slickgadawg

Leftwich slings ball 57 yards off back foot Saints vs Falcons...

106 posts in this topic

Byron Leftwich slung this ball 57 yards OFF HIS BACK FOOT with a collapsed pocket. He got hurt on this play thats how ferocious the rush was.  OVERTHREW the receiver OFF HIS BACK FOOT.   No room to step up into the pocket because there was NO POCKET.  This is why quarterbacks with big arms are a premium in the NFL.  Sometimes they got to be able to take it upon themselves and help the line out by making plays....

2o5yls.gif

Edited by slickgadawg

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

The stupidity of posts gets worse by the year. The problem with Matt Ryan (in the eyes of a lot of Falcons "fans") isn't that he has a bad arm, or a terrible O-line... It's that he's not Michael Vick. Despite Ryan being undoubtedly the best QB we've ever had by a longshot.

He is not Bartkowski either...

Skeetbird and Halcon-1 like this

1 minute ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

The stupidity of posts gets worse by the year. The problem with Matt Ryan (in the eyes of a lot of Falcons "fans") isn't that he has a bad arm, or a terrible O-line... It's that he's not Michael Vick.

Some truth to that I'd say, but not as much as you may believe.I used to think that too. But Vick is long gone and he wasn't as effective as Matt Ryan. He admits to being lazy back then. Best thing he did was beat Green Bay in Green Bay in the playoffs. I do wish Ryan had a cannon arm lik eVick but he don't and he took us to the Superbowl. he didnt lose the Sb coaching did. and poor execution 

THEHEADCOACH likes this

2 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

Some truth to that I'd say, but not as much as you may believe.I used to think that too. But Vick is long gone and he wasn't as effective as Matt Ryan. He admits to being lazy back then. Best thing he did was beat Green Bay in Green Bay in the playoffs. I do wish Ryan had a cannon arm lik eVick but he don't and he took us to the Superbowl. he didnt lose the Sb coaching did. and poor execution 

And even then he didn't play that good in that game. Defense basically won that game.

Just now, Skeetbird said:

I just think there's an extremely vocal contingent of fans that yearn for a fast African American QB regardless of how good they'd actually be, over Matt Ryan. Like the Atlantabirdgroup on FB is quite large and the posts ripping Matt Ryan to shreds and asking for Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, etc. are significantly large portions of posts. 

Posting a gif of Byron Leftwich's useless cannon is just another hilarious example. I bet there's some dudes out there that want us to give Jamarcus Russell a shot. 

At the end of the day, the offensive line is the problem, any QB in the league would struggle and Matt is still putting up gaudy numbers.

11 minutes ago, Jesus said:

It was incomplete.

I played safety.  Whenever we played a quarterback we didn't fear we put the strong safety down into the box. This was automatic unless they went 3 x 1 on us.  This enabled us to control the run game and get extra pressure on the quarterback.  Whenever we FEARED a quarterback with a big arm we mostly played back in cover two because REGARDLESS of if the pass is incomplete or not we had to respect the big arm and a receiver getting behind us.   Ryan does most of his damage deep with shoulder fakes.  Instead of his arm he he tries to trick the safeties as his primary weapon.  Seasoned safeties never bite on the first movements of a quarterback...

ICUH8N likes this

17 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

The stupidity of posts gets worse by the year. The problem with Matt Ryan (in the eyes of a lot of Falcons "fans") isn't that he has a bad arm, or a terrible O-line... It's that he's not Michael Vick. Despite Ryan being undoubtedly the best QB we've ever had by a longshot.

This is an OLD and terrible take. This is suuuuuper late. NOBODY thinks Vick is coming back. This is a deflection to deflect all deflections. 

12 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I just think there's an extremely vocal contingent of fans that yearn for a fast African American QB regardless of how good they'd actually be, over Matt Ryan. Like the Atlantabirdgroup on FB is quite large and the posts ripping Matt Ryan to shreds and asking for Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, etc. are significantly large portions of posts. 

Posting a gif of Byron Leftwich's useless cannon is just another hilarious example. I bet there's some dudes out there that want us to give Jamarcus Russell a shot. 

At the end of the day, the offensive line is the problem, any QB in the league would struggle and Matt is still putting up gaudy numbers.

What in the world is this ridiculous post?! 

