should be back in 2019 after some good draft picks.

11 hours ago, stizz said:

Yeah and then you'd complain when the guy you claim to be a game changer doesn't fall to us and somehow get upset with Dimitroff. 

There is zero reason for this team to win games this year. The fans don't even show up.

Right on!  

And just think, if we tank every game next season, we'll go 0-16 and then be REALLY sitting pretty!

9 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Us having to play another NFL team puts us at a disadvantage.

FIFY....my high school team is playing at the Benz next week in the class AA championship game. I'm not so sure this version of the Falcons could beat them all 4 quarters either

If we win, great.  If we lose, not the end of the world.  I do want to see Julio go off for another 100+ yard game..

Other than that, interest level is low..

Just now, papachaz said:

FIFY....my high school team is playing at the Benz next week in the class AA championship game. I'm not so sure this version of the Falcons could beat them all 4 quarters either

Dumb...

1 minute ago, Gee-Q said:

Dumb...

now we all know what you are, but what am I???

reality is I should have used purple,  didn't think sarcasm that obvious needed it, but then I forgot you and others like you post here 

6 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I hope they play well but lose. Maybe lose 30-27 to Green bay lose 23-22 to Arizona lose 28-24 to Carolina and 24-23 to Tampa bay something like that.

Exactly.  I want them to play well to show that we aren't too many pieces away from being competitive again.  

15 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Right on!  

And just think, if we tank every game next season, we'll go 0-16 and then be REALLY sitting pretty!

Oh come on man.  We're going to have Neal, Allen, and Freeman back.  Also, hopefully a top 5 or 4(maybe higher;))draft pick in every round.  This is a good opportunity that hopefully we won't have again for a long time.  It sucks to lose, I know this, but **** it would be nice to have these high draft picks this year since we suck this year anyway...So you honestly want to win out and lose out on any chance at someone like Ed Oliver?

We're at a slight disadvantage because no one knows what they'll run without McCarthy calling the offense.. similar to how the Browns looked with Jackson gone. Our defense was seeing plays and formations they had not seen on tape. Of course it didn't matter because they sucked anyway, but you could see the confusion trying to set the defense.

54 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Right on!  

So you are saying we are staring 0 - 16 in the face?

octoslash likes this

I am 100% certain the Falcons will lose against the Packers. Nothing, and I mean nothing tells me that the Falcons can win another game this year. 

7 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Lol. When we play good we are one of the best. But when we play bad we are the worst.

Who are the Falcons better than at this point? 

3 hours ago, papachaz said:

now we all know what you are, but what am I???

reality is I should have used purple,  didn't think sarcasm that obvious needed it, but then I forgot you and others like you post here 

Even dumber

17 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I hope they do. I'm tired of losing. Did the suck for Luck Colts tank when they were 0-13? No, they finished 2-1. Tankin is for losers.

Which is why we should tank,we ARE losers, makes ZERO sense to try and win anything at this point

Just now, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yall tank on.

The team aint.

We shall see I reckon, the sad part is,they may not have to TRY to tank,it may just happen naturally

18 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I hope they do. I'm tired of losing. Did the suck for Luck Colts tank when they were 0-13? No, they finished 2-1. Tankin is for losers.

Yup!

Plus, although it is no longer in our hands - we are not "out" of the playoff hunt.   Very slim chance - but the only thing we control is us.   If we win out - there is an 18% chance of making the playoffs.   Very slim - and a lot of things have to go right - but it could happen.

And I don't care what anyone says about 1 and done either.    Once you are in the playoffs - even the 6th seed has a shot.   See 2010 Green Bay or 2005 Pittsburgh.   Anything can happen as long as they don't quit.

Never give up hope - they might snatch it away from you and stomp it on the ground - but fight 'em all the way!

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

What puts us at a disadvantage is ever playing a 3-4 defense (ALA the AFC), and an aging Clay Matthews vs. our joke of an O line. Even the aging Clay will wreak havoc on Matt this week. The zone blocking scheme is absolute garbage vs the 34, and our O line is too small to succeed in the trenches vs the 34. 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

1 hour ago, rogueleadersf said:

We shall see I reckon, the sad part is,they may not have to TRY to tank,it may just happen naturally

The team has lost four in a row after smashing Washington. Not sure why you want to continue to deny it, but some of these guys have straight up quit. 

1 hour ago, stizz said:

The team has lost four in a row after smashing Washington. Not sure why you want to continue to deny it, but some of these guys have straight up quit. 

Can't argue with that, the end result week in and week out seems to indicate that as well

1 hour ago, rogueleadersf said:

Can't argue with that, the end result week in and week out seems to indicate that as well

Haha, my bad man. Meant to quote FFS1970.

rogueleadersf likes this