Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Doesn't the Packers having an interim head coach put us at a disadvantage?

57 posts in this topic

A lot of fans both Falcons and Packers think the Falcons should win this upcoming game because the Packers fired Mike McCarthy and will have an interim head coach. I think it puts us at a disadvantage because we don't really know what to expect from them. They will probably have many new tricks up their sleeve. That's why the Browns whooped us because we didn't have film of what they we're going to do. I expect the Packers to get the W this week. We are put of the playoff hunt and will probably be just evaluating players for next season. What do you guys think?

ryantlanta likes this

I hope we're at a disadvantage.  The best thing for this team it to lose out.  Period.  Sorry anti-tankers.  We need high draft picks in every round in the worst way.  For the future.  We could land Quinnan Williams, Ed Oliver, a stud tackle etc.  If I were Quinn I would start playing some rookies and evaluate what we have in them, like Isaiah Oliver for example.  Season is done.  Let's nail this draft and get back to competing next season!

rogueleadersf and PokerSteve like this

7 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

The interim coach doesn't put us at a disadvantage, we can do that on our own. Don't believe me, see the Browns and Ravens games.

Why are you including the Ravens? John Harbough was on the sidelines,  he's still their coach...  

mtldirtybird likes this

14 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

I hope we're at a disadvantage.  The best thing for this team it to lose out.  Period.  Sorry anti-tankers.  We need high draft picks in every round in the worst way.  For the future.  We could land Quinnan Williams, Ed Oliver, a stud tackle etc.  If I were Quinn I would start playing some rookies and evaluate what we have in them, like Isaiah Oliver for example.  Season is done.  Let's nail this draft and get back to competing next season!

I got us finishing 5-11. I think we win one more against the Cardinals in a very close game.

28 minutes ago, papachaz said:

Why are you including the Ravens? John Harbough was on the sidelines,  he's still their coach...  

I have no clue, I was just thinking of games that we got trashed and those came to mind

PokerSteve and papachaz like this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I hope they do. I'm tired of losing. Did the suck for Luck Colts tank when they were 0-13? No, they finished 2-1. Tankin is for losers.

whatever.  I'd rather have a shot at Ed Oliver or Quinnan Williams or possibly Jonah Williams than winning out when it does us absolutely no good.  I'm not having this argument though.  I know the players aren't gonna tank, I just hope they continue losing since the season is already lost.  Not having this argument though...

2 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

The interim coach doesn't put us at a disadvantage, we can do that on our own. Don't believe me, see the Browns and Ravens games.

I was going to say, at this point just us taking the field puts us at a disadvantage. 

PokerSteve and papachaz like this

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

A lot of fans both Falcons and Packers think the Falcons should win this upcoming game because the Packers fired Mike McCarthy and will have an interim head coach. I think it puts us at a disadvantage because we don't really know what to expect from them. They will probably have many new tricks up their sleeve. That's why the Browns whooped us because we didn't have film of what they we're going to do. I expect the Packers to get the W this week. We are put of the playoff hunt and will probably be just evaluating players for next season. What do you guys think?

I don't think the OC/HC interim thing is a problem. Angry Rodgers who wants to show the world the HC was holding him back may be. 

Francis York Morgan likes this

I hope they do. I'm tired of losing. Did the suck for Luck Colts tank when they were 0-13? No, they finished 2-1. Tankin is for losers.

I mean.... Yeah. That's the point. 

papachaz likes this

Yeah and then you'd complain when the guy you claim to be a game changer doesn't fall to us and somehow get upset with Dimitroff. 

There is zero reason for this team to win games this year. The fans don't even show up.

Mescalito likes this

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

You'd think it would give us an advantage, not a disadvantage! 
But with the way we've been playing, who knows what'll happen. 
I know, Rodgers is going to try to have a "coming out" party, to show that his old coach was holding him back!  If that's the case, and with our secondary playing pretty pitiful lately, it may get ugly ----- fast!  

The concerning thing is that we are having this conversation. So you have a team in disarray, dealing with a sudden leadership change and WE are the ones at a disadvantage. I guarantee if it was the Falcons firing a coach midseason nobody would say it was an advantage. Just goes to show how things happen for us. 

I will be surprised if we win in Green Bay outside in the cold facing a team with a coach this staff has no film on.  Extremely sad state of affairs for this team right now. 

5 hours ago, Mescalito said:

whatever.  I'd rather have a shot at Ed Oliver or Quinnan Williams or possibly Jonah Williams than winning out when it does us absolutely no good.  I'm not having this argument though.  I know the players aren't gonna tank, I just hope they continue losing since the season is already lost.  Not having this argument though...

I hope they play well but lose. Maybe lose 30-27 to Green bay lose 23-22 to Arizona lose 28-24 to Carolina and 24-23 to Tampa bay something like that.

Mescalito likes this

2 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Us having to play another NFL team puts us at a disadvantage.

Lol. When we play good we are one of the best. But when we play bad we are the worst.