Just now, Bunchy Carter said:

What in the world is this ridiculous post?! 

Go to the Atlantabirdgroup and just read posts... Though to be fair, posts there are 100x worse than anything here. AFMB is an oasis by comparison.

3 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

This is an OLD and terrible take. This is suuuuuper late. NOBODY thinks Vick is coming back. This is a deflection to deflect all deflections. 

Nah, I think thats part of it. Not Vick specifically, but someone like Vick. There's always been a bit of tension in the fan base once the Vick to Ryan transition happened. For the vast vast majority, folks wised up once they saw Ryan was in a different stratosphere as a QB. But there are a few that will always be turned off by Ryan's boring, ho-hum proficiency. He's not exciting, he's not flashy. He's just good. 

21 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

He is not Bartkowski either...

Who once threw it from one end zone to another...

And Jamarcus Russell threw it 70 yards when on his knees... and no he wasn't puking cough syrup... 

yawn

4 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Nah, I think thats part of it. Not Vick specifically, but someone like Vick. There's always been a bit of tension in the fan base once the Vick to Ryan transition happened. For the vast vast majority, folks wised up once they saw Ryan was in a different stratosphere as a QB. But there are a few that will always be turned off by Ryan's boring, ho-hum proficiency. He's not exciting, he's not flashy. He's just good. 

That's more or less what I'm getting at. Matt Ryan is safe... and some people prefer excitement and someone relatable even if it's not in the best interest of the team or the same problems would still exist. We could draft Tua with divine knowledge he'd be HOF caliber with our O-line and Sarkisian and he'd still get sacked 40 times a year too. I just hate people blaming/not supporting Matt Ryan because he's "boring" or  has a bad game because he has 1.25s to throw when any QB in the league would do just as bad, if not worse. When he's very clearly not the problem.

Or ignorant statements like "Matt Ryan shoulda overruled Shanahan in the SB and ran. He lost us the SB." When he had one of the most historic SB statistical performances ever.

At the end of the day, far more popularly-recognized elite QBs struggle under far less duress than Matt Ryan. The Cowboys harassed Brees in their matchup and he was toast the whole game.

5 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I wish we could pin this post. Well said.

22 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

That MF'er had a CANNON!

IIRC, Vick threw almost 70 off of his back foot against the Bills just before halftime during a game...........................of course it was incomplete, but still............

9 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

That's more or less what I'm getting at. Matt Ryan is safe... and some people prefer excitement and someone relatable even if it's not in the best interest of the team or the same problems would still exist. We could draft Tua with divine knowledge he'd be HOF caliber with our O-line and Sarkisian and he'd still get sacked 40 times a year too. I just hate people blaming/not supporting Matt Ryan because he's "boring" or  has a bad game because he has 1.25s to throw when any QB in the league would do just as bad, if not worse. When he's very clearly not the problem.

Or ignorant statements like "Matt Ryan shoulda overruled Shanahan in the SB and ran. He lost us the SB." When he had one of the most historic SB statistical performances ever.

At the end of the day, far more popularly-recognized elite QBs struggle under far less duress than Matt Ryan. The Cowboys harassed Brees in their matchup and he was toast the whole game.

There's a lot going on in this post but I think the general conclusion of some portions of this fanbase being malcontent-ish is very true. 

I talk about it all the time. The "entitlement" huge portions of this fan base has for "success" as they define it. It's the weirdest thing ever given the history of the team. 

This franchise was a moribund laughing stock for nearly 40 years. Once Mr. Blank purchased the team, the improvements came quick and effective. And once the TD/Matt Ryan era began, sustained success FINALLY came to this franchise. Not blue moon success or bolt of lightning success...but actual winning. Stringing together competitive years. Making the playoffs. Making NFCCGs. Making a Super Bowl. Not because of some random unsustainable stroke of luck but on the merits. 

And YES it absolutely 100% sucks that 2016 ended the way it did. And it TOTALLY BLOWS how 2018 has gone. But the "burn it down" mentality that some have the first second anything goes wrong is kind of embarrassing, frankly. As is a palatial stadium thats ~half full. 

So whether its Matt Ryan or Dan Quinn or Julio Jones or Jake Matthews or Vic Beasley, the problem always lives in the same place.....the vocal minority of this fan base that simply has no thorough understanding of how the league works.