Falcons and Angels and Bulls, oh my!

Sadly being a Falcons fan isn't the end of my sports disappointment. You all know the struggles the Atlanta Falcons have had. To put it in perspective I've been a fan since 2001. 

I've been an Angel's fan for 3 years. It's very disappointing to have arguably the best player in baseball on a losing team. Similar to the Falcons, every free agent they sign seems to underperform. Sadly a lot of money is tied up in Albert Pujols. He's a lock to make the hall of fame. Unfortunately the guy is way past his prime and is only hurting the team by not retiring. They have a new skipper so there's optimism. I just can't help but wonder will they ever make the playoffs.

Lastly I'm a Bulls fan. I've been a fan since 1991. Surprisingly Scottie Pippen was my favorite player instead of MJ. I did witness 6 championships in 8 years so maybe I have no complaint here. It's frustrating that every time they become a contender ownership breaks them down and starts over. Coach Hoiberg just got fired after posting losing records every year. So a new coach next year will mean hitting the reset button again. 

Feel free to share your sports fan nightmares here.

2 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Are these the Angels and Bears that have won a combined 7 championships?  Poor guy!

Yeah 7. But the one for the Angel's was before I started following baseball and before I was a fan of the Angel's. The Bulls got 6, but it was a long time ago and I was still too young to really understand how rare the feat truely was.

11 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Sadly being a Falcons fan isn't the end of my sports disappointment. You all know the struggles the Atlanta Falcons have had. To put it in perspective I've been a fan since 2001. 

I've been an Angel's fan for 3 years. It's very disappointing to have arguably the best player in baseball on a losing team. Similar to the Falcons, every free agent they sign seems to underperform. Sadly a lot of money is tied up in Albert Pujols. He's a lock to make the hall of fame. Unfortunately the guy is way past his prime and is only hurting the team by not retiring. They have a new skipper so there's optimism. I just can't help but wonder will they ever make the playoffs.

Lastly I'm a Bulls fan. I've been a fan since 1991. Surprisingly Scottie Pippen was my favorite player instead of MJ. I did witness 6 championships in 8 years so maybe I have no complaint here. It's frustrating that every time they become a contender ownership breaks them down and starts over. Coach Hoiberg just got fired after posting losing records every year. So a new coach next year will mean hitting the reset button again. 

Feel free to share your sports fan nightmares here.

I was born in Chicago and moved to Atlanta. I too wound up a Bulls and Falcons fan. The Bulls were more like Superheros than Basketball Players. I was able to watch and appreciate the final 3 peat of MJ, but I couldn't fully appreciate it's specialness. I became a Falcons fan and I have had high highs and low lows. No championships of either franchise since I truly could begin appreciating them. The Falcons and Bulls have led to lots of disappointment, but the highs were certainly fun. I will always look at the year Derrick Rose tore his ACL and remain convinced we would've won a championship that year. And I will always look at the Falcons SB run in 2016 as the end result, and sadly never be able to soak in the joy of the Packers vs Falcons NFC Championship Win I was able to attend at the Georgia Dome. May we have some joy in the not too distant future. Bulls seem further off. Haha. But these Falcons, if healthy, and a good draft and offseason, may yet do some damage in a post season run soon.